Anmol Kharb

Discussion in 'India Professional Players' started by paroxysmal, Feb 17, 2024.

1. paroxysmal

paroxysmal Regular Member

Yes
    Time to have a new thread on Anmol Kharb. Had a lion's share in India's landmark (first ever) Badminton Asia women's title.

Age 17

Someone with a potential to fill the void after Saina and Sindhu.

Sent from my CPH2447 using Tapatalk

2. Baddyforall

Baddyforall Regular Member

Anmol is brave and intelligent: Gopichand
    “I think the result of the two matches is a testimony that she can beat top players. To take the pressure on and show that kind of nerve, it is very refreshing. She is fearless. The kind of strokes that she plays, it all come naturally to her,” Gopichand told PTI.

He spoke about beating Chinese and Japanese 3rd singles players.

“She is reading the game well, you can see her intelligence. She played beautifully. Of course, opponents will read her game in time and that’s where she needs to rework on her mistakes but she has been phenomenal.

“She fought really well and she is naturally brave and intelligent.” Indian women team had a phenomenal run this week, defeating China, Hong Kong and Japan to enter their first-ever final and Gopichand was also gung ho about the performance in the Continental championship.

“To beat China and Japan, I don’t think many teams can say that, so really happy. There is great energy in the dug out and it showed literally during the match.

“Before this tie, if you would have told me that (Nozomi) Okuhara would be beaten and we will make a comeback after Sindhu’s loss, I would have said little chance but it has been a great run so far.

“The match against China was a fantastic win. The morale was high in general. Good to see Gayatri (Gopichand) and Treesa (Jolly) pulling out the match and the way Anmol played it was amazing. Ashmita’s was also a fantastic win.” After PV Sindhu suffered a shock defeat in the opening match, doubles pair of Gayatri Gopichand and Treesa Jolly produced a 21-17 16-21 22-20 win over world no. 6 Nami Matsuyama and Chiharu Shida to bring India back into the five-match rubber.

“Shida and Matsuyama are a top pair, and Treesa and Gayatri had to work hard, it was close and tough match. They have beaten China and Japan in two solid matches. After losing at India Open, to comeback and win, I mean this will do them a lot of good.” India will face Thailand in the summit clash and Gopichand feels the singles matches will be key.

“They have top doubles teams, so doubles will be tough but we have edge in singles and we are again counting on Anmol. So, God willing, we will win tomorrow. It is another tough match.”

Baddie lover and badmuse like this.
  3. Baddyforall

Name: Anmol Kharb
    DOB : Jan 20, 2007
    Place of Birth: Faridabad, Haryana ,INDIA
    Coach : Kusumm Singh
    Academy: sunrise shuttle academy
    Father's Name: Devinder Singh
    Mother's Name: Rajbala

Future of Indian Women's singles will be great. Hope she improve her Senior ranking by participating in international tournaments

#2 Baddyforall, Feb 18, 2024
    Last edited: Feb 23, 2024
    Baddie lover likes this.
  4. badmuse

badmuse Regular Member

Anmol Kharb's low ranking will make it hard for her to participate in international tournaments outside India. Finance will also be an issue as she is not in the TOPS developmental scheme yet. There are other supporting schemes she needs to get to attend tournaments regularly. (minimum 10 internationals per year)

The Uber/Thomas selection trials will be tricky. Good players can mess up like Lakshya Sen fumbled twice and missed Thomas Cup previously and Asian Games. Anmol will need to finish in the top 3 in the trials to make the team.

This was her second international tournament. Her first was an IC in India last year.

Anmol displays a maturity beyond her age and calmness during tense situations. She is good in constructing a rally before going for the final kill shot.

Link: https://indianexpress.com/article/s...b-who-clinched-a-rare-win-over-china-9162230/

https://x.com/OmaGillClark/status/1759134277113991408?s=20

#3 badmuse, Feb 18, 2024
    Last edited: Feb 18, 2024
  5. Baddie lover

Baddie lover Regular Member

Just came to my mind. Anmol in Hindi means exceptional, very precious. She truly defines her name. Thank you Anmol for giving us this historic moment. And may God help you more and more in your future.

6. Cheung

Cheung Moderator

wannabe badminton phototaker
    Is there a small biography about her development as a badminton player?

Where in India does she come from?

which academy does she train at?

7. Baddyforall

Updated in my earlier post

8. badmuse

badmuse Regular Member

9. Baddie lover

Baddie lover Regular Member

Anmol is now a TOPS athlete (Target Olympic Podium). 2028-2032 cycle should be the right time for her. All the best.

badmuse likes this.
  10. Cheung

Cheung Moderator

wannabe badminton phototaker
    Speed skater background is good. Trains fast leg movement.

badmuse likes this.
  11. Baddyforall

badmuse likes this.
  12. Baddyforall

EXCERPTS
    Anmol: Parents are very supportive from the beginning. From the start, when i was learning Skating and then when i started playing Badminton, they told me to select whichever field i am interested in . My brother played badminton when he was young. Later he decided to go for studying.

Interviewer : I heard you wanna become lawyer.

Anmol : Yes. I have taken legal studies in 11 th standard @ Delhi public school. If my badminton did not work out, i will try my hand in legal studies since my father is a lawyer, later i wanna become judge.

#11 Baddyforall, Feb 21, 2024
    Last edited: Feb 21, 2024
    Baddie lover likes this.
  13. Baddyforall

14. Baddyforall

Read more at: https://www.mykhel.com/badminton/do...ehwal-says-her-coach-kusumm-singh-265497.html

'Don't Compare Anmol Kharb With Saina Nehwal,' Says Her Coach Kusumm Singh

"She(Saina Nehwal )has played for so many years and Anmol is mentally very strong, she has a fighting spirit, she is hard-working and intelligent. I think she will do very well. Saina is her ideal, she follows her."

Kusumm Singh, who hails from Alwar, Rajasthan, said she was extremely surprised by Anmol's performance. "I am speechless. I didn't even think about it. I didn't think she would get an opportunity, not only because she is new, but also because there are many good senior and experienced players like Ashmita (Chaliha) and Sindhu (PV). I thought she wouldn't get a chance because all are good players, but she (Anmol) got a chance every time and proved that the selection committee's decision was right."

Kusum also revealed the conversation between Anmol and her before leaving for the Asian Team Championship. "She was excited because she would get a chance to meet senior players like Ashwani (Ponappa) and Sindhu (PV).

"It was her first senior championship tournament, so she looked forward to spending time with them and learning from them. I reminded her that while meeting senior players is important, it's even more crucial to be with them and learn. Therefore, I encouraged her to play well."

Baddie lover likes this.
  15. Baddyforall