2016 Syed Modi Int.Badminton Championships : Qualifying-FINALS (26th-31st January)

Discussion in 'Malaysia Master / Syed Modo International / Thaila' started by CLELY, Jan 25, 2016.

1. Justin L

Justin L Regular Member

Yes, psychological advantage in a tight situation can be decisive, esp affecting the less mature, experienced player.

Had it been 14-all instead of 13-15 down, HYX might not have lost his bearings, and KS might be feeling the pressure; then the outcome could be anybody's guess.

2. abedeng

abedeng Regular Member

Occupying Tall Buildings
    To be fair to Srikanth, he probably would have won anyway without the bad call. Got his focus back just in time and the way he got himself out of trouble in a few of the last rallies shows a maturing player.

3. Nine Tailed Fox

Nine Tailed Fox Regular Member

Abra Ka Dabra happens in every nation........Mostly in Korea

4. blabl

blabl Regular Member

[MENTION=122561]Nine Tailed Fox[/MENTION]

To be frank and honest all the matches that I have watched thus far have refereeing errors. The ones I didn't watch I cannot comment about it.

So far the matches with refereeing errors as noted.

1. Ko Sung Hyun / Shin Baek Cheol versus Goh V Shem / Tan Wee Kiong match whereby the Korean MD won lots of points in the second and third set through the errors.

2. Srikanth vs Goh Soon Huat match got errors too. I'm the end due to the errors Goh Soon Huat lose the third set.

3. Srikanth vs Boonsak game for errors whereby Boonsak protested in vain. Nobody entertain him so he went into self destruct losing the game.

4. MD match final got errors whereby the Malaysian MD lose a few points due to the refereeing errors.

5. MS match final got errors. Huang lose due to the errors in the third set.

6. MD semifinal second match got errors. The Korean MD lose the match due to refereeing errors in the first and third set.

Sorry to have to say it now but it is obvious.

5. hannster

hannster Regular Member

Principal Architect
    I'm not calling out any nation, and certainly not discounting Srikanth's deservedness... but allowing host nation court officials with host nation players on court just makes it harder for them to behave and function objectively... whatever nation it may be!

Takes the prestige out of the game and leaves the viewers (and in this case, the commentator) flabbergasted.

6. Airos

Airos Regular Member

Great job Srikanth!
    This is the best I have seen Srikanth play in a long time.

7. blabl

blabl Regular Member

This you are right. Extremely obvious if the tournament is held in Korea.

8. Justin L

Justin L Regular Member

I'm inclined to agree with your earlier post about GSH handling bad linecalls better than HYX. But this post sounds like an afterthought. Perhaps, maybe not, look how HYX played in G2, and was keeping up point for point with KS until 13-all, 13-14 when the outrageous incident happened.

9. Baddyforall

Baddyforall Regular Member

Then you must be new to badminton. Have you ever watched match in china and korea ? Even in Superseries tournaments, they allow their national umpires to sit for the matches of their country players. I have numerous examples. If you wish , i will provide it. One example, you should watch China Open 2014, Saina's semifinal match against china player. You can see 3 wrong line judgements by local line judges . How come it happens in a Superseries tournaments. Fortunately, Hawk eye reversed all the decisions. One is ok. How come 3 judgement in favour of home player?

In Korea, have you forgot one match between China MD vs Korean MD, where the last point won by Korean MD was extremely ridiculous. I have never ever seen such a line call in my life.

10. Baddyforall

Every nation is doing it. Not only India.

China, Korea, Malaysia , Thailand etc whatever nation you mention, they will do the same. Budget constraint for GPG level

11. Airos

Airos Regular Member

All this noise for one bad call?
    ONE bad call?!!!
    Get a grip!

12. blabl

blabl Regular Member

[MENTION=123108]Baddyforall[/MENTION]

I have to agree with you that whenever the tournament is held in Korea gross and serious refereeing errors tend to happen. There is nothing much we can do about it. This has to do with the culture of must win in sports tournament for Korea.

13. blabl

blabl Regular Member

Everybody it is time to chill and cool down. We will leave this matter to bwf. Bwf is the one who is not taking any action and letting things like that happen again and again. It is such a great pity.

14. Nine Tailed Fox

Nine Tailed Fox Regular Member

Well,These match officials may be part-time Primary School Teachers too so maybe their focus was on preparing syllabus for exams?

15. Airos

Airos Regular Member

I think a lot of the problems will be solved if they just introduced Hawk Eye at this level.

16. Upquark

Upquark Regular Member

Java developer
    Of course there have been other incidents. This error, however, was so blatantly obvious, I mean, it was like an INCH inside the line! Shocking. I wouldn't have been surprised if Huang would have pulled a Taufik...

17. nizze

nizze Regular Member

Personally I think such a terrible call can be psychologically devastating at this stage of the game for inexperienced players.

It's easy to say, put it out if the mind and focus to win but realistically it is tough to do so. This is not even a tight call, its way in but yet called out and there is no Hawkeye to seek redress. The frustration and indignation will play on the mind.

#477 nizze, Jan 31, 2016
    Last edited: Jan 31, 2016
  18. Baddyforall

Same thing happens everywhere. The example i mentioned was 2 ft inside was called out.

Here you go.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=W85Jj28TUTc

19. blabl

blabl Regular Member

Oh too bad then. It is okay. The match is over. Let bwf solve the issue now.

20. blabl

blabl Regular Member

So surprise indeed to see the match marred with refereeing errors. Too bad.