A suggestion for the IBF to establish new regulations on money and points

Discussion in 'General Forum' started by Xu Zhen, Apr 20, 2003.

1. Xu Zhen

Xu Zhen Regular Member

The current regulations on money and points, I think, should be reformed because they have prevented holders who held World Grand Prix or prize money tournaments and other individual ones to hold higher star tournaments.

First, the current regulations don't make every class tournaments' money proportion to their points, i.e. a Men's Singles Champion in a 6 star tournaments which has total prize of U$250,000 just has 540 points, but a Men's Singles Champion in a 1 star tournaments which has total prize of U$30,000 can has 240 points. According to the prize, a 6 star tournament is 8 times as much as 1 star one, but according to the points, a 6 star tournament is only 2 times as much as 1 star one. This means using U$ 8 can buy 2 CD but using U$ 1 can buy 1 CD, how do you think it?

Second, the difference of the prize among 5 events, why not use a same number of prize in every 5 event?

Third, there is prize for top 16 only in men's singles event, but for just top 8 in the others, why not using a same criteria, namely, all for top 16? I think the lower players more depend on the prize from tournaments than top players who can make money from ad. So, I think the IBF should reform the money distribution as follows:

In every event:
    Winner: 5% of total
    Runner-up: 3% of total
    3/4: 2% of total respectively
    5-8:1% of total respectively
    9-16: 0.5% of total respectively
    Total: 20% of total in one event

Fourth, the current 7 star tournaments are only World Championships and Olympics, why not give this privilege to other open tournament? The IBF could regard such (open) tournaments as 7 star ones, which have the total prize of U$300,000 at least. My suggestion on the star class of tournaments by the number of total prize as follows:

B class U$10,000
    A class U$20,000
    1 star U$30,000
    2 star U$50,000
    3 star U$80,000
    4 star U$120,000
    5 star U$170,000
    6 star U$230,000
    7 star U$300,000

Note:

1. IBF World Individual Tournaments such as World Championships & Olympics (regarded as World Individual Tournament that year) etc. should be regarded as 7 star tournaments.

2. ALL Continental individual Tournaments such as Continental Championships & Continental Games(regarded as Continental Individual Tournament that year) etc. should be ALL regarded as 3 star tournaments if no prize, but if having prize, according to the Fourth above.

3. ALL Continental Circuit/satellites Tournaments should be regarded as B Class tournaments if no prize, but if having prize, according to the Fourth above.

4. A Continental Circuit/satellites Tournament should be regarded as 1 star tournament at most by its total prize and if it¡¯s total prize money more than U$50,000, it must be regarded as an OPEN tournament and open for ALL players all around the world.

2. Xu Zhen

Xu Zhen Regular Member

The Chart for above words:

Attached Files: