Adjusting Swivel Clamp

Discussion in 'Badminton Stringing Techniques & Tools' started by MoritzKasten, Oct 1, 2023.

1. MoritzKasten

MoritzKasten New Member

Hello,

I recently bought the clamp bases from Pro's Pro (https://www.pros-pro.com/en/zangenbasis-ultimate.html?___SID=S&___from_store=en). Now I have the problem that I can not get them adjusted. Either it does not sit tight or I can hardly move it - to move it goes along the rail, but a rotation is not possible.

Pro's Pro says that the rail thickness should be 0.9 cm, mine is ~0.75 cm. Somehow, though, I don't quite think that's the issue, because I may very well over-tighten so that the lever can't be moved. Also, there is a suspiciously similar looking base at Tennisman (https://www.tennisman.de/en/Other/S...inger-haflautomatic-Clampbase-1-pcs-oxid.html) - this is where I got my machine and rails....

Does anyone have any ideas?

Best regards,
    Moritz

2. akatsuki2104

akatsuki2104 Regular Member

What do you do to ajust the clamps?

3. MoritzKasten

MoritzKasten New Member

I set the pliers base perpendicular to the rail and turn at the back using an Allen wrench.

4. akatsuki2104

akatsuki2104 Regular Member

What I tend to do is first turn the lever in the lock position.. Then I would tighten the 2 screws underneath. And at the end fine tune by adjusting the screw of your base.

5. MoritzKasten

MoritzKasten New Member

I have tried exactly the same, but unfortunately it does not work.

6. MoritzKasten

MoritzKasten New Member

If someone should ever have the same problem: The correct rail thickness is absolutely crucial. Alternatively, you can grind down the bottom part, which is screwed, so that it is at least flat.