All Countries Thomas/Uber Cup Players List

Discussion in 'Thomas Cup / Uber Cup 2014' started by Mr. Epic, May 5, 2014.

1. scorpion1

scorpion1 Regular Member

Exciting one
    Am sorry to say this. Just now checked . Sindhu played michelle in swiss open 2014. Li michelle lost to her again for the second time. But still she lacks something which she has to work hard to beat top players. Even commentator said in the final match of macau open.

Sindhu though had some good records this year, she could not beat saina even for one time. She can't even take 1 set from saina. This itself proves how good saina is . The only problem she has now is her mental weakness. She need to work on that.

2. Mr. Epic

Mr. Epic Regular Member

Student
    Yes Saina also needs to improve her on-court speed. She is playing well but most of the time she cannot reach for the shuttle due to her weight giving way. She also needs to get mentally stronger. She should be able to put behind the string of losses that she's had and start afresh in my opinion. I hope she does well in the Uber Cup. I'm particularly looking forward to her match against Ratchanok Intanon and I hope she can spring up a surprise.

3. renbo

renbo Regular Member

SJH slow? That's a joke!

4. Mr. Epic

Mr. Epic Regular Member

Student
    Images from the Indian Camp training at the Siri fort (host stadium of the TUC 2014) [​IMG][​IMG]

5. Winex West Can

Winex West Can Regular Member

Hi Tech
    Wow! It is kind of sad that the top players of various non-badminton-centric nations are being dissed. Instead of celebrating their successes in bringing the sport into the spotlight, they are being dissed for not being at the same level as the top 10 players in the world. So much for respect and sportsmanship.

I wonder how many of us can even take a game off these players?

6. visor

visor Regular Member

BTW, the "dissing" is not really that, more like critical analysis. And if you notice, they're done by members from the player's home country. :)

7. scorpion1

scorpion1 Regular Member

Exciting one
    "Dissed" is the big word which can't be used here b'coz everybody has their own views. Here , the player who was in the center of discussion is a very good attacking player whose lazy kind of play is really nice to watch. Not really many have the same kind of styles. Still the player need to work on movements in order to tackle top players. I must say that she is better than many players from badminton centric nations. Li Michelle has improved multifold in recent times. We have to praise her guts and "Never say die" attitude which I really like it. I heard from one of canadian player's interview that they are struggling without sponsors. I feel sorry for them especially li michelle b'coz she travels even without coach.

8. scorpion1

scorpion1 Regular Member

Exciting one
    Thanks mr.epic for the pictures. Did you capture it?. Nice

9. TheComedian

TheComedian Regular Member

Badminton Player/Coach
    But, players from non badminton countries need to be compared with the top 10 players. Such as Vietnam or Singapore. Before Ronald Susilo Singapore wasn't a badminton national. Michelle Li is climbing the world ranking list. So, of course, she needs to be compared to best players in the world. and when you compare her to the best, she is SLLLLLOOOOOOWW. Like so slow I have to pinch myself to make sure I didn't pass out lol.

10. Mr. Epic

Mr. Epic Regular Member

Student
    Na, I got them off the players' twitter feeds.

11. Mr. Epic

Mr. Epic Regular Member

Student
    Masthias Boe will have to skip the Thomas Cup. After training yesterday, he felt something odd and after investigation, it was concluded that he needs to undergo surgery for umbilical hernia as soon as possible so as not to aggravate the issue and he will also have to rest for 4-5 weeks after the surgery.

12. kelana

kelana Regular Member

globalresearch.ca
    Mr. Epic, may you please provide the names of the IND players of above pic (post #24)... i just recognize Saina and Sindhu :) TIA

13. Mr. Epic

Mr. Epic Regular Member

Student
    In the first pic, it's Saina Nehwal probably with her coaches and physios.In the second pic, Ashwini Ponappa, Siki Reddy, PV Sindhu. The guy in the pic could be a coach/physio.

14. Toastie

Toastie Regular Member

Is it already official who will play in the first matches? Bet365 already lets you bet on these matches, although they are on sunday. According to them the line-ups are for TC:

Jan O Jorgensen - Yun Hu
    Hans-Kristian Vittinghus - Nan Wei
    Viktor Axelsen - Wing Ki Wong

and

Chong Wei Lee - Srikanth K
    Wei Feng Chong - Kashyap Parupalli
    Daren Liew - Gurusaidutt R.M.V.

Maybe they are just guessing?

15. TheComedian

TheComedian Regular Member

Badminton Player/Coach
    I think India has a real chance to beat Malaysia looking at that line up. What about men's doubles?

16. scorpion1

scorpion1 Regular Member

Exciting one
    3 rd singles would be selected depending upon the performance of the players in the last few months. May be they select sai praneeth or sourabh verma instead of RMV. This is my opinion. The key factor to beat malaysia is to beat them in 2 singles and one doubles.
    And to beat korea is to take 3 singles. It's very tough but not unrealistic. K.srikanth even in age of 19 itself he has beaten sonwonho . His H2H with him is 2-0 in favour of srikanth. Now, it's now in the hands of 2nd and 3rd singles of india to prove their talent against korea.

With germany, its going to be marc vs srikanth. For such a young age, playing 1st singles will add pressure.

I THINK HE IS THE YOUNGEST 1'ST SINGLES PLAYER FOR A COUNTRY IN THIS THOMAS CUP..

some of the first singles players are

1. Chen long

2. Kenichi tago

3. Lee chong wei

4. Tommy sugiarto

5. Marc zweibler

6. Sonwonho

7. Boonsak ponsanna

8. Hu yun

So, srikanth is the youngest of all and with very less experience. But , he has beaten boonsak, hu yun, sonwonho etc. He did not play chen long yet. Hope he does well without getting nervous of meeting experienced top players of other countries.

17. CLELY

CLELY Regular Member

Yup, against KOR Thomas team, IND squad must win all three MS to keep QF chance alive as KOR has clear advantage in two doubles pairs.KOR as a team is really dangerous underdog and serious dark horse to topple the faves, let's see their performance this time.

18. kelana

kelana Regular Member

globalresearch.ca
    Proper ORDER of Naming (differentiating the family and given name)

scorpion1 , there is no such Korean name as Sonwonho :D

it should be SON Wan Ho (the family name is SON)

Following is an appeal to ALL BCers:

Not to be harsh but I wish ALL BCers will pay more attention upon the player' correct name from ALL nations and the correct ORDER of naming, and apply accuracy for showing the decent attention (and perhaps as a way of showing respect to varied cultures; abandoning the ignorance, if any), which segment is the given name, which one is the family name, as well as the correct way to write it down.

Most nations (cultures are more appropriate term here) write down their name as Given name, FAMILY name (e.g. Saina NEHWAL; Boonsak PONSANA; Marc ZWIEBLER; Simon SANTOSO; Vladimir IVANOV; Jan O JORGENSEN; Kenichi TAGO; Muhammad Hafiz HASHIM; etc ).

HOWEVER, those Chinese, Korean, Vietnamese etc write their names as FAMILY name, Given name (as in SON Wan Ho; LEE Chong Wei; NGUYEN Tien Minh; HU Yun; TIAN Houwei; etc).

In case of Singaporean with mixing of Western and Chinese names, the correct format will be Derek WONG Zi Liang (full name) or Derek WONG (shortened one).

I notice BWF and Tournament Software still write down the player names, esp. the Asian, in arbitrary order (showing no consistency), albeit fortunately they indicate correctly the family name (note its capitalization).

Note: capitalization is not a must, it's just a way to help readers alien to the naming practice of the said culture.

#38 kelana, May 14, 2014
    Last edited: May 14, 2014
  19. scorpion1

scorpion1 Regular Member

Exciting one
    lol. It seems like somebody is taking classes here. I don't need to know their family background in order to write their simple name.
    And also, I mis spelled and could not edit due to the ongoing problem in BC. Before giving lectures, I request you to know that there are so many jumbled posts with so many errors by so many BCers here due to the upgraded issue. I already requested administrator to correct the issue. Have you seen it ? . If not, I request you to read it before laughing at others.. ?. I could not edit , could not reply, could not include a link , picture or image, could not use emoticons etc. Everybody will try their best to post neatly and perfectly without any mistakes . But what can they do if they could not edit the posts written by them . Their fault ?. Lol.

20. nokh88

nokh88 Regular Member

Badminton Trainee
    I am one who always make mistakes with my original posts which later requires editing.That's why I seldom post lately.