Korean Open 2008 : DAY 4 : Jan 25 : (Quarterfinals)

Discussion in 'Korea Open 2008' started by vching, Jan 24, 2008.

1. samuel882

samuel882 Regular Member

Tour Leader
    Those claims many fans anti MAS, please do a count for urself how many post of ANTI CHN here. Think first before shoot ur fire :cool:

2. eaglehelang

eaglehelang Regular Member

Denmark vs INA how?:D

3. Jessica

Jessica Regular Member

Student
    Aiyo..I didn't think of this..Then may the best player win..:D:p

4. morphy

morphy Regular Member

Let me rephrase that: I don't consider them to be MAS fans or badminton fans ;).

On the flipside an argument could also be made that since they paid money to see the matches they're allowed to boo their hometeam. While I might go with that, its really counterproductive for the teams in question.

That said, the players if they're professionals, should be able to block it out and not let it affect their game.
    Easier said than done...but that's what makes a champion..not just skills but mental toughness. Something I like to see more in our younger players...and I'm not gonna name names :cool:.

#884 morphy, Jan 25, 2008
    Last edited: Jan 25, 2008
  5. samuel882

samuel882 Regular Member

Tour Leader
    very WELL SAID :) Dont blame the fans, look at urslf first, see where u stand against all those Great

6. eaglehelang

eaglehelang Regular Member

Ha ha, you've been reading the threads I see.

1) It would be better if they dont do that at all, that was my arguement, since (as far I know) most other countries dont , except maybe Indonesia. Others, they cheer their players even though their players trailing 10 pts behind, impossible to catch up.
    The home crowd dont boo all players, but they still boo (female players are exempt though for some). I never liked such mentality in the fans, I still dont.

Like they dont want their country men to win, which is sthing many non Msian have asked me. The foreigners were cheering for our players till the end, then hear Msians......, they said "If your country dont want them to play for you, we want them for our country."

2) But since it's the Msian culture, yes, the players, young or experienced, have to program in their mind that the boos are for their opponents or sthing like that.:D.

7. Krisna

Krisna Regular Member

General Management
    I now remember that most comments that critisize MAS are from the BC members who reside in MAS themselves... :p A very peculiar habit unique to the MAS residents. I would never say any damaging things to INA players. If INA players loose, we just weep for a few minutes :crying: and then go on with life positively... :D :D

So your point is...? :confused: There are more anti-CHN than anti-MAS? :confused: Shoot fire where? :confused:

8. Krisna

Krisna Regular Member

General Management
    Ha ha...

I will surely support MAS if they play against CHN... ;) :D Yes, yes, I know... this is an insinuation that I am anti-CHN... Even though I'm of Chinese descent myself... :rolleyes: but hey, it is better for me to see ASEAN players win.... vested interest in my home-region...

That's exactly the case in KO's MD SF: Lars-Jonas vs. Luluk-Alvent... :D

Very diplomatic, Jess... ;) I won't know who to support if I watch MAS vs. DEN... :p

9. Louisa

Louisa Regular Member

Well, u r right.......aren't u?:D
    All bcers r fun:p
    U r a true INA badminton lover...;)

no problem at all........;)

10. Birdwood

Birdwood Regular Member

I don't mind anyone supports his/her favorite players against players from another country. That doesn't make him/her anti-another country. Bashing the player(s) from the country you don't support is what made you anti-Chn or anti-another country :eek:

Also I took up the issue with you early in the thread that you seemed enjoyed the fact that SSM and Sony had won medals at OG, while LD didn't. But, denying the facts that LD won many more times SS titles than those two combined since OG 04 is not going to help your weak favorite players and will only make me proud of LD for his achievements since OG 04 :cool:

So please face the facts and be honest with yourself in supporting your players, bashing others will not make your favorite players any stronger on court or in the eyes of other BCers, who prefer facts, reasoning, and civilized manner :rolleyes:

11. Krisna

Krisna Regular Member

General Management
    Are the facts not true? What's wrong with pointing out that fact?

C'mon I never deny that LD won many more SS titles than Sony and SSM. How can I deny such obvious facts. :eek: I'm very aware that Sony never won any of the SS in his life...:p let alone since the 2004 Olympic games... :p

I agree completely with what you said. Thus, I don't bash LD. But I just pointed out facts. If the particular facts happen to be unfavorable for LD [such as the fact that he never won any Olympic medals], you have to accept the facts, dude. Be honest with yourself that those are mere facts. That's not bashing. ;)

Somebody else, I forgot whom, said that LD won many SS medals. I then wrote that they don't fight to win medals in SS. Nobody counts gold medals, silver medals, bronze medals in SS tournaments. It's wierd to talk about medal collection in SS tournaments. :cool: Pro-badminton tournaments are similar in many ways with pro-tennis tournaments in the sense that nobody said that Roger Federer won the "Wimbledon gold-medal" It's absurd to say it.

Medals are important in Olympic Games, Asian Games, SEA Games, etc. mostly in multi-sport events... Anyway, I think that guy was just new to the badminton professional tour. Later on he will learn.

#891 Krisna, Jan 25, 2008
  12. Birdwood

Birdwood Regular Member

The facts you slept on was the history. Try not put your head in the sand since you have so much knowledge in badminton SS and whether it offers medals or titles. Pardon me for being a beginner playing and newbie in the forum. But that only shows how arrogant one can be :eek:

More importantly, you are anti-CHN as you said yourself. Next time support your favorite players and stop degrading others :cool:

13. Krisna

Krisna Regular Member

General Management
    Oh yes I prefer INA and ASEAN players to win rather than CHN. But I don't degrade others countries' players. ;) :cool: If they happen to loose or happen to not able to win something. Those are factual statements, not deragotary statements. What's wrong with saying things like: Lin Dan never won the Indonesian Open. So what's wrong with statements like that. ;) I also won't mind if somebody wrote that Maria Kristin never won the China Open. Fair enough. Because it is so so true.

#893 Krisna, Jan 25, 2008
  14. Birdwood

Birdwood Regular Member

I don't mind anyone supporting anyone, just don't like to see the negativity in the discussion. That's all, and thanks being understandable :rolleyes:

15. kwun

kwun Administrator

BC Janitor
    gentlemen.... stop fighting now...

16. Krisna

Krisna Regular Member

General Management
    Ok, Kwun... I think Birdwood and I just had a little misunderstanding.

17. Rubinjo

Rubinjo Regular Member

Peter Gade is a MONSTER!!

18. cooler

cooler Regular Member

Surfing, reading fan mails:D, Dilithium Crystal hu
    All l know and remembered is krisna like to sleep with chinese women players:D

http://www.badmintoncentral.com/forums/showthread.php?p=646438&highlight=marry#post646438

19. Krisna

Krisna Regular Member

General Management
    #899 Krisna, Jan 25, 2008
  20. cooler

cooler Regular Member

Surfing, reading fan mails:D, Dilithium Crystal hu
    I was giving you support of why u don't prefer chinese men players.... because they are stealing your chinese women players;)

#900 cooler, Jan 25, 2008