YONEX SWISS OPEN 2022

Discussion in '2022 Tournaments' started by Baddyforall, Mar 22, 2022.

1. Baddyforall

Baddyforall Regular Member

Simeon, arjevo, CLELY and 2 others like this.
  2. extremenanopowe

extremenanopowe Regular Member

Chief Coach. The best and still active.
    www.extreme-power.org or xtremexn.blogspot.com
    Exciting. Its open. ;) lots withdrawals. Even lky. Expected. ;)

3. RedShuttle

RedShuttle Regular Member

These tournaments are becoming super-spreader events. Hope most of them have been vaccinated and nothing serious will occur.

Justin L likes this.
  4. RedShuttle

RedShuttle Regular Member

Courts 1 & 2 are being streamed on YT, a bit of good news under the trying circumstances.

5. terrynguyen121988

terrynguyen121988 Regular Member

I got Covid 19 last month, maybe Omicron.

3 first days were bad. After a week I feel OK.

Wish the best recovery for players who got Covid 19.

#5 terrynguyen121988, Mar 22, 2022
    Last edited: Mar 22, 2022
  6. stanleyfm

stanleyfm Regular Member

Which players got covid?

7. nokh88

nokh88 Regular Member

Badminton Trainee
    LKY, according to some members.

8. nokh88

nokh88 Regular Member

Badminton Trainee
    I am surprised to see VA taking part. Usually winners of AE will skip Swiss Open.

9. terrynguyen121988

1 Malaysia XD pair (they withdrawn), Loh Kean Yew (I see him on the draw and now his position was changed to another name), Tai Tzu Ying, Sapsiree and the whole China team.

Tunjung was announced as a positive case. Before All England, Christie was positive, and I guess that a lot of Indonesia players can be infected.

I believe that the list can be longer.

I'm worry to Watanabe, especially Higashino, she hugged Huang Dongping after final match.

#9 terrynguyen121988, Mar 22, 2022
    Last edited: Mar 22, 2022
  10. extremenanopowe

extremenanopowe Regular Member

Chief Coach. The best and still active.
    www.extreme-power.org or xtremexn.blogspot.com
    So sad to see Indian vs Indian in 1st round. Shd swap it. I stay in Sg and I heard in the Radio saying LKY got covid and withdrew.

Looks like Brian Yang is in the same half as Viktor. I bet this time BY will beat Viktor. ;) Lets see how well BY holds up in the early rounds. He pay need to clear Indian player or Indonesian. Not easy ;)

11. Wateva Guy

Wateva Guy New Member

BY is like Akane, always has this sad look while playing. Very rarely do you see them smile lol. They should make babies together.

12. CLELY

CLELY Regular Member

BWF statement regarding of massive player's withdrawal from Yonex SUI Open 2022 : https://bwfworldtour.bwfbadminton.com/news-single/2022/03/22/bwf-statement-on-yonex-swiss-open-2022/

Tuesday, March 22, 2022
    TEXT BY BWF STAFF

The Badminton World Federation (BWF) can confirm there have been a number of COVID-19-related withdrawals at the YONEX Swiss Open 2022.

Several players from a number of Member Associations tested positive on their pre-arrival test and arrival test and have been removed from the draw.

Chinese Badminton Association reported a few positive cases as well as some injuries to players in their team. Citing concerns to the welfare and safety of all participants at the tournament, Team China have subsequently withdrawn all their players from the YONEX Swiss Open 2022.

Several players and pairs have since been promoted to the main draws. Competition commences today at 1pm local time. Click here for the Order of Play.
    _____

*Loh Kean Yew, An Se-Young, Gregoria Mariska are among those who have tested positive for COVID-19.

13. CLELY

CLELY Regular Member

Women's department lack its lustre in SUI Open 2022, suffering the most following a string of top players had withdrawn, contrasting situation with previous starry cast S300 tour at Mulheim an der Ruhr. It'll be major upset if the Indian mega star couldn't nail WS crown here while Stoeva sisters and Thai #1 duo will be the potential contender to earn top prize.

Axelsen on his run to chase another victory in Basel, the badminton posterboy will skip back-to-back KOR tours in next couple of weeks and possibly to concentrate on European Championships at late April before heading to Bangkok for Thomas Cup. How long his endurance will persist, interesting to wait. Two Indonesians that produced nothing but lousy quality in GER & AE are expected to make amends here.

The intriguing encounter between newly-minted All England champions Fikri/Maulana and Rankireddy/Shetty should be opening round match highlight followed by Kititharakul/Prajongjai against IND latest talents Jolly/Pullela who scored noteworthy result in Birmingham last week.

Competition Schedule
    upload_2022-3-23_9-54-12.png

14. Cheung

Cheung Moderator

wannabe badminton phototaker
    Same here. Recovered by day seven. Delta can be a longer recovery.

terrynguyen121988 likes this.
  15. Baddyforall

Both Aswini Ponappa and Sumeeth Reddy look like amateurs in front of Frenc duo. Wow. Their defense is like that of a kid.

16. nokh88

nokh88 Regular Member

Badminton Trainee
    Recovered on the 3rd day onwards but 1st and 2nd day were mild cough and sore throat with 2 times fever.

Cheung likes this.
  17. Baddyforall

Even i recovered in 2nd day itself. One time fever for me and that's all.

terrynguyen121988 and nokh88 like this.
  18. om patel

om patel Regular Member

Why isnt there a tournament for xd ,wd and md where you either pick a partner or bwf randomly picks but from your own country maybe just total random , and play bracket rounds of 32 . Have a high payout so players willing to play. I think it be fun and very entertaining seeing random partnerships !

19. terrynguyen121988

You mean Lee Chong Wei partner with Lin Dan, or Tai Tzu Ying partner with Lee Chong Wei, or Momota partner with Lee Zii Jia ???

Their are some show at the end of year, when tournaments finished. But I'm afraid players will just play for fun.

I have an idea that the winner team of Sudirman Cup/Thomas Cup/Uber Cup will fight with a dream team that was chosen to fans (audiance) from lost teams, after they win the Sudirman Cup/Thomas/Uber.

for example China won Sudirman Cup 2019, and after 1 or 2 rest day, they will fight againse to a dream team include:

Momota - Viktor - Ginting
    Tai Tzu Ying/Yamaguchi
    Watanabe/Kevin
    Fukushima/Hirota - Lee So Hee/Shin Seung Chan
    Jordan/Sapsiree

The dream team will be chosen by fans/audiance by votes.

#19 terrynguyen121988, Mar 23, 2022
    Last edited: Mar 23, 2022
  20. Baddyforall

Satwik/ chirag defeated the All England Champions. But I have to say that they are far from their best when they were keep on beating Li/Liu and Yuta/Endo in 2019.
    At the end of game 3, when leading 20-16, indian pair made 2 mistakes and the score was 20-18, at that time coach seemed to have adviced them to take a moment. So, satwik kept rubbing his feet on the floor and got a yellow card. But fortunately, won the next point. It seems working. But I must say why coaches are advicing such delaying tactics which are not good for the sports. I have even seen some coaches advice players at critical times to get a towel break showing some signs. These may be good for them but they forgot lakhs of people are watching them live. Lol

Anks likes this.