5 GOLDS FOR CHINA? LYB's mission impossible

Discussion in 'Olympics BEIJING 2008' started by sihar, Aug 14, 2008.

1. bananakid

bananakid Regular Member

business owner
    Then the only person who gets to see it is when he looks at the mirror... errr...:confused:

2. huangkwokhau

huangkwokhau Regular Member

sales & design
    Talking about the Mirrors....saw that movie yesterday...quite scary....
    how about the loser has to buy NEW YONEX Racket....?:D

3. anarki21

anarki21 New Member

stundent
    2 golds for china.
    it's enough.
    malaysia, LCW will give u gold.
    and indonesia my beloved country, kido/hendra and maria already give proud and medals for us. Thanks guys, you give great presents for our independent day.
    butet/nova and flandy/vita will follow.
    i believe it.

come on indonesia n malaysia, we can do this. just prove to the world.
    we can beat chinese in their home land
    btw i touched when saw lu lan cried after she lost. maybe she's afriad to face lee yong bo. hahhhaaa.

afterall, OUTSTANDING FOR MARIA KRISTIN YULIANTI.
    THE MOST DOWN TO EARTH PERSON I EVER SEEN.
    WELL DONE GIRL.

4. LazyBuddy

LazyBuddy Regular Member

Engineer
    Even if CHN has 2 gold only, I think they shows enough domination already.

Tell me which nation has representatives in 4 out of 5 finals? Tell me which nation at least 7 or 8 out of 15(G & S for WS, G & B for WD, S for MD, G/S & B for MS, and possible B for XD) medals.

I really don't know what domination means, if they have representatives in 4 out of 5 finals (with a sweep for WS), and already grabed about half gold and half of the medals in a single sport. And they did that with about half of their top tier players even did not come (ZL, WYH, WL, ZTT, CY, CH, ZYW/XZB, etc).

If that's a national celerbration for 1 or 2 G, then getting 7 or 8 medals means "great wall collapse"??? :rolleyes:

In my dictionary, domination means overall strength, but not 1 or 2 individuals. Domination means in all possible events, but not 1 or 2. If a nation captures half of OG medals, getting men's team (TC), women's team (UC), and overall team (SC), and over half medals in WC, still being labeled as "failure" or "end of xxx", then I really don't know what to say.

#144 LazyBuddy, Aug 16, 2008
    Last edited: Aug 16, 2008
  5. LazyBuddy

LazyBuddy Regular Member

Engineer

This is really cold blood. Once an athlete lose a match, you can use it as a joke. That really shows the class. I believe Maria must be very sad, when she got shut out from the final when she lost, should we making fun as well?

Beating CHN on their own homeland? Well, if so count how many gold CHN got in MAS and INA Open then. Oh, by the way, they even captured the entire set of TC, UC and SC on some nation's soil... :rolleyes:

They already proved a lot of things for years. :p

6. huangkwokhau

sales & design
    You misunderstood him.....honestly Alan Y said that it is impossible to beat Chinese players in Beijing this time......;)

7. badadum

badadum Regular Member

If china "only" end up with 2 golds, it'll be considered failure since their target is at least 3. That's what LYB's mandate is and what he's set to accomplished. If the team can't do it, well, dunno what will happen.

8. badadum

badadum Regular Member

If china "only" end up with 2 golds, it'll be considered failure since their target is at least 3. It'll be considered a step back since the 3 gold performance in Athen. That's what LYB's mandate is and what he's set to accomplished. If the team can't do it, well, dunno what will happen.

9. huangkwokhau

sales & design
    Noone disputes about CHN's domination in Badminton....if you think 2 golds are enough for CHN, thats okay...but will CHN badminton accept it as they wanted at least 3 Golds medals? .....you read what LYB said...
    I even said that at least China will 2 but many chinese fans said that it is impossible....you can open the thread created by LBY fans and supported by Alan Y, etc...basically Chinese fans make noise about that....even Alan Y would eat his HAT if China did not deliver more than 3 Golds......
    You know that even some of them make fun of INA players.....:cool:

10. anarki21

anarki21 New Member

stundent
    yes dude,,
    everybody knows that china has dominated badminton for these years.
    but 5 golds ? tell to LYB, it's impossible.
    they still have change in Men single. but LCW will not give it that easy.
    and if they end up with only 2 golds, yes, it'll be considered as failure.

i'm so glad that zheng ning gets the gold. 33 years old. she deserves it.

11. kwun

kwun Administrator

BC Janitor
    everyone have their different standards. what is really mean by success and failure?

success and failure (s/f) can be measure in many many ways, and depending on your measuring method, you will come up with a different evaluation.

you can of course measure s/f by the absolute method. i have 3 gold, you have 1. i am more successful. that is the most simple method. but that is not what most people use to measure success.

most people put in the expectation factor in it also. nation A is very good and everyone expect them to earn 3 gold, if any less, then they have failed. nation B however is only mediocore, if they earn a bronze, that will be awesome achievement.

look at Singapore, Singapore is celebrating because they have earned at least ONE silver medal. Singapore hasn't earned a medal since 1960 Olympics. HK a few years ago was celebrating for earning one Gold medal. no one expected any medals so this one was total surprise.

other places also use expectation to measure success. the stock market, many many traded company earns millions or even hundreds of millions $ every quarter, their success is however guaged by the analysts' expected earning. even though they earned millions, they might have considered to have a failure quarter.

so whether it would be a success or failure if China earn / didn't earn 3 gold, will be up to your measure standard for success and failure.

12. SpursIndonesia

SpursIndonesia Regular Member

Agreed, anything short of 3 gold medals, it can be deemed as a total failure for them, fact that LYB already said so, and China NT overall strength & domination in Badminton for the last decade.

13. Krisna

Krisna Regular Member

General Management
    For Maria Kristin, a virtual unknown before 2008 and still ranked #21 today, getting an Olympic Bronze medal is a BIG success!!! :D

14. cooler

cooler Regular Member

Surfing, reading fan mails:D, Dilithium Crystal hu
    it's a krisna's success too!!;)

15. FuWang

FuWang Regular Member

In my opinion, success can't be rate just based on how many gold that they reach.... But the success can be measured by each of the palyers, such as China palyers who last Olym had failed before semifinals, but this Olym They haved reach to semifinal (at least) and final....... I think that can't be called failure because they have improved a lot, too.... Even They didn't get the gold....

16. Krisna

Krisna Regular Member

General Management
    As someone who have watched Maria grew up and hone her skills for 10+ years [since she was 12]... I feel pretty good, actually. :) I also manage my expectations lah. Gold and silver was just out of reach. Bronze is the 'fair' target to reach... :eek: [at this time]... ;)

17. Jagdpanther

Jagdpanther Regular Member

Uni Student
    INA ruined CHN's crusade twice, in XD and MD.
    Can MAS follow the step?

18. green ham

green ham Regular Member

Seeing as this thread turned into a China vs Rest of the World thread...

China 3 - 2 Rotw

Total Medals: China 8 - 7 Rotw

gg ^^

19. cooler

cooler Regular Member

yes, INA has excellent MD pedigree. China got closer and closer in each olympic, maybe we will get lucky in 2012.:D

20. cooler

cooler Regular Member

Nod. I wasn't been sarcastic, u deserve credit for turning INA WS around. I can truly say Maria made the most improvement in WS of any countries. Her bronze wasn't luck or fluke. Maria did dented the china wall a bit.

#160 cooler, Aug 17, 2008
    Last edited: Aug 17, 2008