21-0

Discussion in 'General Forum' started by ants, Jan 7, 2006.

1. shooting stroke

shooting stroke Regular Member

Professional / Badminton Coach
    Absolutely. Playing against an opponent, in a tournament and to win 21-0/21-0 as stated requires the most highest level of control and it is indeed a up most difficult task especially during the period of 42 rallies.

2. Beta2k

Beta2k Regular Member

3. LD rules!

LD rules! Regular Member

4. jamesd20

jamesd20 Moderator

Construction
    Higher level maybe, but for 21-0 difference in level is the most important. You also need to be a very consistent player.

5. Beta2k

Beta2k Regular Member

6. drew tze en

drew tze en Regular Member

I have beaten someone 21-2...

7. faha3

faha3 Regular Member

I got beaten by a better pair (me n my partner only a average player) 21-2, 21-3 4 the first meet. All my points came from their serves error. Its quite embarrassing but we determined to keep on playing. The 2nd match we lost 21-5, 21-6 (little improvement). We keep repeating the match week after week.We keep improving match after match. The first 2 weeks we lost under 10 points. 3rd week we lost under 15 points. By the 4th week we determined to at least closing the gap but surprisingly we won. It was a hard fought battle n we won by a margin of 2 point 22-20, 18-20, 25-23. After that match we never look back again. Now the record stands at 7-5 favour to us.What we have learned here is losing badly doesnt mean u not a good player. Think positive n set the opponents as the standard. Just dont give up n keep on playing. Now i realized that i played much better against stronger opponent. As 4 the lesser opponent, i make them as a practise match n dont care if i losing that match. Losing badly does make u a better player.

8. OhSearsTower

OhSearsTower Regular Member

9. OhSearsTower

coach lee jae bok says its a matter of respect to play 100% at all times, in that sense your 21-0 is completely the right approach

before i saw his attitude i would have thought that it is a little mean or not good sportsmanship to shot the weak opponent out of the gym but i adopted coach lees approach and play 100% no matter the standings now too

i never made it close to 21-0 however :D

expecially in a league match I would strive to make a 21-0 if there was a possibility to! :D:D

10. Staiger1

Staiger1 Regular Member

Fashion designer
    Against weaker players /pairs , I will play the match so I can use and experiance my other weaker shots and try to improve those and gain abit more belief after performing those shots and hitting winners. I would usuallyjust walk to the backhand side and perform smash, reverse drop, cross-court drops and crosscourt clear. all wih backhand and on the forehand side I will avoid to smash and tried to improve my drop shots . I am not for playing 100% at all time , otherwise there is no match practice in performing and improving your weaker areas. When I am 15 points in front I will start performing trick shots and high risk shots until I win the match or stopped when they get within 10 points. Sometimes , you just need to use those shots ,otherwise whats the point of learning them ,

11. OhSearsTower

lee jae bok says its disrespectful to do exactly that...toying around with your opponent..trying things you cannot do / are not (yet) capable of

but i see your point and it also makes sense

personally i do not improve at all when i do not play 100%, giving my best is automatic improvement of weaker areas..but it is hard to improve against weaker opponents anyway...still possible to improve consistency

im also not the trickshot guy anyway..i try to improve basics more and more and more and more..- i struggle with basics enough respectively

i played against the best player of our club today in a short singles, i asked him when he went to a break so i was wondering how he is gonna play..to my pleasent surprise i felt like he played absolutely serious which gave me the possibility to also step up although i wasnt able to even reach the 10pt mark :)

#91 OhSearsTower, Apr 16, 2012
    Last edited: Apr 16, 2012
  12. Staiger1

Staiger1 Regular Member

Fashion designer
    It is not things I can not do , it is those shots that I would not consider to use in a close match . I am not toying around with them, I dont see how being lazy/fancy and uses my backhand more often would insult my opponents , and is no point smashing at them as they might find it more insulting. I remembered when I was young , one of my coach was smashing the shuttles hard at about 140mph + when I played him in matches (practice), there was no chance I was going to return them so I was shell-shocked . At that time , I was playing at junior level so I did not come across smashes at that speed before ;

my point is , is best to play down to their level , so the weaker opponent would have a more competitive game and not demoralize them completely.

P.s. ,those shots I mentioned , I can perform them but they are not consistent as I like , therefore the only chance to improve them is when playing with weaker players ; as you say ; it is hard to improve the aspect of your game when playing with weaker opposition, so dont waste that time-------------and get to practice your shots

and winning is winning so it does not matter if you win by 21-0 or 22-20 as long as you get the job done !

I like coach Lee, but this is something that I dont agree with him

13. Cloud7z

Cloud7z Regular Member

My coach once beat me 21-4. And he wan't trying...and only one point was me hitting a winner...

14. logicaler

logicaler Regular Member

Student
  15. drew tze en

drew tze en Regular Member

16. msitpro

msitpro Regular Member

IT consultant
    My best so far is a 21-1 first game win in a local league 1st division mens match. :/

Best part was it was against the son of one of my team-mates :D