Adidas strings 2019

Discussion in 'Badminton String' started by DuckFeet, Oct 25, 2019.

1. speCulatius

speCulatius Regular Member

This. It's not an objective scale, but I'd rate it as medium hard. I love the feeling of fresh BG80 and I just bought a reel of F66 and most people I string for will not use it, so it's mostly for me.

To me, the question would be what you do not like about BG80? If you're looking for a thinner string, I'd say give F66 and G-Tone 5 a try, others will recommend Li Ning No.1....

In theory, you might not expect that when you feel how smooth the F66's coating is, but I agree here 100%. I can highly recommend to give F66 a try when you're curious. It's a string that impressed me.

That being said, @s_mair and me often seem to have the same opinion, but I'm not sure how many other people around here have tried this string yet. Time to change that!

2. Twatical

Twatical New Member

I think it’s time to hop onto the F66 bandwagon.
    You guys did not kid around, my stringer had to do a double take to make sure the string was THAT smooth, I was pretty surprised as well even though I heard it before.
    Sound initially is quite on par with U66, can’t wait to try out this string tomorrow morning!
    Fun fact: My shop had only 1 pack left so I guess we’re not the only ones eager to try Adidas strings. [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

speCulatius and s_mair like this.
  3. s_mair

s_mair Regular Member

Pretty sure he only got a pack for promotion purposes.

Anyways, really curious to hear your thoughts on it.

Oh, and I found a major downside: The missing choice of colours. With only white and yellow existing and only white available from German shops currently, this is quite dull.

Twatical likes this.
  4. speCulatius

Said the guy who stocks all strings in yellow only...

... but seriously, let us know when you have more thoughts on this string (and the other ones you got to review).

More color choices would be nice, though... maybe this fluorescent orange-pink-hybrid adidas likes everywhere else?

5. s_mair

s_mair Regular Member

...those times are gone since I've discovered a thing call "red". :)
    But seriously, I can't even get a reel in yellow atm.

That would be awesome!

6. speCulatius

Fixed that.

PSX_20201026_143322.jpg
    At least in Europe, no reels of A68, white reels of P68 and F66, white and yellow reels of E68.

7. s_mair

s_mair Regular Member

now that is... sad. :(
    And hands down, those RRPs are a joke. Any shop sticking to that recommendation would be selling exactly zero Adidas strings.

8. speCulatius

True and true, but to be fair, that's true for most (all?) RRPs. I think it's 130€ for LN No. 1, 130€ for Aerobite Boost, 120€ for Aerobite, and I think the Victor strings are even above that. I don't know there conditions the shops get, though.

9. Twatical

Twatical New Member

I had a short session this morning with a fresh F66 string on my P8.
    First impression:
    1. Despite it being the smoothest string I have tried, it didn’t move much on the string bed, if not, not at all as far as I could tell. Quite a pleasant surprise given its smoothness. I’m the guy who adjust every single cross and main after each rally and even after stringing so this is fueling my OCD.
    2. The string had less feedback than I would prefer, but felt lively nonetheless. It’s a medium hard string just as Speculatius put it, so having used to the BG80 feedback and feel, I was having a small problem adjusting. Power is there, but still lacking behind just a bit, I feel like I could hit harder with BG80, well, I did increase a pound on the F66 though. Will need to give it another go soon.
    I just reckoned something as well, maybe they advertised the F66 as fast despite having a quite popular .66 gauge because of the “sonic” skin making the string bed smoother through the air. I did notice I was having many mishits than before and reaching the shuttle early or maybe today was not my good day as well.
    First impression is not so bad at all. I liked everything it has to offer, will update soon on the matter after I have a chance to get on court again.
    My stringer used to have yellow, I think, or green. Would love to see more options, of course.

#29 Twatical, Oct 26, 2020
    Last edited: Oct 26, 2020