APACS fan club

Discussion in 'Badminton Rackets / Equipment' started by clearng, Dec 13, 2006.

1. Carbonex_7

Carbonex_7 Regular Member

The best bet would be Tantrum 200/300 II. Both have similar spec in shaft stiffness and balance point but Yonex frame design and material used are always unique.

2. alana07

alana07 Regular Member

dear fellow Apacs users, anyone can share their experiences on these 2 rackets H800P and Ziggler LHI Pro II ?
    thanks.....

3. momimoza

momimoza New Member

Hi

I have 2 apacs rackets, a finapi 88 and Tantrum 200 bought years ago.
    I recently came back from retirement (haha) and started playing again and found my mojo again.
    I mostly played double and love to smash. Tantrum have been very good to me.
    Since I have found my mojo back, I am starting to get the itch to buy a new racket. So now here I am trying to find the best of them all (again haha).
    Actually I intended to buy either Duora 10 or Astrox 88D, but cant decide on which one. Suddenly my friend suggested ZF 2 and so many others.. So now I am in dilemma.
    Since Apacs is quite affordable, I am thinking of buying another Apacs racket to fix the urge.
    What would you suggest for an improvement on Tantrum 200? I read theres a lot of rave review on AVP, is it that good?
    I bought Tantrum based on online review alone, and it havent dissapoint.
    Please help
    Thanks

4. Carbonex_7

Carbonex_7 Regular Member

Tantrum 200 II.

5. badmintony

badmintony Regular Member

Welcome back I imagine the AVP would also suit your game coming from a tantrum 200. Although AVP is head heavier than T200, it' surprisingly light enough event hough the specs claim it 87g. I have both rackets but lately I'm loving the AVP more and more given that I prefer head heavy rackets. And now AVP is way cheaper than the T200. You can buy from lazada malaysia for RM135 (frame only).

Sent from my JSN-L22 using Tapatalk

6. momimoza

momimoza New Member

Haha Thanks bro..
    Done ordering AVP..
    Cant wait to get it..

badmintony likes this.
  7. michael5098

michael5098 Regular Member

Has anyone used the Blend Duo 88 before?

8. badmintony

I have a question myself, hope someone can share some answers. Has anyone tried flyweight 10? I'm kinda curious about its specs, 67g only, flexible but with a BP of 340??

9. Ouchie

Ouchie Regular Member

Apacs use carbon handles on the featherweight rackets and they are thin. The majority of the weight saving is from the handle so might explain the uber head heavy balance and the bp will probably reduce a lot once you add 10g of grips to make it feel normal. Unless you have baby hands.

badmintony likes this.
  10. Ouchie

Ouchie Regular Member

Anybody tried the Wave 10 - I wonder if the power amp technology actually works?

11. Keith Teo

Keith Teo New Member

Hi all,

I've been reading up on this thread but am still unsure as to what racket I should get. I'm looking for a racket that is more geared towards singles but it would be great if I could use it for doubles as well.
    I tend to favour smashing and playing from the back end of the court and in terms of skill, I guess i'm more of a high beginner/low intermediate player.
    I've been seeing the AVP and the tantrum 200 II pop up in this thread quite often but am unsure if it would suit my playstyle. Your help would be most appreciated!

12. badmintony

From what I roughly gather from your skills and playing style, I will venture to reco the AVP. I have both AVP and T200II strung similarly, and I find more solidity and satisfaction using the AVP. I find both of them fast enough for quick exchanges but IMO the AVP packs a lot more punch for smashing.

13. Tony

Tony Regular Member

I think you could check lethal 60II (User friendly) or T8000 (Not user friendly though but worth it) T8000 is my current favorite racket after lethal 60II, tantrum 200 II and AVP.
    Lethal 60II is a head heavy racket with very solid feel. This racket become head heavy after i remove its original grip and change it into thin toalson grip. For all around, the power is very big, but the swing sound is slightly dim. Not crisp.
    Tweet 8000 is an even balance racket, very solid and stiff. for smash and defence is great. For clear, you realy need a good skill. In my bag i still have lethal 60 II and AVP. I sold tantrum 200 II due to the feel become heavy after i remove the carbon tape in its handle. I think the carbon is contributing t200 solid feel.

#6873 Tony, Apr 25, 2019
    Last edited: Apr 25, 2019
  14. Razor-BladE

Razor-BladE Regular Member

Personal Trainer
    I've received 2 of the Honor 200 this week :) so I'll see how it plays this weekend. Can't wait!

Tantrum likes this.
  15. badmintony

Goodluck on the Honor rackets. I had the chance to use the H800 EP but sad to say it didn't impress me so it went up for sale. I was impressed more by the AVP now on sale at a very attractive price.

16. leowls

leowls New Member

The specs for assailant pro and commander pro are identical. Is there any difference between them other than the paint job? Is one more stiff than the other? I am using ZF2 4U and apacs ziggler 535. One is too stiff and the other is too light. I hope to find something in between that won't compromise on defense and has decent power in smashing. I'm hoping to get either one of these 2 rackets. If anyone can shed more information about the assailant pro and commander pro, I would be most grateful.

#6876 leowls, Apr 26, 2019
    Last edited: Apr 26, 2019
  17. Martynas

Martynas Regular Member

from looking into the pics it seems that assailant looks to be more aero (top part of the head), and commander just all boxy, but yea shaft bp and stiffness are the same :/ and it seems both have very big/normal sized heads, and that is so 80'ties the same as lining 72 holes...

18. leowls

leowls New Member

seems like they are the astrox 88D and S in the apacs series.

19. Martynas

Martynas Regular Member

miles and miles away, both astrox'es are stiffer and much faster despite 88d being a bit head heavy. don't get me wrong I think both apacs are good rackets, torsion and stability are good, but there is nothing special about them same huge heads same flexy shafts and even BP, if you want speed better get ziggler lhi pro, avp or lethal 10/18, some blend pro, honor 200 if you want good all arounder tantrum 200 II, stardom pro or lethal 60 II for more attacking play

#6879 Martynas, Apr 26, 2019
    Last edited: Apr 26, 2019
  20. Peng88s

Peng88s Regular Member

Assailant Pro anyone?