2022 TotalEnergies BWF WORLD Championships : R/64-FINAL (22-28 August)

Discussion in '2022 Tournaments' started by CLELY, Aug 21, 2022.

1. Hassefar60

Hassefar60 Regular Member

Yes.. I just said it. Domination = weak competition.

But we have been spoiled by a very long period with LD and LCW. Where was the competition when LD and LCW reigned? They just provided competition for each other. Remove either of them and you would have said the same about their period. At least up until CL turned up.

badliker likes this.
  2. thiwul

thiwul Regular Member

md is 10x more exciting than ws. i don't care watching ws

[​IMG] [​IMG]

3. badliker

badliker Regular Member

not really, but it's more spread out. It's not just Lin Dan and Lee Chong Wei anymore. It feels like we have 25 players who are actually capable of taking a title whenever Viktor isn't competing. Viktor is 1-2 levels above everyone else at the moment, but he's basically the only player who's that

4. Cunning Linguist

Cunning Linguist Regular Member

It feels more like there are 25 incapable of taking a title.

5. Rob3rt

Rob3rt Regular Member

VA doesn't have the same level of skill as LD or LCW in their prime and he is still able to dominate the others. Tell me how that doesn't prove my point?

Justin L and skhai91 like this.
  6. Baddie lover

Baddie lover Regular Member

I saw some glimpses of younger Satwik today. Smash had some sting and depth. I wish to see them cutting loose on their UE coz MD is ruthless. The pace, everything. Good luck to them.

Ps: Handsome lag raha hu na dp mei :cool:

7. Baddie lover

Baddie lover Regular Member

Be cautious with bets here ;)

8. Yoji

Yoji Regular Member

Will Hendra be the oldest Finalist in WorldChamp history if he wins tomorrow (if not already?)

9. Yoji

Yoji Regular Member

haha yes its v tough. If me, i’d go with lots of underdogs. Thai WD @3ish might create history/ AhsanHendra / MayuWakana / ASY.

Axelsen priced @1.04 is lol while TTY vs CYF is 50:50 battle.

10. Samuel Kirk

Samuel Kirk Regular Member

Mabalacat City, Province of Pampanga, Philippines
    i swear to god Ive never seen akane yamaguchi celebrated for a point or match won. his face is emotionless.

11. om patel

om patel Regular Member

She seemed super annoyed of mirin but kept a straight face the whole match without an single expression .

12. S Chandrasekhar

S Chandrasekhar Regular Member

"UE" means? Satwik always had a good smash. It's just that he didn't use it to full effect earlier. He was relentlessly attacking today though and that is good for our team. Gold chaahiye bhai is baar. Can't keep loosing opportunities. Yeh log gold ke baad 10 tournaments sleep mode mein chale jaayenge :D :D :D

P.S: Haan bhai, bahoot handsome :) :)

Baddie lover likes this.
  13. CLELY

CLELY Regular Member

Three men's singles players describe joyful expression and heartwarming moment as they have secured medal for the first time in badminton top flight event. Match of the day goes to Chou TC who grabbed seven straight points leaving Christie to swallow painful memory, once again it's about mental war in big stage, the tenacious Taiwanese created the unexpected turnaround in crucial stages. The unseeded Zhao JP who halted in quarterfinal by Lakshya Sen in Huelva did fantastic job this time to outlast another Indian representative Prannoy, his quick movement to move forward and intercept the rally was on point to kill the shuttlecock occasionally. The Chinese will challenge next generation star Vitidsarn, the grinding typical Thai youngster who vanquishes defending champion Loh KY as the Singaporean shortages of idea and tactic and to trouble three-time World Junior Champion. The blockbuster clash which supposed to be intriguing showdown went to one sided affairs, Ginting displayed miserable feat, totally out of shape, awry and frustrated to answer the undisputed dominant figure, Axelsen. On paper, the near invincible Dane is getting closer to recapture gold medal here based on the stats against other semifinalists.

Current top-four world rank advance in women's singles semis contest, Yamaguchi tames the comeback Marin through neat and steady play, excellent court coverage to balance her aggressive and fast opponent. An SY almost did blunder at the brink of victory as Han Y chasing the shuttlecock diligently to tire Korean rival despite her gesture indicated fatigue signs but didn't succeed at the end. A mouth watering clash as predicted at bottom half of draw, Chen YF presents modest performance how she beat Michelle Li, so many uncharacteristic errors than normal meticulous game by the Olympic Champ, it's unknown whether the Chinese saved her best agaist formidable opposition Tai TY tomorrow.
    • Indonesia last hope to clinch gold medal will rely on men's doubles, Alfian/Ardianto needs to prove consistency prior to world meet as they relatively have no serious problem en route to semifinal. History has been made by Rankireddy/Shetty to be first-ever India world championships medalist in this category, thanks to their scintillating attacking play to dethrone last year champions Hoki/Kobayashi in three games.
    • Both Matsumoto/Nagahara and Chen QC/Jia YF seek third world champion crown, rematch of last year semifinal, the Chinese duo have the upper hand and looking good for gold medal match reiteration. The reunited Thai pair Supajirakul/Taerattanachai offer noteworthy performance to beat Zhang/Zheng and pocketing medal, something undetectable at the beginning of this tournament.
    • German sensations Lamsfuss/Lohau continue to derail more favoured combination to reach breakthrough, they edge out HKG lefthanders Tang/Tse in very tight encounter as the match went down to the wire, it's been a while for European pair to snatch World Championships medal since The Adcocks did it five years ago in Glasgow. They find home favourites Watanabe/Higashino to overcome to book a place in final where the Chinese strong contender will await.

14. ChildrenOfBadminton

ChildrenOfBadminton Regular Member

MD and WS are the best categories imo

15. nokh88

nokh88 Regular Member

Badminton Trainee
    Until and unless he plays VA.
    VA was unplayable against AG.

16. smikey

smikey Regular Member

So frustrating there is no YouTube streaming here in the US. All I see are very much delayed highlights by Yonex. I read about VPN but which one is safe?

17. nokh88

nokh88 Regular Member

Badminton Trainee
    I noticed they didn't change the shuttle from 17 or 18 points to 22-20. Both players were concentrating so much on the match.

But again, great comeback by CTC.

18. nokh88

nokh88 Regular Member

Badminton Trainee
    I always support them. Sad that they lost today. Don't think they will have a better chance in coming editions.

19. nokh88

nokh88 Regular Member

Badminton Trainee
    Maybe she can go independent. :D

20. nokh88

nokh88 Regular Member

Badminton Trainee
    I saw that too.