Aeroplane Black, quality degraded or fake?

Discussion in 'Shuttlecock' started by badder, Jun 18, 2012.

1. KB@TB Em

KB@TB Em Regular Member

student
    Does anyone have an idea where to get them from in Europe (Germany) or Asia?
    I got ours from shuttlecock.biz but since 2 months I can´t get in contact with the owner anymore, even though we kinda know him...
    No idea what is wrong.
    Is there an (e-mail) address from the factory itself?

We also have the 3-layered cork shuttles. I can post a picture later.
    They are still the best we ever got (we played Trump 101 before, ~17 € the same with EG1130), so I need to get them.

2. gundamzaku

gundamzaku Regular Member

working professional
    it is already known that the company is cutting cost and that's why they are having the cork made with cork and synthetic material if i remember correctly. from previous posts on this thread alone you will see that it has happened since the last two years if not earlier. playing mostly singles, i find the shuttles still very consistent and the cork only deforms when i play doubles with people who can't make proper contact with the shuttle. i do see that the feathers are better in comparison with victor gold but the cork is not as well made as victor gold.

it's been a long time since i humidify any shuttles but i am guessing if i humidify victor gold shuttles, i can make it last as long as the aeroplane black label. with victor gold at $15usd and aeroplane black label at $19.5usd i think they are both very cost effective shuttles, at least for my games.

3. phansus

phansus New Member

gundamzaku I agree with u that the cork only deforms on doubles games where people cant hit the shuttle properly. quite often I have managed to hit the shuttle totally outta shape, as in flattened after a smash. the black label lasts really long on single games with little deformity though.

btw 19.5usd that's a real bargain, if you dont mind please share with us on where u got it from, thanks mate

4. nosebleed

nosebleed Regular Member

20140419_132616[1].jpg Here is a shot of the YouHe s100 cut in have. It appears it is made out of all cork. I have yet to test the shuttlecock.

#144 nosebleed, Apr 19, 2014
    Last edited: Apr 19, 2014
  5. michael23

michael23 Regular Member

Can anyone provide updates for what Aeroplane Blacks are like now (quality/durability wise) in 2014?

6. dr_lager

dr_lager Regular Member

I think the above comments still hold true. We continue to use tthem, and if steamed are pretty consistent. We play about 75% or more doubles, and I would say they last on average for 1.5 games each. We pay approximately $22 shipped per tube from Shuttlecock101.

#146 dr_lager, Oct 7, 2014
    Last edited: Oct 7, 2014
  7. ssj100

ssj100 Regular Member

Any updates for 2015? The shuttles still lasting on average for 1.5 games?

8. sh_shashi1

sh_shashi1 Regular Member

Student
    Do you import aeroplane or get in Mumbai ? Besides what other brand are available besides RSL, YOnex and Li Ning there ?

9. DEEPTI.ADITYA

DEEPTI.ADITYA New Member

SERVICE
    Hi
    I can send you eg1130 or sg 1130 shuttles in india itself at competitive price. The quality is at par with yonex as 40 shuttles. If interested drop me a message at aditya.deepti@gmail.com
    Regards
    Aditya