APACS fan club

Discussion in 'Badminton Rackets / Equipment' started by clearng, Dec 13, 2006.

1. boon_keng

boon_keng Regular Member

your username made me chuckle ...... perfectly describes my higher-ups... hahaha

2. NikBaddy

NikBaddy Regular Member

Someone can correct me but i dont think t200 ii is available anymore is it ?

badmintonpog1 likes this.
  3. badmintonpog1

badmintonpog1 Regular Member

Wannabe
    Yeah, it isn't. I have a friend who is in Vietnam and I believe they have some in stock over there (shopVNB). I reconsidered it and will not get the Tantrum 200ii or 200. I'd probably get the Apacs Pro Commander on BadmintonBay, which they have in stock (?). Maybe later~

4. momimoza

momimoza New Member

I was surprised to see t200 at my local badminton shop in Malaysia. There were 2 rackets on display. I just broke my t200 2 weeks ago. But i want to try the z fusion. The description make it sound like nanoflare with a little bit HH.

5. Edmund96

Edmund96 Regular Member

-
    Any user reviews for nano fusion speed 722? i am thinking of getting them. How much power does this racket generate for smashing? I heard it is very fast for drives

6. nprince

nprince Regular Member

Engineer
    Friends,

Big fan of APACS for their value proposition. But off late many APACS rackets broke near the handle. So now down to just one from APACS (Virtuoso performance-which is my go-to racket on must-win games), Other Rackets are Yonex Astrox 88S pro, Astrox 99, Acsaber 11 play.

Earlier it was Tantrum 200/300 for doubles & Lethal 70 for Singles. Those rackets were terrific but stopped using them due to unavailability in Bangalore.

Now looking to add one or two rackets from APACS. Virtuoso has vanished from shelves. Available rackets are Lethal 60(3), Tantrum 200 (3) tantrum 500, tantrum X, and assailant pro.

My question is, which one of them is the stiffest, most stable frame, and most durable? Thanks in advance!

7. pathan

pathan Regular Member

musician
    I would probably go or Tantrum 500 (not Tantrum 500 iii, which is a little bit more head heavy), or maybe Slayer 99 ii. You're missing out on a racket with a very unique character if you aren't able to find the Slayer 99 ii. You could order than from Malaysia maybe?

8. pathan

pathan Regular Member

musician
    I've been ogling at this Pink colored Nano Fusion 722 lately. Could be a great distraction to annoy the opponent. LOL! I had a black one some 10 years back, and that broke after multiple clashes, and brushing the court surface. It's great for injecting pace into the shots from the mid-court and front court areas, and wonderful for stick smashes. You could still pull off half decent jump smashes if you strung the racket at 26-27lbs, but never more than that. If you get the timing wrong, then you're at risk of shoulder injury. The best performance I got out of this racket was using Toalson Ion 65, Kizuna Z63X and Ashaway Zymax 65 (the obsolete string), and of course BG66 Ultimax. If you have a relatively stiff wrist & arms, and the lacks technique and swing speed, this racket probably isn't for you.

Edmund96 likes this.
  9. pathan

pathan Regular Member

musician
    Just get it from JJSports in Johor. They have all the colors, and it's probably the cheapest price in the world too.

10. Vivek Bagadhi

Vivek Bagadhi Regular Member

Doctor
    Anyone tried the Fantala 6.0 series? Any inputs would be appreciated. Thank you

11. Vijay K R

Vijay K R New Member

I currently use Fantala 6.0 Control (Ex63 at 24 lbs) and 4U Fantala Pro (Ex65 at 25 lbs). Both are excellent rackets. The control version has a normal sized head and 5U. I use the Pro version (small head) when fresh and switch over to the Control version when I start getting tired.

My previous rackets are Li-Ning N9ii, N90iV and Yonex NF800. I also own Yonex Ti-10 Long, Apacs 3U Fantala Pro and Apacs Imperial pro.

12. Vivek Bagadhi

Vivek Bagadhi Regular Member

Doctor
    How would you rate the stiffness of the Fantala control and Pro in comparison to the N9II or nf800. And as per specs the control had compact frame and the speed version had a normal sized head isn't it?
    Would also like to know about a comparison between 3U fantala pro and N9II if possible. Thank you

#7432 Vivek Bagadhi, Sep 18, 2023
    Last edited: Sep 18, 2023
  13. Vijay K R

Vijay K R New Member

I would qualify NF800 as Stiff, N9ii as flexible and N90iv as medium flex. Control's flex is similar to N90iv and Pro is closer to NF800. I found the 3U Pro to be stiffer than 4U Pro.

I stand corrected, though Control's head is slightly longer than Pro it is still compact. Control's handle is about ~1 CM shorter and consequently has a longer shaft than Pro. Control is faster than Pro but lacks the power of Pro.

Pro's head is just about the same as NF800 albeit with a slightly different shape. 4U Fantala Pro is nearly as fast as NF800 and has a better smash. I bought the 3U version for more power but found it was significantly slower, even slower than the 3U N9ii.

Attached Files:

14. Schopenhauer

Schopenhauer Regular Member

15. Tantrum

Tantrum Regular Member

I've only had the first version of this racket. The description and the tech is like that of a Z-Force but it does not play like one.

However it is much more forgiving and easier to play with. If you're a rear court player or singles player, it should suit you.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

16. wjsutanto

wjsutanto Regular Member

Professional Employee
    I own Apacs Ziggler LHI, it plays almost like Z-Force II. small frame and bit head heavy, but the difference is Ziggler LHI has Flex Shaft. I hope this help

Schopenhauer likes this.
  17. gotizyy

gotizyy New Member

Hey guys! Brand new over here, having trouble picking out between the apacs commander 80 and the emperial power, so I thought asking you guys on what you think is more durable, stronger, can last a whole lot more, and just overall what is the superior racket.

I prefer rackets that are in the 78-82 weight, more preferably a little more light weight. I'm not really great at the sport but I can say I got good defensive skills so I guess the question here is what is the superior racket for defensive plays and what is the racket that will last atleast a year or more. (I'm very careful about my rackets and I tend to save money by making it last)

Thats about it, thanks people!

Sent from my CPH2349 using Tapatalk

18. Kapricorn1790

Kapricorn1790 New Member

I want to trade Apacs AVP to something similar to valorous or some other brand in the range of 80 grams or less.
    condition: 9/10. Used only couple of times. Felt its a little heavy.
    Located in calgary, canada.

19. badmintonpog1

badmintonpog1 Regular Member

Wannabe
    Though I don't really have any Apacs rackets, I did get the chance to try my friends Apacs Honor Pro, which Tommy Sugiarto was endorsed to use it. But right now he uses Apacs Versus Pro.

All I can say about the Apacs Honor Pro (In 4U) is that it feels like the Z Force 2. Closest racket I ever played with that is VERY similar to Yonex's Voltric Z Force II. Only difference is that it's more heavy throughout the racket, rather than a heavier head compared to ZF2.