88 Dial

Discussion in 'Clothing & Footwear' started by Budi, Feb 16, 2022.

1. Budi

Budi Regular Member

Saw people talk about 65Z, Eclipsion, or ComfortZ, but none like talking about 88 Dial.
    Does the shoes are just that bad or there is issue with the Dial thing?

2. John Xina

John Xina Regular Member

Overpriced and heavy are the main criticisms I've read. Personally, I just don't like proprietary lacing systems. Regular laces work just fine and are much cheaper to replace, so I wouldn't spend extra money on shoes where the gimmick is the main selling point. :D

3. Woesi

Woesi Regular Member

Used these shoes for a while and loved the Dial System.

Takes 10 seconds to tie both of your shoes and the mechanism didn't show any sign of failure so far.

But the shoes themself weren't the great: They had good grip but stability and cushioning were way worse from what I am used to from my regular shoes (similar expensive Kawasaki/Victor/Li-Ning) ...

The cushioning also wore down rather quickly...

I do like to wear them on days where I don't play intense games and do stuff like feeding/practicing serves or playing against the weaker players at our club but wouldn't really recommend them...

4. Baddyman#1

Baddyman#1 Regular Member

The 2022 new models of 88 dial looks promising. Revised with new colourways.

5. Budi

Budi Regular Member

Lurking around at BadmintonCN.com lately (glad we had google translate)

found out similar review with your comment.

interestingly Victor seems own the shoes category. For best cushioning or stability most reply will goes toward Victor (mainly P9500, P9200). & Lining still not meet the expectation, many comment still mention slippery sole & not durable clear colored outsole.

But let see if the new 88 Dial had some improvement.

6. The Equaliz3r

The Equaliz3r New Member

I have the older Ash Grey colour and love the design, so different to the usual. I tend to buy true to size, along with cushioned socks and insoles, they are closely fitting, and have good stopping power. Not a big fan of the updated black model but the turquoise one I might get if it becomes more widely available.

7. ma2hacks

ma2hacks New Member

I have the blue/white pair and I found that the outsole was very slippery in the first 15 minutes, but have not noticed grip slippage afterwards.

The dial is nice and convenient. We'll see how these hold up.. I've played about 12 hours in them and in terms of cushioning they don't feel much different from the 65x2 wide that I replaced these with.

I feel that the shoes in this price range are very similar in the play-relevant tech. Fit comes first for me (I have small and very wide feet - 7.5 EEE) and a size 8 fits me comfortably even with an extra pair of socks on.

FWIW I didn't feel the difference of 40 grams between the aerus 3 and the 88 dial... so I could be underplaying the weight factor here.

8. seshu

seshu New Member

Any one used the 88 Dial wide model ? recent one ?
    whats the review ?

also any comparison between 88 dial wide vs kawasaki lacelss version ?