2016 Yonex DENMARK SS Premier - Entry List & DRAW

Discussion in 'Dutch Open / Denmark Open 2016' started by CLELY, Sep 13, 2016.

1. CLELY

CLELY Regular Member

[​IMG]
    M/Q Report version 1 (updated 9th September 2016) => http://system.bwfbadminton.com/uplo... 1 (Updated Friday, 09th September 2016).xlsx

Men's Singles top-10 have been registered here as Lin Dan and newly-crowned Olympic Champion Chen Long will be back in action. In women's singles discipline China only brings Sun Yu and He Bingjiao in the absence of defending champion Li Xuerui, two-time winner Wang Yihan and Wang Shixian.

We'll see some new experimenting pairs post Rio OG : Liu Cheng/Zhang Nan, Fu Haifeng/Xu Chen, Mohammad Ahsan/Berry Angriawan, Hendra Setiawan/Rian Agung Saputro, Kim Gi Jung/Choi Sol Gyu, Ma Jin/Zhong Qianxin, Li Junhui/Bao Yixin.

visor likes this.
  2. renbo

renbo Regular Member

Fu HF and XC? I wonder what is the rational behind... Two big smashers together??? I wonder why he does not continue with ZN?
    It is nice to see that Setiawan goes on, but I wonder if he can find someone better then Ashan?
    It is very nice to see MJ in WD, I prefer to see her in that discipline where she is less passive.

3. Justin L

Justin L Regular Member

Xue Song not playing, probably needs more time to be match fit.

Fu Haifeng/Xu Chen, I think it's a waste of time as both are due for retirement soon. Perhaps the intention is to develop Xu Chen's front court play or help him to become an all-rounder before they reform new partnerships. I'd rather they each partner a younger player to mentor them.

4. Nine Tailed Fox

Nine Tailed Fox Regular Member

Breaking News and Latest News

Lin Dan out of 2016.

Chen Long's return to action in China in Major doubts.

Friend @tbgoh288 .

5. CLELY

CLELY Regular Member

DRAW as released yesterday => http://system.bwfbadminton.com/uploads/2016/09/27/Denmark Open SSP - DRAW (Updated Tuesday, 27th September 2016).xlsx

Top-seed Lee Chong Wei will find tricky opening test, Wei Nan, the man who beat the world number one in their last two meetings, another three seeded players join Lee at top-half of draw, Chou Tien Chen, Tian Houwei and Englishman Rajiv Ouseph. Two home favourites Jorgensen and Axelsen are drawn with Son Wan Ho and Angus Ng Ka Long.

The Olympic Champion, Carolina Marin has qualifier as first hurdle, she's slated to meet Sun Yu at last eight. Okuhara and Yamaguchi once again are scripted to face off in quarterfinal. On the opposite draw, Ratchanok Intanon, Tai Tzu Ying, P.V. Sindhu and Sung Ji Hyun fill the remaining four seedings in WS category. An intriguing opening clash will pit Rio silver medalist Sindhu against Chinese rising star He Bingjiao.

6. Justin L

Justin L Regular Member

Lin Dan's absence I can understand but, Chen Long ? Something's brewing for Chen Long, not sure what it is, hopefully it's great news.

I mean it has to be something big and important enough to make Chen Long skip three Superseries tournaments in a row, lose hefty ranking points and pay the fines as well.

#6 Justin L, Sep 28, 2016
    Last edited: Sep 28, 2016
  7. Justin L

Justin L Regular Member

Good, Sun Yu and Carolina Marin in the same quadrant 1, slated to meet in the QFs. Can't wait for it.

8. Justin L

Justin L Regular Member

For the third Superseries in a row, He Bingjiao and Intanon Ratchanok are drawn in the same Quadrant (4). That's luck of the draw for you.

But He Bingjiao has to get past P V Sindhu first in the opening round before setting up a quarterfinal clash with Intanon.

9. Justin L

Justin L Regular Member

In CHN XD, Bao Yixin is paired with Li Junhui instead of her regular partner Liu Cheng.

10. Justin L

Justin L Regular Member

Indeed, a challenging start to the premier event for LCW to have Mr Rocket,Wei Nan, such a tricky proposition, standing in his way.

11. zhuangcorp

zhuangcorp Regular Member

Bao Yixin/Li Junhui is a very interesting new partnership. They could be very good together.
    But why is Zhang Nan left out of the XD? Surely he could partner with anybody.

Zhang Nan/Liu Cheng is also an interesting new partnership.

12. zhuangcorp

I personally think Zhang Nan/Zheng Siwei would be an unbeatable combination.

13. Justin L

Justin L Regular Member

Zhang Nan has said he still wants to do double duty in MD and XD. His partnership with Liu Cheng should be very promising as Liu Cheng is also showing good potential with the gifted youngster Zheng Siwei.

I think CBA wants to try out ZN with LC first as the latter is more experienced than the young up-and-comer ZSW. They could be thinking that a sufficiently experienced partner to replace Fu Haifeng is preferable in order to take on the best in the world while waiting for ZSW to gain in experience over time. But I won't be the least bit surprised if they later try out ZN with ZSW esp if LC doesn't match up very well.

I too think highly of the Bao Yixin/Li Junhui combination as BYX/Liu Cheng partnership has been tried out and wasn't really top-notch. That doesn't mean Liu Cheng won't make a very good XD partner, it's just that CBA wants to reshuffle them about to find the best mix.

Probably, Zhang Nan is also waiting for the right partner in XD and for a start he's trying a new MD partner first, and the XD lady partner will come later I think so as not to overstretch him immediately. I believe Zhang Nan's XD partnership, whoever she is, will soon be fighting for top honours with Zheng Siwei/Chen Qingchen and also Li Junhui/Bao Yixin, my gut feeling.

Li Junhui impresses me a lot as a doubles player lately, his pairing with Liu Yuchen in MD is already making waves, two SS finals in two weeks and winning one of them is nothing short of spectacular, the more so when you consider how they, still relatively young, fared against the top guns in the rest of the world.

#13 Justin L, Oct 3, 2016
    Last edited: Oct 3, 2016
  14. tbgoh288

tbgoh288 Regular Member

Probably he needs time to prepare for his wedding and honeymoon. That will be great news. Let's hope he does not come back into competition with soft legs and knees knocking, just joking. If GOAT decides to retire China needs him to play man's singles in the Sudirman Cup although he is not known to play well in team competitions Not sure whether the second tier players can handle the pressure of playing in a team competition. Next year's Sudirman Cup will be one of the most keenly contested ones.

15. zhuangcorp

Liu Cheng doesnt really have the brains to be a great player. He has a big smash, but doubles today is more and more about mid/front-court skills.

For me, Zhang Nan/Bao Yixin and Zhang Nan/Zheng Siwei would be the best partnerships.