Alan Kakinami 2023 newest stringing method, AK23 String Pattern

Discussion in 'Badminton Stringing Techniques & Tools' started by kakinami, Oct 20, 2023.

1. kakinami

kakinami Regular Member

I just wanted to start a thread with my name because I love myself, I am #1, of course only to me. I am the best looking and also the most ugliest, the smartest and the dumbest, but one of the best stringers in the world to me. Enough about me. My only real goal is to educate and also learn from other stringers. In reality I believe I am still learning as a stringer and trying different things, I watch videos of other stringers and see creative ways of starting, or different techniques, I have seen the speed weaver, that guy is quick and looks like a quality stringer. @akatsuki2104 making videos and legendary @s_mair videos. Of course @kwun videos teaching knots and other techniques.

This video I wanted to show how I try to conserve from my reels, as a shop owner I didnt care how much I wasted, reels were cheaper than sets and I was pretty stupid. Now as a home stringer with my only income from stringing rackets, no shop ONLY RACKETS, I need to be more frugal and pinch every Yen I can. I kinda explain what I do in the video description but it is basically a Yonex 4 knot pattern starting with 1 piece string. This helps me to only have to use 1 main with my starting clamp as an extender. Starting my crosses the Mark Lawrence method, I should just name it the Lawrence Cross Method, oh yea the way I start my mains will now be called the Yusuki Badminton Starting Method, modified from the Yusuki Tennis Starting Method, Gudgeon Badminton Knots, and maybe the Yonex Aerobite/Aerosonic Finishing Pattern. It is good to have names of things so people know what you are doing. Well here is my video. I hope you enjoy.

I think I will call this the AK23 String pattern, it could consist of 13 racket lengths of string or can cut a set in half, Start by the mains with the Yusuki Badminton Starting method using the Yonex pattern, start your crosses using the Lawrence Cross Method, finish with the Yonex Aerosonic Pattern, and all my finishing knots are Gudgeon Knots. The AK23 String Pattern. 2 reasons for the 23, one of course is it is 2023 and the other is for my friend Kei Kamara, now playing with the Chicago Fire is 1 goal away from tying #2 Landon Donovan for All Time MLS Goal Scorers, his jersey number is 23.

Hoyas, viver, DarthHowie and 2 others like this.
  2. Brunoille

Brunoille Regular Member

23 is also the number of raquets you can string from a reel with your process! :p

aiexrlder and kakinami like this.
  3. Tsangboi69

Tsangboi69 New Member

Quick Question if you don't mind me asking. Why do you skip the cross after the shared hole at the top and work your way down?
    Is this the Yonex Aerobite/Aerosonic Finishing Pattern? And is this better for the racket? Thanks.

kakinami likes this.
  4. kakinami

kakinami Regular Member

I saw a video where Mr. Willis said they started looping down because aerobite was breaking, so they started looping down, I tried it on my racket, I am a terrible player, I really suck but I felt like it had a more solid feel to me. Hitting clears felt a little more crisp to me, again I am no where close to maybe beating a 10 year old beginner, but I liked the way it felt. The Yonex team was going from the last shared hole to the last cross and then go back down to tie on the cross, I just zig zaged it so there is not a long piece going up so it is a modified version of what Yonex stringers do with Aerobite.

Sent from my SC-01L using Tapatalk

Tsangboi69 likes this.
  5. kakinami

kakinami Regular Member

Sorry rewatched the video. He said because he noticed doubles players breaking the string on the knot at higher tensions they reversed the last crosses to tie on a cross.

Tsangboi69 and DarthHowie like this.
  6. SIM YUN KIAT

SIM YUN KIAT Regular Member

Cant wait til year 2047. So you can call it

7. s_mair

s_mair Regular Member

Fear not, I've got 2024 in the bag already.

109671a0-ffa9-4c26-b038-82155590b0dd (Klein).JPG

speCulatius, Alex82 and kakinami like this.
  8. Brunoille

Brunoille Regular Member

"I've never managed to squeeze out more than 22 full sets from a reel." he said! ;)

9. s_mair

s_mair Regular Member

:D

Combination of using 1-piece pattern, moving the tension head as close as possible to the turntable, being very cheap with the string lengths (having to use the starting clamp as extension regularly...) and most likely a pretty generously cut reel by Li-Ning.

kakinami, DarthHowie and speCulatius like this.
  10. aiexrlder

aiexrlder Regular Member

This shouldn't be possible haha

11. kakinami

kakinami Regular Member

I usually get about 23.5 sets from a reel. Maybe 11 and 2 crosses from a mini reel.[​IMG][​IMG][​IMG][​IMG]

ucantseeme and DarthHowie like this.
  12. ucantseeme

ucantseeme Regular Member

Z-Force II
    You guys don't get any 96 holes Forzas or these oversized Olivers, Dunlops or Astecs?

13. kakinami

kakinami Regular Member

Or use a starting clamp as an extender and cut your string short to tie your knots =)

14. s_mair

s_mair Regular Member

Very few, no, no and no. Where (and why?) are your guys getting these freak rackets?

ucantseeme likes this.
  15. ucantseeme

ucantseeme Regular Member

Z-Force II
    I think it is the combination of old farts bought a racket 10-15 years ago and are cheap to buy something new, buyers aim for the 80-90€ mark where the big 3 not compete at or somebody wants to use a snowflake racket that nobody plays and go for the exotic ones (I have a brand nobody knows and nobody also has the racket, I have a gem). It also seems that they purchase at tournaments where small shop covered in dust bring all the shelf warmers and frankly in my region these people buy them because they consult the shop. I also guess that innovated in Denmark, developed in Germany also suggest the clueless ones a better product and maybe shops get a higher profit when they sell them.