2005 WC Day 4 (Thursday)

Discussion in 'World Championships 2005' started by kwun, Aug 17, 2005.

1. nugroho

nugroho Regular Member

depends on the rule which applied by the organization, Sony would not attend the next tournament, bu the lost to 3rd seed, they might re-think about it...

2. Mt. Apo

Mt. Apo Regular Member

Consultant
    Tuafik is the last Indon Mohican. While China has 3, Denmark 2 and 1 a piece for S. Korea and Malaysia.

Good luck Taufik...

3. uluh dayak

uluh dayak Regular Member

4. Anatolii

Anatolii Regular Member

A Tragedy.

:crying::crying:

5. liverpool

liverpool Regular Member

Looks Like end of the road for this Malaysian pair....hanging up their racket. I am predicting end of the road also for Yap Kim Hock and Misbun.

As for Hafiz his mentor (Misbun)has been preparing him with gym workout in Malaysia. Misbun game strategy and probably training method seems ancient. Still playing a lot of clearance and lifting of shuttles. It might be a diet problem with the Malaysian player. Their meal allowance might be too little for Anaheim. In addition the Muslim player also need HALAL (Kosher)food. I heard from an ex player they have a lot MAggi Instant noodle during tournament. Some even brought a rice cooker and cook in the hotel!! He reiterated that the Chinese team come with their chef eventhough Chinese restaurant are available.
    Bottomline, Hafiz need a new coach but I doubt it will happen. Thus he will have a carrer like his coach and his brother Roslin. Peak ( All England champion) and downhill thereafter!!!

As for Sato......This is another problem with Malaysian player...lack mental toughness. I saw Sato against Lin Dan in Malaysia 6 months ago....like father playing with his child. Sato did all the running, Lin Dan took it like a practice game!!!

6. ctjcad

ctjcad Regular Member

Here's some infos and tidbits to share with you all..

1. Well, after the match where Eriko Hirose lost to Wang Chen, i was passing by in the back area near the cafeteria and noticed she was sobbing. I mean really sobbing. I noticed she just turned her head away from everyone and sobbed for about 10 minutes or so, before going in and changing. Wow, i guess she took the lost personally and seriously. She must've prepared for this event so well, but came up short. Hopefully she'll bounce back the next time around and keep on training.

2. I was at the Press Media Room doing the translation for Taufik, after his match against Boonsak. And in one of the interview, he said, basically throughout the entire match, both players seemed to play with too much caution and too carefully. Esp. in the second game, he felt he should've won it. But he felt 3 of the referee's calls of him making faults on the net were enough to make him lost his cool, thus he lost the 2nd set. In the 3rd set, he seemed to regain his composure and was able to play with more ease and more relax. He still mentioned that the A/C wind/draft is still bothering him and the court condition.

3. Sony tried his best against Gade. But IMO, eventhough this sounds like an excuse, but I think Gade took advantage and got a better of him. Esp. after last night marathon for Sony, where he had to play 3 sets for over an hour against Kaldau. I believe it took a bit out of him, esp. playing a player like Gade. However, Gade played well, esp. after being down big in the 2nd set and was able to regain control and win the 2nd set.

4. The Malaysian MD pair of Koo/Chan really showed a lot of improvement. They were really quick and fast. Throughout the 2nd and 3rd sets, they really control the tempo. Keeping up the offensive basically from the 2nd set onward. Fu/Cai just seemed like they can't do much, and won't lift because of the wind condition. We shall see what they have in store for the QF stage.

5. The U.S. MD pair of Tony G./Howard B. may probably have their last spot on stage after tonight's win. Sure their win today was a bit of a surprise, esp. with a straight set victory over the "over-the-hill" Malaysian MD pair. However, in the next round(QF), they will face JEriksen/MLHansen, the no. 1 seed and basically the Danes 1st team. Boy, the U.S. pair will need a lot, i mean tons of support from their fans if they are able to make an upset.

#406 ctjcad, Aug 19, 2005
    Last edited: Aug 19, 2005
  7. Anatolii

Anatolii Regular Member

WOW you were taufik's translator?!! WOW

8. ctjcad

ctjcad Regular Member

Regarding translating for Taufik..

well, i'm helping as an LO(Liaison Officer), so my duties include several tasks(multi-flexible person). One of it is to translate for players who are not fluent in certain language. It's a "work", actually, so i was assigned to be the translator for the Indonesian team/player, since I'm Indo and can speak/understand the language(I'm also assigned as an LO for the Indonesian team).
    I wasn't volunteering to be the translator, though, just picked and assigned...;).
    So , I never really felt "ga-ga" or in "awe" with Taufik standing next to me...He's cool, talked to him and i treat him just like any other person, reg. person and just like other players. He's just like you and me, so i never really felt that he deserves any "special treatment"..So, from my impression of him, after talking/conversing and hanging around him, in actuality, believe it or not, the more you treat him like a regular, "nothing special" person, the more he "respects" you.. :rolleyes:

#408 ctjcad, Aug 19, 2005
    Last edited: Aug 19, 2005
  9. ctjcad

ctjcad Regular Member

Yes, Tony G. went back to using his old regular MP100 in Thursday's match..

10. Anatolii

Anatolii Regular Member

*laughs* you don't sound like you enjoyed your assigned post very much.. seeing as you insist on calling it "work":p!

11. ctjcad

ctjcad Regular Member

well, i called it quote unquote work..
    Well, i enjoyed the position, however, it's not as easy as one might imagine.
    The position entails us to be ready to come and help in any kind of need. Unlike spectators who just sit there and watch, we the LO will have to be ready guarded anytime we are called upon. So, in a way, if we are assigned to do interview translation or what have you, then we have to go and help, can't stay there and just watch the match. And sometimes, we are assigned at a specific location where we have no access to see any of the match(es) maybe for some period of time..Sooo...

12. sally83

sally83 New Member

i can't belive that chan n koo had win chai n foo......:eek: what a surprise........ by the way keep the good work!!! AZA AZA!!!:eek:

13. rwchen

rwchen Regular Member

Reserve the flag for Lee Chong Wei and Koo/Chan tomorrow.

14. rwchen

rwchen Regular Member

I thought Chew/Choong had a better chance in R16 but it's Chan/Koo who defied the odds. Rexy's call for Chan/Koo to seek for the help of psycologist
    beared fruits. Fu/Cai is shaky after their triumph in All England and they just could not take the tremendous pressure in big tourney.

15. Anatolii

Anatolii Regular Member

i believe it's cai and fu (not chai and foo):p. you couldn't have messed up the spelling of their names more!

ctjcad: well, you gain some and lose some, ig uess;)

16. Cheung

Cheung Moderator

wannabe badminton phototaker
    I've just come on and managed to look a the results!

Great win for Tony G and Howard. Howard looks so happy in the pictures.
    M'sia's ageing pair have some problems with injuries.

Howard and Tony should have a fair chance against Lundgard and Eriksen. You never know when Eriksen may go haywire.

Amazing win for Chan And Koo. Hopefully CCM's confidence will be lifted. Wonder if he's been depressed from his run of arm injuries. That might have affected his game for a long while.

HK's upcoming ladies singles player actually gets a game off Zhang Ning. Cool:) What a rising star;)

WeiYiLi and Zhao Ting Ting lost...Going downhill. I blame it all on Wei YiLi. Must be her friendly personality;)

Wahh, Jonas and Lars sounldy thump the HK pair:(
    Next match for them is a repeat of the 2003 WC final..and we all know what happened there;)

And why is the stupid official website so damm slow? And that's when all the matches have already finished!!?$#@

17. ants

ants Regular Member

Entrepreneur , Modern Nomad

You are right. :)

18. aiyuuw

aiyuuw Regular Member

good 'ol student
    cai/fu lost? how?:eek:
    poor sony will not be able to attend any tournament anytime soon:(

19. Loh

Loh Regular Member

Semi-Retired
    We might as well assume you're too engrossed with the matches. :D And thankfully, Kwun junior is not around to fight for attention. With well over a 1,000 pics, you'll have to buy time to sort out the best to be posted here! :)

20. wirre

wirre Regular Member

I think she was more disappointed in the way she lost than upset about the loss. Seems like she never got into the match. That's what I personally hate most, not to lose but to play badly. Heck, I'm quite unhappy even if I win when playing bad.....