2010 Kumpoo Macau Open : The Finals! (1/8/2010)

Discussion in 'New Zealand Open / Macau Open / Chinese Taipei Ope' started by undeadshot, Jul 31, 2010.

1. miksss

miksss Regular Member

U can ignore my post
    lol

2. cclau74

cclau74 Regular Member

Most likely below rank #5...

3. Dede_Pran

Dede_Pran Regular Member

student
    well i agree, actually she has the same potential quality as her other compatriots who have higher ranks, namely WYH, WX, WSX, JYJ, and LL, though she's still junior...
    notice that LXR has ever beaten LL in China Open last year...

#163 Dede_Pran, Aug 1, 2010
    Last edited: Aug 1, 2010
  4. madbad

madbad Regular Member

Li Xuerui looked a little raw Needs a bit more polishing but has the potential to join the ranks of her peers

5. huangkwokhau

huangkwokhau Regular Member

sales & design
    He was not warming up at all...he could not move ...so they decided to call organizer that LHI could not play...but the organizer kept it quiet until last minutes to okay GillianClark to report the news....some of us had been told to keep quiet...

6. george@chongwei

george@chongwei Regular Member

You should sleep more, madbad:D

7. madbad

madbad Regular Member

Hey, I did! Woke up at 10:00am :D:D

8. madbad

madbad Regular Member

Any idea on the extent of the injury? Was he scheduled to play the TPE Open?

9. george@chongwei

george@chongwei Regular Member

Gill Clark report lee hyun il got Knee Injury..;)
    yes, his name is in the draw of taipei open.. i think he will withdraw after this.

10. madbad

madbad Regular Member

Older guys take longer to recuperate from an injury. Looks like he's still playing well

11. lcleing

lcleing Regular Member

Too many different versions here. I smell something fishy.
    1st version-he was injured during semifinal match against BP
    2nd version-he injured himself during warmup before final
    3rd version-he cannot move after semifinal match against BP, no warmup
    Everyone's version- LHI injured his ankle
    George's version-he injured his knee

From what I saw, Lee Hyun Il was moving around the court quite smoothly while giving the souvenir. Absolute no sign of injury. I suspect this is just a setup. Taipei Open will give us an indication on how 'badly injured' he was.
    P/S: Yes I am daring KBA to withdraw him from Taipei Open. No point stopping the show at this point right? Might as well end it with good acting.

#171 lcleing, Aug 2, 2010
    Last edited: Aug 2, 2010
  12. madbad

madbad Regular Member

Unless you have hard evidence yourself, you shouldn't be accusing the KBA of suspicious actions. Let's reverse this. If it was LCW pulling out and someone had dared to suggest what you had, you and the Boleh brigade would have cried blue murder

13. jimbo

jimbo Regular Member

What is the main plot (if any) for this "stunt" (if any)?

For an aged body (out of retirement), it's possible that his body can't handle it anymore after some grueling matches, esp against Boonsak.

14. jasonmarc

jasonmarc Regular Member

But, he did defeated BP in straight game............and no signs of injury during SF....

Or his body cant take it until after SF.......or he dont wish to expose to much of his strenght before AG....or..???? LOL

15. jimbo

jimbo Regular Member

aiya... then u must ask this uncle jimbo... coz he knows the best... haha... after some tough matches with young lads, I find it difficult to wake up the next morning for work... lolx... whole body aching... exhausted... so ended up calling MC... haha...

16. ctjcad

ctjcad Regular Member

- You can check her WR standing and where she stands amongst her teammates:
    http://www.tournamentsoftware.com/ranking/category.aspx?id=1594&category=473
    - She played in the 2008 BWF World Junior Championships in India. In the individual event, she was seeded #2 but she lost to Sayaka Sato in the R16.
    http://www.tournamentsoftware.com/sport/draw.aspx?id=8BC7C6A0-744F-49B8-8995-0F41D033684A&draw=3

17. lcleing

lcleing Regular Member

I am sorry if I sounded a bit harsh but I certainly don't see there's any problem of me suggesting that may be more that is going on behind the scene. Yes, the above was merely my speculation and KBA can always prove me wrong by withdrawing LHI from Taipei Open. I hope you wouldn't be offended by a mere speculation, would you? And to be honest, your accusation in bold is totally unnecessary as I have yet to see that happened.
    By the way, can you explain to me what Boleh bridage means please? I certainly can't find it in a dictionary and fail to comprehend the finer meaning of it. Besides, I don't really understand why you keep bringing the 'Boleh' slogan in but it seems that you are always trying to split the BC members into two(Malaysian fans against non-Malaysian fans) instead of discussing the issue as a one big BC family. If this is the case, I suggest perhaps we should stop here as I don't see that's anything to be gained from this discussion.

I don't know the real reason, perhaps they are preserving LHI for big matches in Asia Games. I have a feeling that the KBA still feel that LHI is not match fit(or physcologically prepared)enough for a tough international tournament at the moment[This is also my speculation, please don't flame me]. This is merely a grand prix Gold event where no one cares about, so probably they don't want LHI to over-exert himself in a small tournament and putting himself in risk of injury. I think 30 years old is not that old, jimbo, considering Gade at 33, is participating back to back Super Series every now and then.

#177 lcleing, Aug 2, 2010
    Last edited: Aug 2, 2010
  18. ctjcad

ctjcad Regular Member

..a good example of a Boleh Brigade: those members in the "Lee Chongwei" thread, in the M'sia Players sub-forum, trying their best to defend and protect their hero DLCW from any criticisms..or those in the "KKK & TBH going up and down the hill" threads defending their heroes..

19. lcleing

lcleing Regular Member

Thanks for the explaination, ctjcad. But seriously, everyone will have the tendency to protect their favourite players and this is not a trait possess exclussively by LCW and KKK/TBH's fans. I think the act of name-calling with the sole purpose of degrading a group of people who share some common interest should stop.
    I think a lot of us here have grow out of that phase.

20. danielwong

danielwong Regular Member

Salesman
    Macau Open is over...we got the winner already...no point to argue...
    move to Chinese taipei Open now...