advice for a newb - Nikon D300s

Discussion in 'Badminton Photography' started by Paul_A, Feb 23, 2010.

1. OneToughBirdie

OneToughBirdie Regular Member

engineer
    That is what DPReview said that there is no sweet spot. The sales expert, who has known us for 20 years, recommends this lens with the Nikon as he says it will best suits our needs. He is a Nikon guy. And he said not having to change lens in the countries we go of dust, etc. Thanks.

2. clinton

clinton Regular Member

sw engineer
    I like the Nikon D90, about the right feel and weight for me. I bought it with
    18-105 kit lens. The 18-105 works well for general purpose most of the time,
    I do wish for longer zoom at times, that's when 18-200 comes in handy.
    One day I may sell the 18-105 and get the 18-200.

I use 50mm 1.8 to take badminton photo/low light and 10-24 mm for group photos and other shots.

I think the only difference between 18-200 VRI and VRII is VRII has zoom lock to prevent the creep.

3. OneToughBirdie

OneToughBirdie Regular Member

engineer
    The difference between 18-200VRI and II is minor. The 18-105VR kit lens has plastic mount and is quite economical. I really am leaning towards the D90/18-200VRII which I think will fill all our needs. Agree with you on the right feel and weight. The cost difference between the D300s/7D vrs D90, I could get an extra lens like macro which I will need for gardening, or a lens for sport photo.