APACS fan club

Discussion in 'Badminton Rackets / Equipment' started by clearng, Dec 13, 2006.

1. leowls

leowls New Member

Thinking of getting it but if you top up a bit more you can get a used astrox 88S or D. I'm not sure whether to jump the gun.

2. Razor-BladE

Razor-BladE Regular Member

Personal Trainer
    Only played 2 hours of Honor 200 yesterday so still adjusting to it, but I can say for sure it's quick! Very manouverable and very good at defence, even if you get to the shuttle a bit late, because it's so easy to move, you can still perform a somewhat decent lift.

I'm not sure if it's just me not quite getting the timing right on the smashes, but it definitely feels a bit lacking in smashing power, even compared to my BS 09N.

I'll see in a couple of weeks if my thoughts are still the same.

3. Peng88s

Peng88s Regular Member

Thank you for your review !!

4. leowls

leowls New Member

Ko seems to be unhappy with the assailant pro in this match...

5. Peng88s

Peng88s Regular Member

Can you compare between Assailant Pro vs TKF? Thank you.

6. ZDK1213

ZDK1213 Regular Member

IT professional
    So, I have officially joined the Honor bandwagon :D
    Good move for APACS to correct the "etra" slip of the H800EP. I hope they do the same for "specialit" on the Assailant Pro.
    Am doubly excited get these ready, have a go and see which fits my game.[​IMG][​IMG]

Sent from my LG-H990 using Tapatalk

badmintony and Carbonex_7 like this.
  7. Tantrum

Tantrum Regular Member

Welcome to the club! You'll love the speed of the H200. Power is average but if you hit the sweet spot, you can still get decent power smashes. For defence and control, it will be hard to find other rackets that can compare at this price range.

ZDK1213 likes this.
  8. ZDK1213

ZDK1213 Regular Member

IT professional
    Yes and you guys' insights prompted me to go and experience first hand what H200 has to offer (along with H800EP). Really excited to do perf tests and comparisson. :)

9. leowls

leowls New Member

How's it going with H200?

10. ZDK1213

ZDK1213 Regular Member

IT professional
    Hello. I just got them and the H800s strung with identical strings. I'll be playing everyday from Thursday til Sunday with folks of different skill levels so hopefully i get some good games in and provide my feedback soon.
    Swinging and hitting the shuttle against the wall, i can surely say these will be fast (despite how they sound when cutting through the air).

#6890 ZDK1213, May 14, 2019
    Last edited: May 14, 2019
  11. leowls

leowls New Member

Will you also consider getting assailant pro?

12. ZDK1213

ZDK1213 Regular Member

IT professional
    I was able to try a friend's for several games some time back. I'd say it plays like a head heavier virtuoso performance (similar shaft flex) and has a more solid feel overall. Good all-around racket but am not considering because my OC-ness can't get over the "specialit" label :D

P.S.
    For reference, I am coming from both virtuoso performamce and an off-spec (head heavy) 4U LHI PRO

13. leowls

leowls New Member

Another video of the assailant pro in action. This is the latest.

14. ZDK1213

ZDK1213 Regular Member

IT professional
    I finally got a good amount of level doubles games with H200 and here are my observations:

From the back:
    Clears - Surprisingly, i didn't feel any shortage in length with my clears. End to end shots were almost effortless. Punch clears are also a breeze and have good pace when played.

Smash - As with the other folks' inputs, do not expect to drop bombing smashes with this. If you have a "wristy" smash then you won't have a hard time executing sharp smashes that move the defense around. The H200 can't kill from the back but it is accurate enough to set your partner up front for the kill.

Slice & drop shots - Need i say more.. Heavenly..

Mid-court:
    Drives & pushes - In my opinion this is one of H200's areas where it excels the most. Due to it's stability and maneuverability, it's very easy to engage in flat, fast exchanges and come out winning. Though you might need 1 or 2 more shots to win the point or to get your opponent to give up their position.

Defense - I am a counter attacking player who likes to engage in long rallies and almost never lifts an opponents smash or drive. Playing defense was so much fun with this that i deliberately went defensive for a full match. Counter attack game felt like i was a shot ahead of my opponents. Caveat is you have to get your timing right and hit the sweet spot (which thankfully is huge) to execute a good shot.

Net play - Can't praise this racket enough.. Fast, stable, accurate, maneuverable.. I wasn't able to execute a lot of spinning net shots but with more time playing with the racket i should be able to generate a good tumble on the shuttle.

If i was to compare this with a mainstream racket, I would say this is a faster 4U Yonex AS11. It has all the stability and accuracy properties of the AS11 but with the swing speed of a 4U Victor BS12 (it doesn't sound fast but it feels fast :) )

My rackets were strung with APACS LHI Signature 66 @ 30lbs.
    BP was at 295-ish for both rackets
    I removed the factory grip and replaced it with apacs overgrip and a myton towel tube grip which i cut according to my handle's length.
    It is note worthy that the shaft is a good 2 to 2.5 mm shorter than a regular racket's.. The grip and cap is longer by 1mm and there is another 1 to 1.5 difference where the frame's throat starts. This could be a factor why this racket feels very responsive despite having a mid flex shaft (or it could all be psychological haha)

For doubles, I think I found my new level doubles racket.
    For singles, I still haven't played with this and will certainly try it out when i get the chance.
    For XD, depends on how my female partner plays, but if it's the traditional mixed play i may look somewhere else (H800 EP)

I hope this helps.

Carbonex_7 likes this.
  15. Carbonex_7

Carbonex_7 Regular Member

Spot on, beautifully writing mate. For H800EP , i do suggest to cut the handle 3mm shorter, it becomes H200 on steroid.

16. badmintony

badmintony Regular Member

I've tried the H800 EP before but was never happy with it. I felt like it lacks the beef I wanted. I'm sticking to my good ol Virtuoso Performance that I truly find fast and furious despite being an old model. This is the only APACS racket that I'm keeping for now

Sent from my JSN-L22 using Tapatalk

17. ZDK1213

ZDK1213 Regular Member

IT professional
    Yes this will be my next project. Your past convos has inspired me to follow your lead.
    Having played some games with the H800EP, i can somehow relate to what you said.

18. ZDK1213

ZDK1213 Regular Member

IT professional
    I agree with you on AVP. It started my liking for apacs after trying it out around 2013-ish (after losing 2 BS12s to clashes). H200 may have replaced it in doubles play but it's still in my bag when i want that good old "feels like home".. Scuffs, dings, paint chips and all :D

19. mater

mater Regular Member

Nomad
    Currenlty have the Visible Hollow 2000. Really like the racket. Looking for another or something similar to it. Play mostly doubles, very little singles.

Are the Visible Hollow line discontinued and no longer available?

I narrowed it down some rackets, how do the following compare vs my VH2000?

Tantrum 200 II might be a bit too stiff for my liking. Lethal 60 II?

Apacs Virtuouso Perfromance (AVP)?

Honor 200?

20. wuzent

wuzent Regular Member

student

Hi,

Apacs had changed their "Visible Hollow" series to "Visible" series, you may check this information at their website.
    http://apacssports.com/product/visible-2000/

I think Apacs still have production for the Visible 2000, but I'm not sure where can get this racket.

I am looking for a replacement for my VH1800 too...

Attached Files: