AG2006 - Dec 9 - Individual Events Finals.

Discussion in 'Asian Games 2006 - Badminton' started by anfan2000, Dec 8, 2006.

1. saugusli

saugusli Regular Member

Hi All,

Taufik the better player on the world.

Taufik Skill batter than all other players. The Asian Games Individual Single Final 2006, The mentality is better than Lin Dan..

So Notes:
    - If Taufik got motivation, nobody player can beat him.
    - If Taufik no personal and family problems, nobody player can beat him.
    - If taufik can leave the smoking and improve stamina, nobody player can beat him.

In Asean Games Single: Taufik beat Bao C, LCW and Lin Dan... So Fantastic..... He beat the Top Players...

important for him to beat lin dan (the arogant player)...hhhaaaa

so After won, Taufik going to LYB (Lin Dan Head Coach) and hand shake..It is very good attitude....nobody do it before.......It is not arogant.......

2. bic33

bic33 Regular Member

as for me, INA MD like sigit, candra, tony, ricky, rexy, etc.. are the best this world has to offer... they are already legends... i think the next in line are korea's MD.. park joo bong, etc...

3. ctjcad

ctjcad Regular Member

A bit off topic..

..wah, saugusli, quite a few *Ifs* there..;) ..Btw, just curious, abt the comment which i've highlighted in bold, any proof(s) to go along with that??..:confused: :rolleyes: ;)

4. saugusli

saugusli Regular Member

Hi All,

Now, Taufik targets to take All England and Olimpic.... The All Important award got already.. (Asian Games-2times, Olimpic, and World)...

only 2 players got 2times Asian Games Title: Zoa Jian Hua and Taufik Hidayat.

Taufik Hidayat take Asian Games Titles: 2002 and 2006.

I think Taufik Ranking will be good.. Maybe from 11 to 5/6.

5. ck1981

ck1981 Regular Member

Although I am a big fan of Tony, I still think that Chandra/Sigit matches are more exciting to watch. Sigit liked to do a lot of fancy stuff compared to Tony, who is a more steady player.
    There's another good Indo double player called Halim. Anyone recall the AE2001 final where Tony/Halim beated Chandra/Sigit in 3 sets?

6. bic33

bic33 Regular Member

yep.. it was halim heryanto... he is also part of INA's interchangeable, unbeatable MD's...lol

7. Inky2000

Inky2000 Regular Member

Don't forget Moon Soo. In late 1980s & early 1990s, he partnered Joo Bong to become the MD pair to beat in the world. After mid-1990s, he formed THE legendary pair with Kyung Min in the history of the XD (or all doubles) department (did they remain unbeatable for years before they retired)?

8. saugusli

saugusli Regular Member

Yes.. Not only Taufik you know....

Liem Swie King also....smoking..... But both of them the good Players...

not screat again.. In Indonesia, anybody should know about it. Taufik smoking and also his coach...If he do smoking, the stamina will be drop... and stop smoking, his stamina and motivation will be improve more... the his skills is already good....

The skills will be good if the stamina and motivation also good.. Two things must be maintenance..

9. bic33

bic33 Regular Member

sorry inky, how the heck can i forget moon soo??? :p joo bong and moon soo formed korea's strongest MD.. EVER! :D

10. Inky2000

Inky2000 Regular Member

My apology. The XD pair should be Kim Dong Moon + Ra Kyung Min. The XD pair seemed to outshine the MD pair of Tae Kwon/Dong Moon (although they used to be World No.1 MD pair anyway).

11. ctjcad

ctjcad Regular Member

Off topic-I can surely attest, unless they're not telling me the truth..

..i don't know abt Liem Swie King, so no comment from me.
    I'm not "pushing" you to show some proof(s), but to share with you, i had actually asked Taufik's coaches(coach Joko, Richard & Mulyo himself) and his teammates(some of them) specifically on this small issue in last yr's World Championships(yes, i was one of the Liaison Officer for team Indonesia)...;)

Their answers are "NO, he doesn't smoke". I also didn't notice him smoking in any way nor at any time nor smelled any tobacco on him. To add, me and a couple other BC/BF members also had a get-together(took them to dinner prior to the start of the competition) with the INA team last yr during the WC; if you want more infos, you can check/do a search in the 2005 World Championships sub-forum/threads and the Pictures with Players thread. However, you are right though, his coach, Mulyo does smoke as i saw him puffed his cigs a couple of times.
    So, either all of them were not telling the truth to me or he simply doesn't smoke.:rolleyes: ;)

#531 ctjcad, Dec 9, 2006
    Last edited: Dec 9, 2006
  12. jurong_twister

jurong_twister Regular Member

None
    he surely is a heavy smoker. he doesnt know you well to show his true color.

13. chemile

chemile Regular Member

Well, ok lah for this time they played better than the others, or because that Malaysia people have been waiting AG gold medals from many years ago. But, I think Malaysian do not let the euphoria too long. If it is hapenned, it will probably will end for this pair, because I see that KKK/TBH still inconsistent, remain that their poor performance in team event. Congrat for KKK/TBH.

14. Abby飘

Abby飘 Regular Member

Gao Ling is very good.She won three gold medals. I am very happy!!!

15. Inky2000

Inky2000 Regular Member

Of course, KKK/TBH need to work hard. However, it's premature to argue that they are inconsistent. The new pair has only participated in three international competitions and only lost twice in 13 matches that they played. Even the formidable Tony/Chandra is not 100% unbeatable - they were stopped at the quarterfinal stage by Fu/Cai at HK Open this year. During the early stage of their partnership in late 1990s, plenty of pairs used to beat Tony/Chandra (e.g., Soon Kit/Tan Fook [twice], Tan Fook/Wan Wah, Jens/Jesper, Ha/Kim [thrice], Jim/Michael [twice], Dong Soo/Yung Sung, Ricky/Rexy). If KKK/TBH are inconsistent now with the two lost matches in mind, so were Tony/Chandra then.

16. bic33

bic33 Regular Member

i have no comment on this one.. we just have to wait and see.. maybe 5 years?:D

17. zqloy

zqloy Regular Member

Wow u r good man! Can remember precisely whom does Tony/Chandra lost b4 :eek:

18. ctjcad

ctjcad Regular Member

Off topic-I'm only believing...

..what i was told and what i saw...nothing more, nothing less...if they didn't tell me the truth, then so be it...at least i'm not telling some "assumptions"...
    Btw, jurong_twister, again, i'm not "pushing" you, but if you meant what you said, any proof(s) to probably back it up??...:confused: :rolleyes: ;)

19. ctjcad

ctjcad Regular Member

Looking back...

..hmm, i just re-watch the TH vs LD's match, and from my own feeling, it seemed like LD didn't really want to win...Esp. in the 1st set, he was just not aggressive enough, seemed "lazy" to put forth full effort...It's very uncharacteristic of him(with all the unforced errors he made), thruout the game, seemed like LD was just reacting and playing in some "practice session". And esp. the last winning shot to Taufik, it seemed like LD just gave that point easily for him...:confused: :rolleyes: ;)

But what do you all think are the chances all the CHN singles players didn't win in the individual events(ie. XXF, ZN, LD)...It seemed like they just didn't care or don't want to win the individual events. Since it's only an AG and there is/are no money prizes. I know i'm gonna get some criticism(s) for saying this, but I even heard of some silly mumblings that maybe, maybe, just maybe Taufik "paid" LinDan to give him the title....Again, that's just some silly mumblings i've heard...:confused: :rolleyes: :p

20. cooler

cooler Regular Member

Surfing, reading fan mails:D, Dilithium Crystal hu
    yes, your observation concurs with mine.
    i didnt watch the zhang ning match but XXF sure look sluggish, lacks motivation and drive. In additon to my previous comment on why LD lost, LD continue its mistake of inviting net play with TH on the 2nd set.

I think TH made commitment to a AG gold because i have no doubt that TH would had been promised of a 'significant' financial reward for this outcome or else he wouldn't put so much effort into it. Given that all the big guns (xxf, zn, LD, fu/cai) fail to play at their usual standards, i think the chinese players knew they have exceeded previous AG 3 gold with 4 now, and likely with no or insignicant financial reward, and have no bearing on WBF ranking, why go all out on individual event? Hmm, the chinese players, it seem, are not that dumb after all;)

I do not believe the man TH would play this hard for no tangible gain, be it WBF ranking status and/or $$.

#540 cooler, Dec 10, 2006
    Last edited: Dec 10, 2006