Adding to Ti-3

Discussion in 'General Forum' started by Byro-Nenium, Feb 20, 2001.

1. Byro-Nenium

Byro-Nenium Regular Member

Undergrad
    I have been using the Fleet Ti-99 for quite a while now and been playing only "so-so" with it. Maybe its the long shaft i'm not used to. But anyway, i decided to switch back to my old Ti-3 that i hated earlier. Now i'm quite happy with it and i'm going to stick to it. Does anyone here know a good racket that can be kept in the same racket back with the Ti-3 that has a similar balance point and traditional length?

Doesn't matter about the make or racket series. Like the Carbonex series or Isometric series.......

thanx for all replies

2. David

David Guest

Try the Yonex Ti 5. Ardy Wiranata was using thios racket when he was the head coach for the US team.Both Ti 3 and Ti 5 is amlmost the same except the Ti 5 is more solid feel when hitting the shuttles. Ti 5 aslo change color this year, it will be a dark gold color instead of burgundy color from last year.

3. cooler

cooler Regular Member

Surfing, reading fan mails:D, Dilithium Crystal hu
    i was surprised to see ardy was using ti 5 in the US open last year.

4. Byro-Nenium

Undergrad
    The Ti-5 used to be Silver and Blue, then Red and silver i think......... Its changing again?

5. David

David Guest

Yes, Cab 23 Tour will also change color. It will be burgundy.

6. Byro-Nenium

Undergrad
    The Carbonex 21 costs 151 singapore dollars..... should it be that expensive?

thats 87 US dollars. Thats expensive compared to other rackets here. Costs even more than the Ti-3. Does anyone know why?

7. Thomas

Thomas Guest

In Malaysia, it's more or less the same as the Ti-3. The older Cab 21 model is definitely cheaper but the newer model costs more.

8. Ricky

Ricky Regular Member

IT
    You don't like your Fleet racquet does not necessarily mean that long shaft racquet is not good for you. I've tried Fleet racquet before and I personally don't think they can be compared with Yonex or Carlton in terms of quality and performance, i.e. honest speaking, I found Fleet racquets quite poor, they only attempt to copy the outlook of Yonex racquets.

If you really want to compare with your Ti-3, you should find something at least at similar level (or above).

9. Byro-Nenium

Undergrad
    I am thats why i asked for some advice. The Fleet racket wasn';t the only racket that i found unsuitable for me. The SBP T-10 as well. Its also an imitation of the Yonex Ti-7. I also couldn't play with the Ti-10 so i switched back to my Ti-3.

10. shaun

shaun Regular Member

Theatre boy!!
    I dont know the specific weight of the Ti-3, but i use a Prince Axis 63 right now and i find it pretty good for power as it is head heavy(cos its a graphite shaft, aluminum frame). this raquet is obviously an older raquet(u can tell by the materials), but because of its aluminum head, it has a high balance point and is good for smashing. if u can still find one, i see them for 39.99 CDN(they used to be over 100 CDN when they were new). I have used a Carlton Air Blade 900 and i like the Prince better because 1)it saves me lots of money 2)the performance it provides me with is the kind i am looking for

11. Byro-Nenium

Undergrad
    The materials that make up the Prince Axis 63 seem to be very similar to the Yonex Cab 8. I have a Cab 8 SP and its an excellent racket. I still use it occasionally but not so much as before. I guess everyone grows out of their old rackets...... Thats why i'm looking for another racket to standby for my Ti-3.