who is the most polite player??

Discussion in 'Professional Players' started by sweetluv, Aug 25, 2005.

1. legendarycroc

legendarycroc Regular Member

school
    is lindan and taufik?
    Ps. does peter gade speak english?

2. w3wmfhe

w3wmfhe Regular Member

peter gade..candra wajiaya...

3. ctjcad

ctjcad Regular Member

Mrs. Kuncoro,
    (yg arek Suroboyo ini), he's very low-key and reserve type. Doesn't speak much but very friendly and open..

4. ctjcad

ctjcad Regular Member

for these 2 guys, hard to tell. But from what i experienced in the recent WC, lindan doesn't seemed that polite. Seemed a bit reserved and rarely smiles also. Taufik is a quiet, cool type. Rarely smiles/laughs but can ease himself well. Kind of polite but depends on mood also. I think he seemed a bit too "image-conscious"..

5. Quasimodo

Quasimodo Regular Member

I can't believe no one's mentioned him. Sigit Budiarto's got to be the most polite guy. On the court at the very least. Just watch him whenever he hit someone with the shuttle. I've never seen anyone so apologetic. ;)

To legendarycroc: Peter Gade speaks English fluently. I've heard him gave interviews and I heard him spoke to someone in English at the WC (i.e., the World Championship not the water closet :p).

6. BoboTheBadder

BoboTheBadder Regular Member

Student
    Oh yeah! Sigit! My parent's friend's just had a baby, and Sigit took the time to play with the baby and take pose for pictures right after his match.

7. ctjcad

ctjcad Regular Member

Hmm, don't have much exposure with Peter Gade. First time met him was 3 yrs. ago at the recent US Open. Not very talkative but approachable enough. At that time, i was requesting a pic for a friend of mine and he said he had to go "cool off" himself first.
    As far as Candra, hmm one word, reserved. Perhaps like Sigit, he is not young anymore. Polite, yes, but I hardly hear him talk much esp. in this WC. He's plain and simple, kept to himself and is not one that want to inititate any conversation, BUT approachable and friendly. He's not one to start any conversation, but if you asked him for an answer esp. in interview, he can talk and talk for quite a bit.. :p

#27 ctjcad, Aug 25, 2005
    Last edited: Aug 25, 2005
  8. ctjcad

ctjcad Regular Member

Hmm, Sigit is quite similar to Candra. Pretty reserved, esp. considering their age, not young anymore. Quite approachable and friendly, but doesn't speak much, esp. after the matches for the interviews, prefers to just walkaway from the reporters..Both he and Candra seemed quite cohesive on and off the court..

9. Vtec101

Vtec101 Regular Member

Printing
    Peter Gade is one of the most approachable that I saw at the WC. Always smiled and never looked irritated when someone goes up to talk to him.

10. Badmincraze

Badmincraze Regular Member

Though i've yet to meet Sigit in person, but on screen, he has always given me the impression to be meek, reserved n rather polite... :rolleyes: Looks like he's not agitated easily as during one match in WC (forgot quarters/semis), Candra wanted to argue wif the line judge over a serve, but Sigit pulled him away ( signalled Candra to calm down n continue wif the game )... i was really impressed! :p

11. johnps

johnps Regular Member

The image the Danish players project to fans are usually one of politeness and friendliness. However, sometimes the language/vulgarities some of the Danish players use when they deal with players from other countries, even to top lady players, can really shock most of us.

12. Dill

Dill Regular Member

Lazy git (my coach can verify this)
    Surprised no one has mentioned Jonas as he regularly gives up his time to help out the folks here and the monies from his auctions go to charity, he never refuses anyone and always welcomes people from here to come up and talk to him.

Also Craig Robertson (Scotland) is a very nice chap who didn't hesitate to give up one of his courts to a friend on this forum when he was caught out after a booking mix up.

13. ju4nn

ju4nn New Member

how about tony gunawan? seems very humble and polite.
    peter gade is really nice...

14. Mrs Kuncoro

Mrs Kuncoro Regular Member

really? i knew it hehehe
    i know this sounds strange but when did speak , what kind of voice does he have? and also what kind of things does he usually talk about even though he doesnt speak very much?
    i want to know more about him , and if you love him as much as i do you will understand hehehe
    thanx

15. aiyuuw

aiyuuw Regular Member

good 'ol student
    taufik on talk show

taufik is on tv, on a talk show called "famous to famous", basicly he sits there along with mulyo, agum, and xd coach (richard), as for lilyana and nova, theyre not there , the interviewer said they are 'pulang kampung' or going back to their hometowns, but still, they are there via phone, taufik is chatty and polite, and of course all smiles, so the rumors that hes rude may not be true
    taufik said he envied nova and butet, he wants to go home too, lol:D (he looks so cute)
    nova says he gets lots of ducks (yea, ducks) from people around him at his hometown (apparently nova is on the road)
    the interviewer asks nova whose face was in his mind when he finally managed to captured the gold, and he said,,,nobody!lol:D
    and some phone calls coming, some guy asks about taufik getting married, a girl asks his fan club address (it turned out he didnt have any:eek: ), but most of them congratulate them, oh, and some housewife called and she said she had a promise that she would make rendang padang (indonesian food) for taufik if taufik won, and she planned to send it to pbsi
    so i say, taufik IS polite, and hes charming, not to mention a joy to watch, he looks so different that what we used to see:D , cool
    and when a caller said "taufik, im your fan", the interviewer softly murmured "who isnt?", lol:D

great interview, lots of laugh, taufik is all smiles :D makes me love him more("is" not "was" becos its still on)

#35 aiyuuw, Aug 26, 2005
    Last edited: Aug 26, 2005
  16. Quasimodo

Quasimodo Regular Member

So, butet == Lilyana? :)

17. JumpingSmash

JumpingSmash Regular Member

But yesterday I saw Taufik on an infotainment and he is quite rude
    Because it is hard for me to express the rudeness in English so I will write it in Indonesian (sorry for you that don't understand Indonesian)
    wawancaranya kurang lebih begini gua ga inget persis :
    "Taufik, Anda kelihatan lebih tenang (ga temperamental maksudnya) di WC05 ini, kenapa bisa begitu ya ??"
    trus dijawab, "Emanknya kenapa sih kalo saya lebih tenang ?? Pada ga seneng ya ? Bukannya bagus kalo saya lebih tenang ?"
    Kasar ga sehhh ????

18. juz_me

juz_me Regular Member

for me i think its wch too... he's so nice and also a vry funny guy i would say ...;)

19. w3wmfhe

w3wmfhe Regular Member

joans...i hv never see him around thought out the tournament.....at WC..
    craig robertson..sorry...i don't recon him

20. edwin

edwin Regular Member

Computer Programmer
    Surprised that nobody has mentioned JR so far. It's so nice of him to come to this forum to chat with us.

Edited: sorry. I missed Dill's post earlier. My vote still goes to JR