Yonex Nanoflare 800 Pro (NF800PRO) - Dec 2023

Discussion in 'Badminton Rackets / Equipment' started by Cycril, Jun 13, 2023.

1. d_tao

d_tao Regular Member

Sporting Goods Shop Owner
    800Pro 3u or 4u is slower thn 1000Z?

2. d_tao

d_tao Regular Member

Wowww SOMEbody was not loved as a child!
    Or is in a bad mood lol….We are sorry you are so angry.

Not dumb at all, especially since he reviews rackets professionally, fully, thoroughly and properly ‍♂️
    Additionally, of course I look at other reviews not just one and I actually play with the actual racket and judge for myself.

3. d_tao

d_tao Regular Member

***PSA***
    People, PLS whenever you post a review or any info of any racquet:

***Include the WEIGHT, STRINGS and TENSION***

Tension was incl. in above review but ya forgot the weight.
    Pls n thank you.

4. d_tao

d_tao Regular Member

ALSO, any GRIP info/mods like what and how many grips did you add to the original does affect the balance and feel of the rackt.

5. NickifiedNg

NickifiedNg Regular Member

Yea i never seen ken (PoisonCobra) as a relevant racket reviewer. I just watch his videos for the lols.

pootisfoib, Bieffe and raven1121 like this.
  6. ucantseeme

ucantseeme Regular Member

Z-Force II
    IMO this is obvious but it seems that a few didn't understand. There are roughly two types of reviewers.

The guys who test rackets from various brands bought with their own hard earned money and sold 2nd hand when they don't like could also be loyal to a favorite brand, but still they can say anything that they want and this is what most people are looking for: An independent and honest impression regardless if the product is good or crap. From members for members. This is why BC is so great!

There are also reviewers that are influencers/brand ambassador and get the rackets by the brand or a bigger shop they recommend and advertise. They can be also sponsored players or related in any other way and want to avoid that a brand/shop will be harmed.
    The brands/shops give the demos to them to get something: Marketing hype for a product from a person who seems to be a buddy of the buyers. The shop also want that their provided demo gain something for them - more orders at the shop. There will be agreements between both.
    So if this type of reviewers criticize too much this will result with their reach to shelf warmers or harm the sells. The result will be that brands and shops won't provide any demos anymore to them because it will harm their business and the reviewers don't have any content anymore. I don't want to say that they lie, but they will have reasons to conceal downsides, durability issues or exaggerate how great the product is. I take them just with a pinch of salt.

BadmintonDave and raven1121 like this.
  7. Maru

Maru New Member

Finally got some time to test my racket the other day, here are some general thoughts. I've been playing with the NF800 4U for 1/2 years now, recently swapped to a NF1000z 4u for more backcourt power.

Racket setup:
    NF800 Pro 4U
    26/28lb with NBG95/Aerobite hybrid.
    Overgrip applied over factory grip.

Flat exchanges with this racket is crazy and couple step up from the NF800. The OG NF800 felt fast and very responsive, but the NF800P added additional power behind each shot without feeling like it's slower. Drives are effortless, and definitely the 'wow factor' of this racket.

Power wise. While it is no NF1000z, it's definitely an improvement over the NF800. I don't need to generate as much swing speed as I did on the NF800 to get the same result. Control-wise, it also felt easier to place the shuttle where I want them. During smashes, the added power is quite welcomed for all front/mid court attacks. While backend power has improved, don't expect to dish out any decisive smashes against experienced opponents.

Overall, I'm surprised at how easy it was to adapt to the racket. I'm left wondering why they didn't name this as the NF700Pro since it's quite diff from what the NF800 is. At this point, I'm very curious to test the 3U variant of the NF800P. I'll most likely be selling my NF800s, but I'll take more time to evaluate between the 800Pro and 1000z

8. SaxoProf

SaxoProf Regular Member

Professor
    4U

9. frostcone

frostcone Regular Member

I thought NF800 would have more power since it's head heavier than NF800P. Maybe NF800P's increased power comes from the increased swing speed?

10. Groudon

Groudon Regular Member

Hi was wondering have you tried the 3U version of the 800 pro? I am still juggling which one to buy, personally I played with lining 9000c and victor jetspeed s12-2, finding smtg in between. thanks!

11. Maru

Maru New Member

Unfortunately not, I ended up trading my 800P 4u for another 1000z 4u as I wanted more fire power from the backcourt. I've been trying to get a 800P 3U from Asia but inventory are hard to come by, and buying locally in Canada costs about 30% more so I'm not in a hurry haha.

pootisfoib likes this.
  12. Thehoilord

Thehoilord Regular Member

compare to my racket that I have
    Smash
    Astrox 100zz > NF 800pro >= NF 700

Speed (swing)
    NF 800pro > NF 700 > Astrox 100zz

Drive
    NF 800pro >= NF 700 > Astrox 100zz
    NF 800pro has more agile than 700 a little bit but, returning smash shot I think 700 can do better.
    Midcourt and frontcourt of 800pro is good as they promoted this racket can excel best around here meanwhile you have to put a bit more effort on smashing.

If you have 700 already you can keep it unless you want to try new racket, but If you come from others I suggest you to try 800pro

atone and Bieffe like this.
  13. Schultzier

Schultzier Regular Member

I have sustained a horrible back injury and have not been able to play this beloved sport for a few months now. As its time to slowly get back into the game, im contemplating buying a 1000z 4u or a 800pro as a token of a new start.

Has anyone here palyed with both of these little treats? Is the 800pro head lighter than the 1000z? Is the 1000z really that unforgivable as people say? Ive played with my very old head light 380sharp prior to my injury and found it very fun, a cheaper and slightly head lighter version of the NF800. I like my old NF-Sharp as it was just quick enough to allow me to fill in my planning deficit with reactive speed. I want something similar from my new racket and have a hard time deciding between the 1000z and 800pro.

Ive tried my friends Arcsabre 11, so for reference, does the 1000z feel similar to an Arcsabre? Or is it still quite light and fast? Im having a difficult time imagining how the 1000z might feel like from the things ive read about it so perhaps someone could chip in :D

14. pootisfoib

pootisfoib Regular Member

800pro feels like a stiffer 700, which is why people say it should be called 700pro. 1000z feels totally different from 11pro. It has a bit more headweight than 800pro, but even more repulsive and stiff. 1000z is definitely demanding and I would recommend 800pro over it for most players.

15. Valxen

Valxen Regular Member

Advisor
    racket setup

Nanoflare 800 Pro 3UG6
    Bg66 Ultimax 28lbs

About me: intermediate player who's played on university teams, local leagues and tournaments, several years of regular 1:1 coaching

I found this racket to be pleasantly surprising, it is fast and really shines at countering, quick repulsion on this racket is VERY nice

I would describe this racket as an aerodynamic crowbar. The stiffness is noticeable but it can hit hard

todjo likes this.
  16. AdamMorin

AdamMorin Regular Member

So I'm in a weird place and you may have an answer or insight.

I use the TKFE and looking for something easier on my shoulder. I picked up my friend NF700 and the transition was seamless, despite me not even knowing it was a 5U. So I bought one to play some more. Now that I am playing more with it, I still really like it but it just feels a tad too flexible for me.

I've hit with my buddies 800Pro he just bought and it just felt too stiff and light, the 2 factors together just felt wooden planky too me and I struggled to generate power with my shoulder.

Would the NF800 OG be somewhere between the NF700 and NF800P? Wondering if the NF800 would be in the realm I am looking for or way out to lunch. I feel like rackets don't progress like they used to. Everything is all over the map

17. Bieffe

Bieffe Regular Member

Engineer
    Sorry OT alittle but I think Victor 100x will suit your style very well.

Sent from my SM-S918B using Tapatalk

18. neverdien

neverdien Regular Member

I have NF800 and NF800pro, both in 4u.

If you already struggle with the pro, the OG would give you an even harder time.
    NF800 has smaller racket head, smaller sweet spot, might be more headlight and stiffer.

Agree with Maru that NF800pro should be called 700pro instead.

19. AdamMorin

AdamMorin Regular Member

Interesting.

Yeah I find rackets very hard to follow these days. It used to be "I have the Nanospeed 5000, I just want a little more. Great Nanospeed 7000 fits the bill. I've outgrown my NS7000, time to upgrade to the 9900"

It was so linear. Now there are rackets like Auraspeed and Nanoflare where none of them even feel similar....like if they weren't labeled you would think they were even different brands and lines.

20. Sensates

Sensates Regular Member

If the NF800pro you tried was a 4u try the 3u version. I find it easier to use than tkfe.