AG2006 - Dec 02 Team Event Day 2

Discussion in 'Asian Games 2006 - Badminton' started by hcyong, Dec 1, 2006.

1. badMania

badMania Regular Member

I do agree that at the moment, Sylvinna Kurniawan does look the most promising. The best thing is...she's still a junior :D Even Pia is only 18 yo.

2. nugroho

nugroho Regular Member

Now... INA men team has to fight again against CHN.... is ther any possibility that INA could nail CHN?

3. Felix.

Felix. Regular Member

well, you do have a point there. i do hope she sticks to djarum for at least a year first before moving to pelatnas (rat's hole). the coach can polish her to be much better player than hendrawan (who btw was biased against certain players) and co would ever hope for.

4. badMania

badMania Regular Member

Recaps from the MILO Indonesia Open Junior 2006:
    Sylvinna Kurniawan
    QF bt Aprilia Yuswandari 21-15, 23-21
    SF bt Bellaetrix Manuputty 13-21, 21-18, 21-19
    F bt Pia Zebadiah 21-18, 18-21, 21-16

5. badMania

badMania Regular Member

I don't put much hope in the team event. A bronze is a good enough achievement.

6. Felix.

Felix. Regular Member

almost impossible unless all of their players get injured at some points during the match lmao. does china even ever lose a match in the team competition before?

7. nugroho

nugroho Regular Member

well... actually i still see CHN vs INA as 50-50 as all of their player has the chance to beat each other....
    taufik vs lin dan
    M/H vs C/H
    simon vs CJ
    L/A vs ??
    Sony vs Bao
    all has 50% shance to beat each other... only if INA player play 120 %

8. Felix.

Felix. Regular Member

oh i was referring to the women's team btw. i mean ina women's team is also going to play china if they qualify to the sf, right

the chance to reach sf is very slim though. i do think the third single, pia, would be the crucial tie. i can see firda and lita/natsir or natsir/vita or lita/vita win. if jo is still injured. greysa/vita and lita/natsir would be pretty interestig pairs.

9. Felix.

Felix. Regular Member

:D:D
    sylvinna owns the pelatnas players. ;)

10. Felix.

Felix. Regular Member

i'm not a fan of the men's team but i doubt they are going to win. luluk/alvent ruin the slight chance of the upset even if taufik wins against lindan.

i'm not a fan of taufik but i got to say that this guy has the talents to be the legend (he's prolly one now). spotted him at the nightlife places at least once a week a couple of years ago when i was still in jakarta, but he was still winning left and right at that time. if he put on a little more effort, without a doubt, he can still be the #1 player.

11. Krisna

Krisna Regular Member

General Management
    I met Firdasari a week before she went to Doha. I think she has a sexy smile... :D

12. bananaboy

bananaboy Regular Member

business owner
    I wonder if LYB really wanted to test his 2nd doubles team to find out how the team measure up to Indo's team, so he ordered CJ to simply give away the match... the result is just too shocking to be true.:eek:

13. Sandy

Sandy Regular Member

Nana has beaten Caroline Sorensen as alternate player because of Tine Rasmussen got injury in previous match.
    I agree, she is "golden kid" of Hendrawan, overrated too much. Best rank because of a lot of sent to tournament without good results, best achievement is QF won by W/O. So weird when Hendrawan excused her when lost to Maria in Jakarta Open or lost to Anna Rice in HKG Open :rolleyes: :eek:

Firda is best potential WS among INA WS players, taller and good attacking play. I wacth in Kejurnas against Yuan Kartika, she had much basically weakness in long rally. I guess she got wrong method of training. When she (and Silvy Antarini, Maria Kristin) coached by Ivana Lie, look much promising. I watched her matches in ABC 2003 & UC 2004.

#473 Sandy, Dec 2, 2006
    Last edited: Dec 2, 2006
  14. byelnats

byelnats Regular Member

Well, for now we can celebrate for the women team achievement. Korea comes next. Slimmer chance, but we never say die, do we?

Simon's win is the most unexpected. He must have trained really hard to come this far. The stuff about people saying Chen Jin threw the game away is ********. Chen Jin does not struck me as someone who will throw a match away. As a matter of fact, I don't see any Chinese player with that attitude. They always tries their best and thrash the opponents when they can. I think we should give Simon the credit here. Granted, Simon is not the most consistent player, but he is not shabby when he is in top form. He beat Taufik before in Indonesian Open right after Taufik won the WC 2005. He has the skill, but he is not consistent. However, the second time they meet won't be easy. I will bet my last penny that Chen Jin will study and be well prepared for Simon the second time around.

15. bananaboy

bananaboy Regular Member

business owner
    Claim down... I did write "wonder", so I did not state it as a fact or anything close to that.

It is such a shock that consider Chen Jin recently defeated Taufik, and Simon lost to QBC of China in China open 1st round... whom would have thought that today's result would be such a shocking ending. I watched Simon's match at China open and it was just disappointing, and Chen Jin's match with Taufik showed Chen Jin was top player material.:cool:

I agree that Chen Jin(if he played seriously today) will definitely prepare hard for Simon before their next meeting(if that happens, indo needs to make it to SF)... today's result just blew my mind as I expected Chen Jin simply dominate Simon. Actually i wanted the match between Sony and Bao... too bad.:crying:

However, I do believe my point of LYB wanting to see how his 2nd doubles team measure up, makes sense... as there is still possibility that Fu/Cai may not defeat Kido/Setiwan next time, and 2nd doubles need to come up and play even if Chen Jin wins 2nd singles next time. I am not stating as a fact, just there is a possibility.;)

16. ctjcad

ctjcad Regular Member

?!?!Nova, in place of Luluk??..

...hehe, what's the difference anyway between using Luluk..Are they going to save Luluk's energy for their (possible) rematch vs. CHN in the semis??..I'll say use him up, since he's on the team..:rolleyes: :p ;)

#476 ctjcad, Dec 2, 2006
  17. ctjcad

ctjcad Regular Member

INA vs. CHN Men's group, to be continued...shortly...hopefully..

..well, just finished reading the posts in this thread...
    As some of you have stated, the INA Men's team 2nd place finish was expected...
    Now, after getting their feet wet, they just have to pass the Runner-Up stage for another chance of a rematch vs. CHN...:cool:

just some comments on previous posts:
    ..hmm, indra believes Taufik(and the INA squad) will win..hehe:rolleyes: :p :D ;)

i think indra is off for the weekend...i'm sure we'll hear from him sometimes on Monday(INA time); that is if they win their RU stage...And then, one more time, he will predict Taufik & co. will take down the mighty wall of CHN in the semis..hehe:rolleyes: :p :D ;)

#477 ctjcad, Dec 2, 2006
  18. DoublesPlayer

DoublesPlayer Regular Member

Engineer
    I didn't watch the games between INA vs. CHN, but I doubt that INA played very seriously, I don't like this kind of strategies though. Lius Pongoh was thinking whether they should play all-out against CHN in the group qualification or just do it once in the semifinal. which is more important off course.

19. byelnats

byelnats Regular Member

It's disappointing, but INA is notorious for choosing their opponent. I don't know how serious INA played against China today, but INA had done that several times in the past. They will purposely lose to someone in the group match in order to meet a particular team in the later stage. NOW, I am really sad to say this, but the current INA team has little chance to defeat China in the team event considering how good China's lineup is. There is a chance if they go all out, but it is like 20% chance or even less.

The possibility of INA using Nova makes sense because Luluk is always the weakest link in Luluk/Alvent partnership. INA's coach probably want to pair Nova/Alvent to give them a chance to prepare for the showdown against China.

20. ctjcad

ctjcad Regular Member

..hehe, i know it's an outside possibility, but have both of them played competitively, as a pair, before??..If not, what do you guys think their chances will be??..:rolleyes: :p

#480 ctjcad, Dec 2, 2006