2009 South East Asian (SEA) Games, Laos

Discussion in 'East Asian Games / South East Asian Games (SEA Gam' started by george@chongwei, Nov 10, 2009.

1. limsy

limsy Regular Member

kuli
    the prediction of final

ms
    ss will have advantage because his path is more smooth and easy compare to sdk

ws
    is time for ratchanok to proof to the world she is the thailand number 1 and i believe she will.

md
    the big stage matches that koo/tan only lost to kido/hendra is the famous victory for ina md in og 2008 quater final,beside that,koo/tan had beaten them in 2006 asian games individual semis,ss master final and the team event of this sea games.(1:3)
    ina md never lost to koo/tan in final and koo/tan lost to them in the french final(1:0)
    see if the 1:3 , 1:0 or the 3:8(head to head)strike tomorow:)

wd
    wong/chin should be the heavy fave for this title:)
    but they should beware of their opponent

xd
    gold for ina

2. alwayslolzzz

alwayslolzzz Regular Member

student
    will malaysia broadcast the finals????????

3. leonardklh

leonardklh Regular Member

student
    distracted by the lost lor..

4. jasonmarc

jasonmarc Regular Member

MD will be tricky,....WMC beat SP in team event but lost in individual event,....now, kkk/tbh also won in team event, now in individual event....:D

5. epaphroditus

epaphroditus Regular Member

Indonesian MD will prevail!

6. abedeng

abedeng Regular Member

Occupying Tall Buildings
    Lydia Cheah, is an overdue work-in-progress. She has been a work-in-progress for the past few years.

One wonders why, the player with the best physique between the top 3 Malaysian WS is not mentally adept. At her age WMC already won SEA Games WS gold.

As for WMC, in matches with long rallies between endurance players, the winner is usually the one that is the most patient. Sure WMC has better skills than Salakjit Ponsana, but skills alone go out the window when the game is endurance based. Just ask XXF, ZN in China Open 2007.

In the team competition, WMC was able to beat Salakjit because she was patient and Malaysia tends to concentrate well in team competitions. But yesterday, Salakjit was probably more patient and perhaps hungrier since she didn't manage to win the gold yet.

But I would really love to see the progress of, ahem, Thailand's version of Mia Audina. Still too early to see how far she would move but the future looks promising for Thai Women's Squad.

7. undeadshot

undeadshot Regular Member

Hope not the same case :(
    Hope it will be the same case as HH vs SDK :D

8. Pemuda

Pemuda Regular Member

Lydia lost to a 14 year old in straight sets, my dear friend.

9. Pemuda

Pemuda Regular Member

ahhhh ... injuries, tight schedules, flights, limited rest time etc etc etc etc etc

Poor WMC, Lydia Cheah & all. They have to shuttle all over the world from one tournament to another. Living in a suitcase and etc. Life is tough. Yes, pity them. WMC, for example really had a tough schedule. First, she had to compete against world class opponents in the SSMF. Pick up a USD40k cheque ... even the organisers didnt have any pity for her for they put up a huge and heavy mock cheque when she was on the podium. Maybe having to carry and hold that mock cheque sort of aggravated her knee a little. And pocketing USD40k for less than a week's work was hell. Then she only had about 4 days to recover & do her banking stuff (banking in that USD40k was also troublesome as well ... BWF should have provided direct fund transfer to her bank account). And yes, the flight to Laos was so tiring as well.

Life is so hard and stuff for our shuttlers.

.... can we not own up to the fact that we were beaten? :eek:

10. nokh88

nokh88 Regular Member

Badminton Trainee
    Has the USD40K cheque cleared and money in her account?

11. Pemuda

Pemuda Regular Member

It is refreshing to find a fellow Malaysian who is able to be accept defeat. Class.

Our shuttlers were whooped, period.

12. Pemuda

Pemuda Regular Member

Bro, you like the 'high class state player' thing, eh?

Lydia Cheah? One word ... overrated.

13. eaglehelang

eaglehelang Regular Member

One week before 2009 SS FInals, the 2008 SS Finals winnings had not been paid. So, 2009 one, sometime end of 2010?:p

14. george@chongwei

george@chongwei Regular Member

What about still the 2008 ss finals winnings?? have they got it?:D

15. gemini12

gemini12 Regular Member

mock cheque also croticise, lah.. too heavy and etc.

Actually none of the two players every mentioned they are injured.
    Yes even though WMC and Lydia was beaten ... why must they be labelled overtired and overated and etc....

I agreed that the Thailand girls are better, but we are not bad too. I am surprised that this how our Malaysian Fans mentality is.

If u dont like them... u dont have to criticise. I dont see other countries Bcer criticise their players. I dont see Indonesian talked bad abt Maria Kristin when she is beaten.

So what if we lost... I am still happy they make it so far. There...

16. eaglehelang

eaglehelang Regular Member

Dunno, no follow up reports, I think Utusan not alowed to report on it anymore(though it's sensational news, can sell paper, haha). Next time you manage to meet LCW, KKK/TBH, WPT/CEH, ask them lor. :D

17. george@chongwei

george@chongwei Regular Member

yup, that's the kind of malaysian village mentality. Can't blame them as always.;)

18. Pemuda

Pemuda Regular Member

On the side note ...

Should our football team beat Vietnam today for the gold medal, there will be massive Boleh celebrations in the country. We will be Bolehing all over and there will be quarters who will say with the SEA games gold medal nicely tucked away in FAM's toilet next to the sink, our football is now on the up. LET me state for the record, our football is NOT on the up or whatever you call it even if we beat or thrash Vietnam today for that gold medal. Our football is in the gutter.

19. jasonmarc

jasonmarc Regular Member

Now, George can ask WMC is he meet her.............:D:D

Maybe WMC can give our George a treat........with her US 40K..:eek:

20. Pemuda

Pemuda Regular Member

Lydia lost to a 14 year old in straight sets. Thats a fact. Am not criticising. Please understand the difference. As for the overrated thing, thats my opinion and looking at the beating by some 14 year old yesterday, I rest my case.

As for WMC's defeat, my point is, a loss is a loss. No excuses such as need to take flights, not enough rest time etc. This is not criticising.

If one is happy to see our WMC & Lydia progress in Laos, good then. I respect one's rights to be happy whenever he/she wants to. But one should not make any assumption that I dont like em' shuttlers. Anyway, the right to criticise or not to criticise their performance is mine as well and thus should be respected. Resorting to petty insults such as calling someone for having a 'village mentality' is just poor taste.