2016 TOTAL BWF Thomas-Uber Cup Finals - Day 3 (17th May) : Group Stage

Discussion in 'Thomas Cup Finals / Uber Cup Finals 2016' started by CLELY, May 16, 2016.

1. CLELY

CLELY Regular Member

[​IMG]

Venue
    : Kunshan Sports Center Stadium, Kunshan-Jiangsu Province, CHN

Category : BWF Events (non prize money)

BWF page : http://bwfbadminton.com/events/2594/total-bwf-thomas-uber-cup-finals-2016/

Tournament website : http://en.ks2016.com/

Live Streaming :
    - http://videostream.dn.ua/videopage/videoPage.php?g=c2J2b2JoK2F0Y3ZsbmhZ&c=en&i=eWlhaXVidGd1bA№f№f
    - http://www.zoptv.com/live/cctv-5
    - http://www.zoptv.com/live/cctv-5-plus

CHN time : http://www.worldtimezone.com/time/wtzresult.php?CiID=16739&forma=Find Time

THOMAS Cup
    One of leading contender Denmark started their campaign in group D against minor team, South Africa. Viktor Axelsen and teammates needed short time to book clean sheet victory. Title-holder Japan has guaranteed quarterfinal ticket, scored their second winning in group stage. After pushed to work harder by French squad at first day tournament, they overpowered Mexico effortlessly despite not fielded the best line-up.

Captain Lee Chong Wei surprisingly displayed shaky performance against the unheralded Germany first singles Kai Schafer, the Malaysian hero won narrowly 21-19 and 21-15 to seal the match. His compatriots then wrapped up the tie with 5-0, all in straight-sets.

Host China was given a scare by team French as their ace two-time Lin Dan dropped first game to world #81 Lucas Claerbout, an uninspiring performance by two-time Olympic Champion when he had chance to seal first game, 20-18 but the Frenchman delivered fearless fighting spirit to nailed it with 22-20. Fu HF/Zhang N also showed sluggish start against Labar/Mittelheiser before prevailed, 21-16 / 22-20.

Another easy breath for Chinese Taipei men’s team to pass Kiwi squad comfortably. Korea also score another impressive victory in their second group stage fixture against England with 5-0.

UBER Cup
    An excellent display was presented by Bulgarian number one Linda Zetchiri to force former world champion Ratchanok Intanon played extra games. Thailand’s third singles Nitchaon Jindapon also experienced hard times to down Mariya Mitsova, but their women’s doubles pairs that show satisfied development lately are too strong for team BUL.

2014 bronze medalist, India had good start to open their campaign here despite the mega star Saina Nehwal was troubled by Wendy Chen Hsuan Yu at first game. This was the only match that Aussie players could delivered resistance to team India as the remaining ties went to lopsided fashion.

Three-time winner, Indonesia had tough times to down Hong Kong, 3-2. Yip Pui Yin scores opening point for team HKG then INA leveled 1-1 through scratch pair Awanda/Polii. Cheung Ngan Yi then brought HKG led once again, 2-1. INA finally won the tie through Haris/Sari and third singles, Hanna Ramadhini.

China’s main threat Japan made perfect start to outclass Germany, 5-0. Head coach Park Joo Bong has underscored their aim to topple China this time due to their depth and balance compared to two years ago. Group B favourites, KOR and TPE continue their 5-0 triumphant and will cross sword tomorrow to determine who will manage top position.

DAY 3 Schedule (three sessions, 08.30am/01.30pm/07.00pm local time, 4 court) => http://www.tournamentsoftware.com/s...FF39E5-3CE5-4D78-A9E6-4199026B3C5D&d=20160517

*Morning session [08.30am]
    THOMAS Cup
    - DEN v NZL (court 2) => http://www.tournamentsoftware.com/s...98FF39E5-3CE5-4D78-A9E6-4199026B3C5D&match=59
    Another easy test for European badminton powerhouse, 5-0. Danish team rests Jorgensen, Conrad/Kolding and they field scratch pair Mathias Boe/Mathias Christiansen as second doubles.

- IND v HKG (court 4) => http://www.tournamentsoftware.com/s...98FF39E5-3CE5-4D78-A9E6-4199026B3C5D&match=31
    A hard-predicted tie once again in group B after IND-THA duel yesterday, this possibly will be ended 3-2. Hong Kong men’s singles players have slight advantage to scoop winning point in the absence of India leading MS, Srikanth and Prannoy. Wei Nan will be fielded tomorrow against Sourabh Varma, he was absent when HKG met INA in opening day.

UBER Cup
    - DEN v MAS (court 1) => http://www.tournamentsoftware.com/s...98FF39E5-3CE5-4D78-A9E6-4199026B3C5D&match=94
    A crucial tie for Danish and Malaysia to decide who will accompany China in quarterfinal, this should be a cracker as both teams have equal chance to go further in this event. The singles category will see interesting duel due to unfamiliarity between players of these two nations. Malaysia splits their leading women's doubles, Vivian Hoo and Woon Khe Wei as they will be paired up with Goh Liu Ying and Amelia Alicia Anscelly respectively.

- BUL v HKG (court 3) => http://www.tournamentsoftware.com/s...8FF39E5-3CE5-4D78-A9E6-4199026B3C5D&match=127
    This tie is only to decide third position of group-stage as it’s ending journey for both teams as they’re already swallowed losing twice against higher-ranked opponent, THA and INA.

Two last tie of group-stage matches will be played on afternoon session, Malaysia Thomas team will challenge the frontrunner team Korea. Also Indonesia Uber team has stern test against Thailand squad who’s favoured to top group C.

At evening session, INA Thomas team will play their second match tomorrow night against the dangerous Thailand who defeated India narrowly, 3-2 in day 1 tournament.

pcll99, kwun and kelana like this.
  2. indrg

indrg Regular Member

I predict MAS to win vs. KOR : 3-2 with CWF to deliver the decider vs. Jeon Hyeok-jin.
    Datuk to start the lead over SWH; Iskandar to win another point for MAS to 1-2, and CWF to close out for MAS 2-3.

3. indrg

indrg Regular Member

Can INA Thomas Cup team win over THA? I think they should rest Ahsan/Hendra. TS is not a sure win either vs. Tanongsak but TS can win for sure vs. Boonsak. None of the other MS can match up vs. Tanongsak. Can Ginting or Jonatan do it?

4. sen

sen Regular Member

Under what criteria, they can't match up to Tanongsak ?

H2H Tommy is 2-2
    Ginting is 1-0
    Ihsan is 1-1
    Sonny is 4-2
    I think Jonatan only play against him at Sea Games and lost?

As for doubles player, Decaphol is a good player. Don't think they should underestimate Thailand. I think they would go for the best squad lineup as this is still 2nd game and they are not safe to qualify for qf.

5. indrg

indrg Regular Member

There is Sonny. The INA MS lineup is either TS, Ginting, Jonatan or TS, Jonatan, Ihsan or Ginting, Jonatan, Ihsan or TS, Ginting, Ihsan.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I747 using Tapatalk

6. indrg

indrg Regular Member

I am pretty sure Boonsak will play MS1 today.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I747 using Tapatalk

7. blabl

blabl Regular Member

Okay a few exciting matches for this morning.

Denmark versus New Zealand we can safely assume that Denmark will win 5-0.

India versus Hong Kong match may slightly give the favor the Hong Kong team to win as looking form the lineup of the game, Hong Kong really have good MS. So Hong Kong may win 3-2.

The interesting match would be the Denmark versus Malaysia match s it is so difficult to predict the outcome as result may go either way.

Then for Bulgaria versus Hong Kong match it will clearly favour Hong Kong to win the match 5-0.

So all in for the morning matches there will only be one exciting match because for the other 3 matches I think we can already predict the winner of the match even right before the match itself have started.

8. pathan

pathan Regular Member

musician
    Malaysia VS Denmark Uber Cup: seem too much of a 50%-50%. WD1 is a forgone conclusion. It's definitely Denmark's. I guess it boils down to mental strength.

9. kelana

kelana Regular Member

globalresearch.ca
    I predict in UC MAS will win over DEN, and in TC INA will beat THA while in UC the reverse.

There were too many lopsided 5-0 matches yesterday, expect something much more balanced today.

blabl likes this.
  10. ngkt67

ngkt67 Regular Member

TJY out of form by losing in 1st WS...

looks like MAS chance to win against DEN is getting slimmer...

11. pathan

pathan Regular Member

musician
    Malaysia needs a miracle now. Tee Jing Yi lost... now it's gonna be VERY difficult. It's a 60-40 now favoring Denmark.

12. nokh88

nokh88 Regular Member

Badminton Trainee
    MAS expecting 1 point from TJY but as usual, she failed to deliver. Now hoping for WS2, WD2 and WS3. WD1 should be DEN's.

13. nilesh123

nilesh123 Regular Member

student
    Pissed of Manny/Sumeeth lost after leading throughout! India is already under cruciatus curse in the absence of KS, HSP and PK doubles are the only chances to edge out HKG! Alas it'll be lopsided if they don't win MD1

14. nilesh123

nilesh123 Regular Member

student
    OMG petya Ndelcheva easily def JG's physique :D

15. nilesh123

nilesh123 Regular Member

student
    So here it is after gifting the g1 to their opp they lost interest to even go that far!
    HKG 2-0 IND I pitty BSP and Saurabh even though they're trying hard to prove themselves it's almost impossible to get up from the 2-0 pressure even for the elites :(

blabl likes this.
  16. insaint84

insaint84 Regular Member

-
    I think BSP will defeat HU YUN ... lets see

17. ngkt67

ngkt67 Regular Member

DEN takes the lead 2-0 against MAS, seems like it is going to be all over for MAS Uber team...

18. blabl

blabl Regular Member

I feel for you brother. India cannot win over Hong Kong now. Likely this time Thomas Cup India will be bottom in the list. But then no joke for this Hong Kong MD. They are extremely good. Yesterday they lose to Indonesia ranked no 2 pair 20-22, 20-22. Imagine it.

19. blabl

blabl Regular Member

No worries here friend. Don't panic. Goh Jin Wei will deliver.

20. ngkt67

ngkt67 Regular Member

i worried about after GJW match, the 2nd WD and 3rd WS...

kelana likes this.