Adjusting 1-screw-only side supports

Discussion in 'Badminton Stringing Techniques & Tools' started by bakjoul, Nov 19, 2018.

1. bakjoul

bakjoul Regular Member

Hey guys,

Sorry if it seems so basic but I didn't manage to find a thread mentioning this issue or how to properly set the side supports.

I have a PS8700 where the arms of lateral supports are controlled by the same screw. The thing is that when I want to tighten them (after tightening the 12/6 supports), one of the arm is closer to the the racquet and makes the support touch it before the other, and mess up the alignment of the racquet.

Is there a way I can set the arms to be equally distant?
    Note that the supports orientation are the same on both side. I tried to "play" with it to compensate the issue but it's that good of a solution. The problem is still there. I have more or less the same problem with both side supports.

2. bakjoul

bakjoul Regular Member

So after hours of trying to get it right and trying to unmount the side supports for nothing, I found out that I could solve this by adjusting the towers position.
    Took me a while to realize that there's a bit of play when a tower is not screwed tight and we can move it a little bit.

You can delete this thread if you find it useless (I don't believe I can?). Or leave it for newbies like me who might encounter this issue one day...
    Towers!!

And i would have learned that one screw per arm must be more convenient to avoid this.