Any basketball fans here?

Discussion in 'Chit-Chat' started by Phil, May 20, 2003.

1. MetalOrange

MetalOrange Regular Member

ray allen

NBA Celtics star Allen joins elite scoring company

[​IMG]
    • [​IMG] AFP – Ray Allen of the Boston Celtics shoots against Andray Blatche of the Washington Wizards at the Verizon …
    Fri Dec 11, 1:53 am ET
    WASHINGTON (AFP) – Boston guard Ray Allen became the 32nd player in NBA history to score 20,000 points when he hit a three-pointer late in the third quarter of the Celtics 104-102 win over Washington.
    Allen came into the game needing 14 points for 20,000 and he finished with 18 for the Celtics who won their ninth consecutive game.
    Rajon Rondo had 21 points and 11 assists and Kevin Garnett had 17 points for Boston.
    Gilbert Arenas led Washington with 25 points, but missed a pair of free throws with under a minute to play.

2. Ilovecroatia

Ilovecroatia Guest

Last Page

Havent been to the cinema in yonks but the last film I saw was Xmen 2 on DVD the other night.

My verdict: excellent entertainment. Nightcrawler was very very cool. I really enjoyed this film and hope they make a third.

3. george@chongwei

george@chongwei Regular Member

in the wrong thread?:(

4. madbad

madbad Regular Member

Watched the Blazers outscore the Suns 35-21 in the 4th quarter tonight to win 105-102. What an excellent comeback. We needed this win.

5. extremenanopowe

extremenanopowe Regular Member

Chief Coach. The best and still active.
    www.extreme-power.org or xtremexn.blogspot.com
    I like artest message to his buddy wood. Hang in there brother... lol. All brothers are the same. lol. ;)

6. george@chongwei

george@chongwei Regular Member

7. ctjcad

ctjcad Regular Member

could the series end in boston??..

..now somebody tell me, did DFish do an Artest to Ray-Ray which made him shoot 0-13 FG and 0-8 3-pters??..

When Paulina Pierce said, after Game 2 Celtics victory, that the series is not coming back to L.A., he might be right. The Lakeshow might probably sweep his team @ their homecourt, three nil...:eek:

Should the Lakers win the title, these will be the main reasons:
    1. Artest vs. Wheelchair: Lakers didn't have anyone to guard Wheelchair in 2008 NBA Final..
    2. The Black Mamba vs. ?????: the Celtics had James Posey to hound the Black Mamba in 2008 NBA Final, not this time around..
    3. Size: Lakers now have A-Bomb in tandem with Gasol; Celts don't have Powe to counter..

The Black Mamba putting on a display..w/the left hand teardrop reminiscent of Air Jordan @ 1:14..and the nasty block on Perkins @ 2:24..
    [video=youtube;06r3cs5qYcw]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=06r3cs5qYcw[/video]

Hero of the night for the Lakers, DFish..
    [video=youtube;PqMg6qDEj9A]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=PqMg6qDEj9A[/video]

#247 ctjcad, Jun 9, 2010
    Last edited: Jun 9, 2010
  8. RSLvictorSOTX

RSLvictorSOTX Regular Member

Human Highlight Film, Airness, Magic, Dream...black mamba (what is that?):eek:?

It's going to end Celtics 4 and Lakers 2. Big 3 plus Rondo = 4. Pau and KB = 2. Ron Ron is gonna need a brain gain (try treys):rolleyes:.

Fish is the best point guard ever:rolleyes:.

The best guards: Nash:cool:, Williams:cool:, Rose:cool:, Paul:cool: etc., are gone trout fishin':eek:.

9. ctjcad

ctjcad Regular Member

..Air Jordan had different teams (teammates) than what Kobe has (and had during his time with Snaq-fu)..Also, the level of competition was different during the Bulls' era than nowadays; the league was basically watered-down, not much competition during the 90s..
    As for Lakers' Game 2 loss, i don't think Kobe is the sole reason. How about Artest doing his own show? How about the rest of his teammates not showing up?..But they sure did show up for Game 3, at least DFish..

The only way Celts gonna win the series is if RayRay makes another 3 pt record & gets hot (i mean going from 32 pts to 2 pts, 0-13 FG and 0-8 3-pt the next game? is that a joke?) and Rondo achieves close to a triple double stats..Paulina and KG are too old to carry the team, not with Artest hounding Wheelchair..Big pressure on the Celts to get a win in Game 4..

#249 ctjcad, Jun 9, 2010
  10. ants

ants Regular Member

Entrepreneur , Modern Nomad
    Go Celtics! :) Ray will be back in game 4. Not a Laker or Celtic Fan.. but certainly want Celtics to win.

11. Qidong

Qidong Regular Member

Waiting to be out-sourced
    Kobe is not at MJ's level not because of his skill. I didn't see MJ missing so many shots at critical moment, and MJ is willing to pass the ball if he's double or triple teamed. Just his forcing the shots (10/29 FG percentage) and not giving the ball to his teammates is hurting the team.

12. extremenanopowe

wow... there will only be one michael jordan. So does one Kobe Bryant. ;)

13. ctjcad

ctjcad Regular Member

..again, like i already mentioned:
    - Air Jordan had different teams makeup than Kobe's championship teams.
    - The competition during the 90s was watered-down.
    - Also, I doubt any team which faced Air Jordan and his championships teams even had half of the Celts' defense or defensive mentality. I mean, Jazz, Suns, Supersonics, Blazers, soon to be broken up Lakers??..that's comparable to the Lakers facing, say, the Raptors or the Magic for the NBA Finals..
    - How about the rest of Kobe's teammates who couldn't throw a pea in the ocean even when they had the rock?

Speaking of Kobe missing so many shots in a Finals game, here's a recap of some of Air Jordan's worst shooting performance in the Finals:
    1. In game four vs. Jazz in 1998 - Jordan looked a grizzled 33 years old in his worst ever finals game. He only shot 6 of 19 from the field and he made 11 of 13 free throws but he did miss both his three attempts.
    2. In game four vs Utah in 1997, the 34 year-old Jordan, tied a personal career finals low with only 22 points. He was 11/27 from the field, and the Bulls lost their second in a row against the Jazz.
    3. In game five in 1998 vs. Utah, Jordan ‘only’ had 28 points in 45 minutes of play and the team lost. He shot an abysmal 9 of 26 from the field and the Bulls just looked lost. Jordan came up with 10 of 11 free throws but added only 4 rebounds, 4 assists and 3 steals.
    4. The first finals game in 1998 kind of showed his age and the Jazz won. Jordan did have an outstanding 33 points but he shot badly with a 13/29 shooting night and 6/8 free throws. He had two blocks but no steals and only two assists with three boards in the loss.
    5. When the Bulls lost to Portland in game four of the 1992 Finals he was kind of off, but his teammates were to blame on a higher level. Jordan contributed with 32 points, but only made 11 of 26 shots from the field. He was a perfect 8 for 8 from the line but only hit 2 of 6 three’s. He did have six assists and five boards in the game but it wasn’t enough.
    6. In the 1996 closer against Seattle (game 6), Jordan won on Father’s Day, and capped off a comeback like no other finishing off a 72-10 season. But in that last game he didn’t put up impressive individual stats…well he did, but just not compared to himself. Jordan had a career Finals low 22 points on 5 of 19 shooting. He did make 11 of 12 from the line and added seven boards but he did have five turnovers.

So, don't worry, just relax...extremenanopower is partly right, Jordan is Jordan, Kobe is Kobe..if Kobe wins 7 NBA titles, then???....;)

#253 ctjcad, Jun 9, 2010
  14. extremenanopowe

ive alway tot kobe can make it 7. Similar attitude with jordan. A new record in the making. Celtic need mchale, parish, bird revival...bring then back. Lol;)

15. demolidor

demolidor Regular Member

#255 demolidor, Jun 13, 2010
    Last edited: Jun 13, 2010
  16. ctjcad

ctjcad Regular Member

i was expecting a 40 pt blowout..

..i might sound a bit of an over-zealous Lakers fan but can i ask the question: what day is the Lakers parade? monday or tuesday?..

some highlights from Game 6:
    Farmar with the hops & throwin' it down vs. KG; Shannon "Don't call me Dee" Brown with the nasty E-L-E-V-A-T-I-O-N throw down (check out the ball bouncin' off Ray-Ray's mug after the selaaam-dunk); the Black Mamba doing his thing; RonRon finally getting it into gear; Lamar finally waking up; Gasol playing like he wants the MVP and the Machine knockin' down the treys..

..Thursday, it's on...and hopefully at the end there won't be another riot when the Lakers repeat..:p:cool:

[video=youtube;kX6sl5eqccc]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=kX6sl5eqccc[/video]

#256 ctjcad, Jun 16, 2010
    Last edited: Jun 16, 2010
  17. ctjcad

ctjcad Regular Member

Another Lakers championship.....another riot..

..dejavu all over again..so embarrassing even with a beefed up police presence..:(:eek:

[video]http://www.cbs2.com/video/?id=137550[/video]

[video]http://abclocal.go.com/kabc/video?id=7505412[/video]

#257 ctjcad, Jun 17, 2010
    Last edited: Jun 17, 2010
  18. ctjcad

ctjcad Regular Member

Three-peat next yr??....

..first off, just want to give a big props and thumbs up to the Celtics for pushing and giving their best shot without Perkins; almost had it...truly worthy opponents!:cool:...

..i missed the game (will try to find time to watch it on youtube:p), only caught the last 2 minutes..must've been one heck of a game for those who watched it...i heard the Lakers were a bit tight in the 1st half, with the Celtics cranking up the D and Kobe forcing some bad shots...but in the 2nd half, esp. in the 4th quarter, i bet it must've been a reminiscent of the 2000 WCF game between the Lakers vs. Blazers when the Lakers rallied to win the game & start their first of the threepeat titles..

..anyway, some highlights of a great game 7:
    After seeing the highlights, RonRon was imo, the MVP of the game, he really came out to play, hit that big shot near the end and deserved his 1st title; DFish, as always, a clutch player; Gasol proving once again he is arguably not Gasoft anymore;); The Machine, cool as ice, hitting the last 2 free-throws; Lamar coming up big in the 2nd half and of course, the Black Mamba for gritting it out one more time, despite the poor shooting, this time with his defense and (15) rebounds.....Like i already mentioned, don't worry and just relax for Kobe..He ain't no Air Jordan, but he has the same competitive fire and heart; he will have his own legacy..

..on to the parade on Monday!:cool:

[video=youtube;Zq_nr4VF_b8]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Zq_nr4VF_b8[/video]

[​IMG]

#258 ctjcad, Jun 17, 2010
    Last edited: Jun 17, 2010
  19. ctjcad

ctjcad Regular Member

Ron-Ron being interviewed after winning his 1st title..

...another video to share, as funny as well: "I came to L.A., not only the tax is horrible..."..:cool:

[video=youtube;uOI3Xr48ESk]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=uOI3Xr48ESk[/video]

#259 ctjcad, Jun 18, 2010
    Last edited: Jun 18, 2010
  20. limsy

limsy Regular Member

kuli
    congrates to lakers
    hehe
    i am their fans^^