2016 Yonex GERMAN Open GP Gold : Entry List & DRAW

Discussion in 'German / All England / Swiss Open 2016' started by CLELY, Jan 30, 2016.

1. CLELY

CLELY Regular Member

M/Q Reports version 1 (29th January 2016) => http://bwfcorporate.com/documents/?type=tournament_attachments&id=2215

DRAW date : 9th February 2016

It's strong line-up for GP Gold level, defending champion Jan O Jorgensen, two-time Olympic Champion Lin Dan, Danish rising star Viktor Axelsen, two-time World Champion Carolina Marin, reigning Olympic Champion Li Xuerui, world number one Lee YD/Yoo YS, 2014 Asian Games Gold medalist Polii/Maheswari, newly-crowned Dubai SS Finals champion Adcock/Adcock have been registered to take part here.

2. s_mair

s_mair Regular Member

Wow... what a line-up! I just hope that the Swiss Open GPG will come close to that since I already have ordered tickets for the finals there. :cool:

3. renbo

renbo Regular Member

Does WSX is in?

4. phihag

phihag Regular Member

Yes, she is listed in the M&Q report. Especially the singles disciplines are quite competitive, with only two Germans qualifying in each, and nearly 30 reserve entries.

5. Nine Tailed Fox

Nine Tailed Fox Regular Member

Draw is out :

Lin Dan's route to glory:

R64 : Rasmus Fladberg
    R32 : B.Sai Praneeth
    R16 : Rajeev Ouseph
    QF: Tommy Sugiarto
    Semi Final : Viktor Axelsen
    Final : Jan O Jorgensen

~ Fox

6. paroxysmal

paroxysmal Regular Member

Yes
    I have a feeling it will be tough. Every player he faces is a potential beater on LD's bad day except Fladberg, about whom I dont know much.

7. CLELY

CLELY Regular Member

8. abedeng

abedeng Regular Member

Occupying Tall Buildings
    I predict LD would be out by QF - only to bounce back and win the All-England the following week ...... Sugiarto, Axelsen and Jorgensen could best him even on his good day. Unless LD is supremely focused, like in major events.

9. Sundis

Sundis Regular Member

Watching and playing badminton
    I remember how focused LD (not) was when he lost to Jorgensen in the last major event.

10. ngkt67

ngkt67 Regular Member

see the draw, the MAS players seem very hard to survive in first round R32... thanks to their world ranking, they have to face all the higher rank (stronger) opponents...

11. Baddyforall

Baddyforall Regular Member

One thing i came to know that you have the capability of converting negative effects into positive effect by talking negatively. Whenever you said this statement, atleast one of your country player reached the next round.

#11 Baddyforall, Feb 10, 2016
    Last edited: Feb 10, 2016
  12. nilesh123

nilesh123 Regular Member

student
    Agreed I said the same way back! How about starting the same bro :D
    KS looked extremely good in BAC (except his pressure succumb in late g2 against Tommy) and even in SM GPG and MAS(except the g2 against Iskandar) he has good chances in this tourney too!! If everything goes well KS will cross battle CTC/HY (both of them are in good form undoubtedly) in QF and then IF he passes the test it's JOJ in the SF..
    What do you say? A QF/SF or finale?
    PVS is as always unlucky enough to run into WSX in QF!! She showed quite good signs though also WSX faltered against NO(although that's a lot diff scenario)
    What do u say a QF/SF(against CM)

13. nilesh123

nilesh123 Regular Member

student
    Hmm Ouseph can make you tired, Tommy is on fire he may take of a set from the Master Dan and maybe with his already tired legs and fitness issues a nightmare SF!! What do u say! Although I bet if he success in the 'VA TEST' he is gonna crush JOJ(or any other player)in the finals
    PS: VA has Wei Nan enroute his battle against LD! And I am sure none of the players can take Wei Nan for "GRANTED"! As well JOJ has CTC/KS in between

14. Nine Tailed Fox

Just want Lin Dan to play his best.Any result would be welcomed.The real 'Goal' for LD is Thomas Cup and then,'Mission Impossible 3'.Everything else is journey to the destination.

Cheers

~Fox~

P.S : BWF doesn't want LD to win more,hence these rigged draws are getting tougher and tougher.

15. nilesh123

nilesh123 Regular Member

student
    ^ Couldn't help laughing at the last paragraph! :D
    Yeah, probably well as much as I want KS to perform well in the OG this year if LD manages to win it for the third time I would be equally happy! Although I can't agree anymore about he "don't care" stuff anyways every individuals has his conception and opinions

16. phihag

phihag Regular Member

Do you have any evidence for that accusation? I don't even think that the Lin Dan's draw is particularly hard when compared to, say, Jan Ø. Jørgensen's.

If we look at the raw seedings,

[1] JOJ 15 5 4 2 ∑26
    [2] LD 13 7 3 1 ∑24
    [3] VA 10 8 2 1 ∑21
    [4] CTC 9 6 1 2 ∑18

(JOJ = Jan Ø. Jørgensen, LD = Lin Dan, VA = Viktor Axelsen, CTC = Chou Tien Chen)

Removing the opponents predetermined by the player's own seeding Jan Ø. Jørgensen seems to have even slightly harder opponents (seeds 15 and 5) than Lin Dan (13 and 7). So looking at the raw numbers, the distribution seems perfectly fine, and the opponents in fact a tiny bit easier for Lin Dan.

17. Nine Tailed Fox

Jan O Jorgensen's path to finale:

First Round: ZLDW
    2nd Round : HK Vittinghus
    3rd Round : Lee Dong Keun
    QF : Tian Houwei
    SF : Chou Tien Chen

After getting 3 Pigeons in the first three round,the first decent player he meets(in the Quarter Finals) is THW(LD won't mind him even in the first round)...whereas LD meets Sugiarto in QF.....I am absolutely 100% sure,Sugiarto can knock JOJ out of the tournament.....Evidence = The way Sugiarto thrashed Jorgensen in his own Denmark........And don't even start on Viktor Axelsen.......No way on the Mother Earth can JOJ even touch him........Give LD JOJ's draw and he will accept it all day long..............Rankings are as useless as it gets.

Hope it helps.

18. phihag

phihag Regular Member

Even assuming that the rankings are totally incorrect (which I highly doubt - they just reward consistent results more than head-to-head ones, and may therefore be not as intuitive), in order for BWF to rig this the way you describe (for example match up Viktor Axelsen and Lin Dan in the semi-final instead of the final), they would have to be malicious to Lin Dan, and have known the future results when they last changed the ranking system. The last significant change to the ranking system dates back to 2014. Therefore, I find your theory rather implausible.

I rather doubt that. If you exclude predicting the opposite, the rankings that are as useless as it gets would predict the correct winner in half of the cases. Looking only at matches where two seeded players played against each other in the three most recent GPG tournaments, the rankings were right about 65%, 90%, 80% of the time, with variation seemingly correlating with the number of top-level players. Given the strong field at this tournament, I would be very surprised to see anything lower than 70% (75% if > 5 places apart).

19. renbo

renbo Regular Member

Tian Houwei is a good player, at Tommy's level, and has beaten SK many times. Vittinghus is also a capable player, but it depends on his form, he can be easy game also.

20. CLELY

CLELY Regular Member

MI 3 = Olympic Gold hat-trick in Rio :D I believe LD will show off his real form in Thomas Cup since CHN will host this major event like his superior performance in 2015 Sudirman Cup episode.