3D Calibar 900 vs 3D Calibar 600 vs 3D Calibar 300

Discussion in 'Racket Recommendation / Comparison' started by Manak, Jun 27, 2020.

1. Manak

Manak New Member

I've been searching the interwebs a ton, and can't find any real description of the difference between these, other than the weird description about the "grade" of the racket (That I've quoted below).

"
    The 3D Caliber Technology Platform uses a 3-digit numbering system. The first digit determines the grade of the racket as follows:
    • If the first digit is 1, 2, or 3, the racket is suitable for beginners.
    • If the first digit is 4, 5, or 6, the racket is suitable for intermediate players.
    • If the first digit is 7, 8, or 9, the racket is suitable for advanced players.
    "

What does a different grade mean? What is the actual difference between the rackets that causes a different grade?

2. Budi

Budi Regular Member

Normally the lower end will be much friendlier than high end as low end tend to be much more flex while high end would be stiffer or some of it are very very stiff (namely ZF). Other feature like higher end material like Nanometric, Namd, Black Micro Core on Yonex or Pyrofil on Victor only available on high end one. Not sure if the material really give some performance boost or it just a gimmic marketing stuff, but if you are able to handle the stiffness then it will perform really good.

And i think Lining try to provide player a wide option of racket to choose with all different spec combination, but i think its way to much & it end up confusing instead to be helpfull.