[Advice needed] Badminton shoes

Discussion in 'Clothing & Footwear' started by Roy Ling Hang Yew, May 25, 2017.

1. GeeKebs

GeeKebs Regular Member

I would like to recommend Yonex Lin Dan shoes!!! FTW!

Roy Ling Hang Yew likes this.
  2. Cheung

Cheung Moderator

wannabe badminton phototaker
    I think getting a cheaper shoe is ok at first as a new player. You don't really know what you need until you start playing regularly and that means probably more than once a week. You are willing to risk buying an imperfect fitting shoe overseas for a few dollars difference in price. That tells me you are on a tight budget.

If after six months, you tell us you have been playing twice a week, thinking of playing more and entering competitions, then I think investing on upgrading is reasonable.

3. Roy Ling Hang Yew

Roy Ling Hang Yew New Member

Thanks for the information and suggestions.
    I'm currently aiming for cheaper but decent shoes and most importantly affordable one.
    Do you have any nice looking shoes in mind ?
    There's a sales in my country now, SHB65EX older model is like MYR285 , I heard this shoes does not have much cushion, what do you think ? To a beginner maybe no difference right ?

4. Roy Ling Hang Yew

From what I know Yonex LD shoes are expensive haha.
    Do you have any comment on the older model of SHB65EX ? Currently I'm into that.

5. Cheung

Cheung Moderator

IMHO, I don't think shoe technology changes much between different years. I think that shoe is definitely a decent shoe although I have not personally tried it myself. MYR285 sounds pretty reasonable.

6. Roy Ling Hang Yew

Thanks a lot for the comment man.

7. Cheung

Cheung Moderator

No worries :)

I saw sports shoes that are definitely more to do with fashion than sports. Teenagers are willing to spend near MYR 1000 for fashion. That makes badminton shoes very good value for money. LOL

8. GeeKebs

GeeKebs Regular Member

hahahaha! I feel you bro! But regarding the SHB65EX i found something on the internet regarding its technology and features. But I tried using this shoes and I am very happy with it, the cushion, the weight, and it is perfect for the lateral movement and switch of directions.

Double Russel Mesh - Highly breathable open mesh.
    ToughBrid Light - The new ToughBrid Light offers an 11% drop in weight from the previous ToughBrid, while maintaining its cushioning, shape retention and high elasticity.
    Tough Guard III - Extremely durable wear-resistant synthetic leather.
    Power Graphite Lite - A graphite plate placed under the metatarsus for reduced weight as well as stability on landing.
    Lateral Shell - Installed on the outer area of the upper, it prevents sliding at the edge of the sole. It reduces power loss, increases footwork response and creates smooth, fluid and offensive movement.
    Synchro-Fit Insole - Offering extra support around the front of the heel and reducing the gap between the foot and shoe, the Synchro-Fit Insole ensures maximum grip and improves comfort and performance.
    Toe Assist Shape - A toe-centric design that cuts down on pressure in the big toe, as well as offering improved support at the mid-foot and heel for a stable fit. Power loss is reduced, allowing for swift footwork.
    Hexa Grip - For agile and stable footwork, the Hexagrip pattern provides 3% more grip and is 20% lighter than standard sole material.
    Round Sole - The Yonex Round Sole is designed to provide all-round support for quick and smooth footwork. The Round Sole ensures smooth movements and the transfer of maximum energy.

9. Roy Ling Hang Yew

Got your message, if there is size for me i'll definitely going for it ! Thanks !

10. GeeKebs

GeeKebs Regular Member

No worries! Go man!