RSL Series Racquets

Discussion in 'Racket Recommendation / Comparison' started by RSLCANADA, Apr 15, 2006.

1. drifit

drifit newbie

PM
    hi syd04,
    good to hear that.
    if you can whip that X2-SP, sell it to me.........:p
    btw, where did you get it?

2. animezone

animezone Regular Member

wow, that's very good price. Syd04, may i know which shop you bought from?

3. syd04

syd04 Regular Member

Tks guys.

The first touch....
    I used the racket for 2 hours at last nite session. The feel was good, control was fantastic. Backhand from baseline was disastrous and some mistiming. I should be able to get more out of it in a couple of sessions.

Shopping experience.....
    I got mine from Racquet Zone, opposite MBA, Puchong. The guys there are ok. they know their stuff.

Unlike the ppl in AJ, not only do they charge higher, they told me that there are no difference between SP and FP. Just that FP is lighter by 3 gms only. Others all same. So sad to see reputable seller bluffing their way thru.

I went to AJ (few doors away from RZ) becoz RZ didn't hv the FP in stock, arriving only next week. So, I thought since I'm already there, I might as well check them out. I told them of the price offered by RZ and they can't match. Their price is RM10 higher, which I didn't mind paying. Afterall, if I come back next week, I still have to incur petrol cost.

Funny thing was, they were pushing for the SP. So, I casually, asked what's the difference, why not the FP. That's when they told me that. I was taken aback. They continued by saying, there are also green one (AP) and red one, all same, just different in weigh only. I told them I still want the FP, then the lady told me with that price, I'll get the racquet with string and no bag. I told them that RZ is giving me a big bag and grip too. They looked disbelieve, giving me the "liar liar, pants on fire" look. At that point, I told them I'm leaving.

Not trying to slime AJ but they are not as professional as some forumers think they are. They also badmouth their new neighbour (RZ). I didn't have a good experience there. I hope the owner of AJ is not like that, I dealt with 2 young man and a woman.

Anyway, I'll wait and see if I want to get a second racket. My friend is bringing some Finnex rackets for me to try out next week. I'll keep my option open.

Yearning for more......
    Drifit, what's your opinion of FP when compared with the SP? The feel,control and etc? Before I take another plunge.

Tks again.

4. drifit

drifit newbie

PM
    FP is lighter than SP
    shaft stiffer than SP
    FP is fast for defensive. as for power, is lacking. one need to be a fast swinger to produce some ummph.....;) favourite racket for drowsy.....:D
    stiffer shaft, better control than SP.
    when i am tired, i switch to FP..........:D:D:D
    #if you are not fast swinger, will have some time to adjust....

5. syd04

syd04 Regular Member

Tks, Drifit.

hmm, now I'm wondering if I've bought the "right" one. The RSL chart says the FP is slightly more "powerful" than the SP.

I'm a female, playing doubles mostly. I'm considered to be an average player. I'd like to have a more powerful smash, with the help of the racket, of course. (Pls don't ask me to do weight training....too old....already...) Due to my inability to win points by smashing, I've become a defensive player when I'm playing with the guys. I'd love to win more point by smashes.

Just trying to enjoy my badminton a little more with the help of the right tool.....mostly, to get satisfaction from guys not being able to retrieve my smashes.....hahaha.

My friend told me that a medium flex racket will be more suitable for my style of play. My concern is also the weight of the racket. I feel a pain in my shoulder after playing. Currently, using a 95gm (includes string and grip) prince racket.

I enjoyed using the SP (abt 89gm with string and grip) last Friday, tho' the smashes were not great. The pain in the shoulder is less.

What I want to know is, should I get the FP also?
    Will the lighter FP help me?

:)

6. drifit

drifit newbie

PM
    maybe you can join a session with me, demo my FP, whether is suitable for you or not......:)

7. drowsysmurf

drowsysmurf Regular Member

Make ppl happy O_O
    fp might help maybe. i remodified my fp so i got a bigger grip now. think it prolly added a few extra grams but the grip feels comfy. fp is not really a head heavy racket, so u need a fast swing like drifit said to create a whip. but the racket itself is pretty flexible compared to many yonex rackets. i haven't used the SP before but i'd say if FP is light for fast reaction time and easy maneuverability. in all seriousness, i would agree with the store's explanation that the rackets are all pretty much the same just difference in weight. stiffness is a factor, but quite a small factor as most of the x2 stiffness are pretty similar (slight variance) except for the x2 pro which is considerably stiffer due to the shaft difference. it is not a progressive medium flex shaft.

8. RSLCANADA

RSLCANADA Regular Member

Pres of RSL in Canada
    Hi,

My opinion is stick to SP, FP need strong wrist to use it, FP is a quick racquet, making a lot of net and front court shot, you need to move fast and swing fast. SP is a more easy using racquet for you. That's my opinion.

9. syd04

syd04 Regular Member

Tks for all the input.

I'll take up Drifit's offer to test drive his racket. Pls pm me details.

Does anyone have any technical info on the new Matrix series? My friend is interested in RSL rackets now after I told her that RSL is more worth it than Yonex. The price of the high end RSL is equal to mid-range Yonex. And of course, the technologies.

Cheers.

:cool:

10. Willi@m

Willi@m Regular Member

Blow Blow Water
    How about Firepower T-100.......oso another terror racket to conquer, hahaha!!

11. drifit

drifit newbie

PM
    wow..... terrorist racket :eek::eek::eek:
    actually is Ti-100.
    quite expensive for me to own and try......:p:p:p

12. lhchia

lhchia Regular Member

if local market still having the 6800 then i prefer it more..hahha

13. philbrady

philbrady New Member

I play with the diamond x2 fp - and have broken 3 in 3 months with racket clashes with inexperienced players and one where i smashed and it broke !. So a word a caution - this racket is very unforgiving. Can rsl canada recommend an alternative that is a more poweful smasher but still keeps the lightness for quick defensive manouvrability ?- the diamond x2 ap?

14. syd04

syd04 Regular Member

Hi drowsysmurf,
    I have to disagree with the above. I think info provided by seller is crucial in any business.
    For a racket, apart from weight, the flexibility and balance are also important.
    A lot of ppl trust the recommendation and explanation given by sellers. Not everyone is like us, browsing and scrapping for info before buying.:D

15. syd04

syd04 Regular Member

Hi RSLCanada,
    do you have any spec for the new series, such as below:

RSL Matrix Pro 168
    RSL Nano Light 76
    RSL Matrix Chrome Flex 55
    RSL Matrix Chrome Flex 77
    RSL Matrix Flextra 83
    RSL Matrix 4.5
    RSL Matrix 2.5
    RSL Matrix Calibre 7
    RSL Matrix Titan Pro 500

My friend is looking for a high flex, (very) light weight and even balanced RSL racket.
    Really appreciate it.

Tks.

*sorry, don't know how to change colour of text.

#755 syd04, Jan 15, 2008
    Last edited: Jan 15, 2008
  16. drowsysmurf

Make ppl happy O_O
    sorry... after using many rackets, the only thing that matters for me nowadays is weight, the flexibility matters only if ur hand hurts easily. the stiffer the racket, the harder it is on ur hand due to typically more vibration absorbed by ur arm as opposed to a flexible racket. it is true that flexible racket gives a weaker player a better snap, but i've found that a typical player would not feel much. if your are an avid player then you probably would have picked up the racket, swung it a bit, bend the racket a bit and decide whether you feel it is right for you. Feel of the racket when you hit is what's important, if the feel isn't right, the racket isn't right for you. flex or not ... you won't know the right feel till you actually use the racket for awhile. itz just my opinion.

17. drowsysmurf

Make ppl happy O_O
    oh yeah... i switch back and forth nowadays between 6900 and x2 FP... i still like the x2 FP because of the weight, it allows me to have faster reflex to shuttle contact time as opposed to the 6900. the flex hasn't affected my game much, but they're both technically progressive medium flex but there's still variance within this classification of flexibility.

18. drifit

drifit newbie

PM
    drowsy commented me is a weak weak player.......:(
    :crying::crying::crying:

19. drowsysmurf

Make ppl happy O_O
    i didn't say ur a weak player. just a weaker player in terms of wrist snap -_- i'm sure ur great in strategy and making ur opponents run around. and ppl like me can't run so i'm trying to go for more wrist snap. make my forearm sore =P

20. drifit

drifit newbie

PM
    u did... u did..... :mad:
    i am no great player. but after using good RSl racket, now, been able to make opponents run a bit. not run around......:crying: poor drifit.... poor drifit.....
    drowsy, when will you be back here??
    maybe we can go for some 'teh tarik' and badminton too......:D:D:D