2009 Asia Junior Championships (AJC), July 12-19

Discussion in '2009 Tournaments' started by eaglehelang, Jun 1, 2009.

1. rwchen

rwchen Regular Member

The loss of Mas BD earlier might have put undue pressure on Iskandar to deliver. There is still WJC awaiting , he will make a comeback.

2. SHLAU

SHLAU Regular Member

I am speechless now looking at the final results. What a turnaround by China after losing to M'sia in the team final. It feels like a slap on the face of Malaysia by declaring to them that your win in team final is sheer luck. Some would disagree with me but as Limsy said "this is only my opinion. I can have my own say". :rolleyes:

3. jasonmarc

jasonmarc Regular Member

I am so worry this might become a tradition for Mas juniors.......to win in team and lost all individual event.........in coming AJC in future........:rolleyes::(

4. jasonmarc

jasonmarc Regular Member

I hope he will,...but the pressure in WJC will be even heavier for him compared this AJC.......Chn and INA will send their 1st junior team......;)

5. etudiant

etudiant Regular Member

chn got 4 titles eventhough only send their back up?....hmmm...congratz....but,that'll cause badminton will be extinct from olympic in the future,where they always dominate each time....if they dont do smthg abt it..like table tennis (not extinct too apparently)

6. leanooi

leanooi Regular Member

I agree. As usual M'sia cannot deliver the final 2 important individual events. Maybe they were not train as well as the Chinese boys to play well under pressure. It is a pity that having reached the final in both events the pressure of finally succeeding got the better of them.

7. eaglehelang

eaglehelang Regular Member

The same thing happened in 2007, not exactly surprising. And the 2007 team was better than this year, both China & Msia. If Msia win is lucky, when China win is not lucky? It goes both ways.:p
    And we didnt say Indonesia won the BD as lucky cos Msia's Yew was injured. Each player/pair did well to win, giving credit due to the winners, all the events.

#707 eaglehelang, Jul 19, 2009
    Last edited: Jul 19, 2009
  8. suetyan

suetyan Regular Member

Congratulation to China (4 golds)

Applause to China team, the winner of AJC individual event. They grab XD, WD, MS and WS. Specially thanks to Tian Houwei and Chen Xiaojia, as I expected earlier, Chen Xiaojia will win this AJC. Hmm... I don't expect Tian Houwei to win, but I hope he can win. I was a bit surprised when the result was released in TS just now. Tian Houwei beat the malaysian in straight sets :eek: He has successfully revenge :D Too bad I miss the train to KL this morning, ticket sold out :crying: :crying:

9. SHLAU

SHLAU Regular Member

I really suspect coach advice and after game analysis play a major factor in the transformation of china players' performances agaisnt their opponents. But the advice can only be effective if the players have the qualities to apply it in the game and they proved they can.

Also we place too high the expectation on Malaysia's players after they won the team event. Now we are back to reality. China team is still the big brother even though they only sent their second string players. Sigh!!!!!

10. suetyan

suetyan Regular Member

not all are from the back-up team of 2nd team. Only some of them. Some of the players are from 2nd team whereas some of them are from the province team who perform very well but have not been selected to the 2nd team. But, those from province team have already lost :D

11. efslin

efslin Regular Member

But if you are selected in the powerhouse Chinese team, you should have certain qualities to compete.

I think it's the same as Denmark dominating European juniors competition as I watched live stream earlier this year. I can see their opponents are more talented, but in the end DEN won it all.

12. abesadi

abesadi Regular Member

student
    Hurray, one title from Angga/Rendy..
    Conggratz boys..
    Kyaa, its make me so happy..
    So, 4 title for china, 1 for ina, and 1 for malaysia (team event)

13. CLELY

CLELY Regular Member

Finally, INA got 1 title from this AJC through Angga/Rendy. And badminton powerhouse China shows its domination in today's final of individual event with four titles...

14. volcom

volcom Regular Member

China, what can we say?
    Simply the best :)!!

Second string domination!!!!!!!!!

15. nick.h

nick.h Regular Member

student
    yeah well...but thankfully, at least we still have some sort of domination in the MD department, eh?
    i jst hope febby will turn out to be our next susi susanti...

16. badMania

badMania Regular Member

Unexpectedly, Angga Pratama/Yohanes Rendy Sugiarto beat the MAS top-seeded pair in straight-sets to win the Asian Junior Championships title :eek: It was surprising because Angga/Rendy was never paired up together. Angga Pratama's regular partner was Kevin Alexander, while Yohanes Rendy Sugiarto used to partner Ryan Agung Saputra in the WJC last year. Rendy/Ryan lost to the eventual WJC champion Mak Hee Chun/Teo Kok Siang in the QF.

We will have to see what other KOR (and probably CHN) pairs are in store in the WJC. But if the present Asian countries fielded their best lineup in BD, then, INA has a good chance of winning the WJC as well later this year, with Angga/Rendy and also Mohd Ulinnuha/Berry Angriawan.

Oh...Rendy has also moved to be under PB Djarum as well.

17. Krisna

Krisna Regular Member

General Management
    INA is STILL a badminton powerhouse! ;)

18. limsy

limsy Regular Member

kuli
    okok,u all so exciting
    i give u all some figure and fact
    chen xiao jia only won 2 rally and 19 points is from opponent unforce error in 1st set(dont believe?up to u)
    she only won 11 rally by herself throughout the match and 31 is from opponent unforce error.
    so,judge by urself.
    throughout the tournament,i dont think the point score by herself can win 3 match(126 points).from team event to individual,maybe less,2?:rolleyes:
    maybe she won the national junior championship by this kind of performance:cool:
    opponent is feared by her shout(joke):p
    btw,she shout less today,maybe she did read what i say:p
    keep her in the squad for wjc,coach
    everyone will pleased to meet her:)

19. Loh

Loh Regular Member

Semi-Retired
    Well isn't it a surprise that CHN did not win the mixed team title when they swept all the individual titles except the MD. And this is supposed to be not their best team. :eek:

And it took a CHN v CHN in the WD to produce something of a fight that lasted 50 mins. It was a stroll in the park for CHN's Chen Xiaojia to convincingly eliminate TPE's Tai Tsu Ying in both games of 13 points in 35 min despite an earlier prediction that Tai is so good that it will be the other way round. Maybe Chen won again because her opponent made many, many unforced errors. :rolleyes::D

And MAS two No.1 seeds in MD and MS were both extinguished by 'unseeded' players, Iskandar having the brunt of if when he lost in straight games in just 25 min to CHN's Tian Houwei.

Somehow I had the pre-match feeling that INA's Angga and Rendy would prevail in the MD and they did in the most convincing fashion giving away only15 points and 16 points respectively to MAS's top MD pair of Yong Kheng and Yao Han in their straight games match.

What can I say? CHN is just hard to beat ... and for a very long time to come too. Wait a minute ... maybe we should wait for the World Junior Championships ... maybe badminton will not be dropped from the Olympics ...:p;):D