APACS fan club

Discussion in 'Badminton Rackets / Equipment' started by clearng, Dec 13, 2006.

1. Carbonex_7

Carbonex_7 Regular Member

I have personally witnessed 3 yonex Duora 10 lost to the hands of Apacs. Top end Yonex is fragile, it is a known fact. Use Yonex as you are driving a BMW and Apacs like you are on VW.
    Most Yonex come with a recommended tension of up to 27-28 lb max, some specific top model (Glanz) can be as low as 24lbs, but Yonex do have something that goes up to 35lb, the DG and DX series. Normally any Yonex rackets can be strung higher than recommended tension, it is the strategy of Yonex to prevent too much unnecessary warranty claim. You need much better machine and experienced stringer to do the job then good physical strength and swinging technique to play it.

#6841 Carbonex_7, Apr 1, 2019
    Last edited: Apr 1, 2019
  2. TigerSmash

TigerSmash Regular Member

I don’t have any who use JS12 but I have used 3u JS12 before. I personally think assailant would share a lot of similarities if it were in 3u.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

3. TigerSmash

Has anyone tried commander pro? Also anyone know if tantrum X in uk is the same as tantrum 200-2?

4. Carbonex_7

I am not sure in Pro Commander is in the market yet, haven't seen any ads about it. Tantrum X is a medium stiff 200II, should be similar to Lethal 60II.

5. Ouchie

Ouchie Regular Member

Tantrum X is the T200-2 - different markets have different names for some odd reason. I am also interested in the commander pro, the frame profile looks interesting, a little like li ning turbocharging frames but less direct-copy than the lethal10/bravesword frame.

6. badmintony

badmintony Regular Member

So sad that I'm letting go of my tantrum 200II after 2 years. Still in perfect condition but i find it now light for my liking

Sent from my JSN-L22 using Tapatalk

7. ZDK1213

ZDK1213 Regular Member

IT professional
    Hello Carbonex.
    I would like to get your thoughts as you have experience using Apacs AVP, T200, H200 H800P and H800ET.

In terms of shaft stiffness and head heaviness, how do H200 and H800P compare to AVP? How is the feel in-game?

I am keen on getting H200 or H800P but not sure if it's worth switching from what i am using now.

I came from Victor BS12 then to AVP with a 298mm balance point and enjoy that it is easy to make an array of shots and the swing speed is a bit like BS12.

I am currently using the 4U Ziggler LHI Pro with a 308mm balance point. What I like about the setup is it is relatively stiff and responsive, has a fast swing close to AVP.

I play doubles mostly and singles from time to time and prefer the flat and fast rallies and place the shuttle with pin-point accuracy. Not really consider myself a powerful smasher but generate more of a sharp and fast shot.
    I would say the stiffness and slight head weight equate to responsiveness of LHI Pro is what I enjoy best but I am growing older and slower by the day so I am looking for a less demanding racket but still have enough control, speed and power to still "play decently".

Sorry for the lengthy post it's just that it is rare to see Apacs enthusiasts in the forum. :)

Sent from my LG-H990 using Tapatalk

8. Carbonex_7

Tantrum X has medium stiffness shaft while Tantrum 200 is stiff. T-X has 40T frame while T200 30T frame, spec is different. T300 is the oversea sibling for T200

#6848 Carbonex_7, Apr 2, 2019
    Last edited: Apr 2, 2019
  9. Carbonex_7

See my answer in red.

I would like to get your thoughts as you have experience using Apacs AVP, T200, H200 H800P and H800ET.

In terms of shaft stiffness and head heaviness, how do H200 and H800P compare to AVP? How is the feel in-game?
    All 3 are rated as medium stiffness but H200 has a shorter shaft and racket length so it feels stiffer in play. Honors series are 4U rackets so naturally the head are much heavier to add power to the racket. I like H200 better in defense and control, H800P for continuous smashing ( light weight but slightly slow in maneuverability, that is why i did a small modification to it and will share my review after i clock in enough time) and AVP for all rounder performance and sweetest among the 3 when the hit is connected.

I am keen on getting H200 or H800P but not sure if it's worth switching from what i am using now.
    Front court double H200, Back court double H800.

I came from Victor BS12 then to AVP with a 298mm balance point and enjoy that it is easy to make an array of shots and the swing speed is a bit like BS12.

I am currently using the 4U Ziggler LHI Pro with a 308mm balance point. What I like about the setup is it is relatively stiff and responsive, has a fast swing close to AVP.

I play doubles mostly and singles from time to time and prefer the flat and fast rallies and place the shuttle with pin-point accuracy. Not really consider myself a powerful smasher but generate more of a sharp and fast shot.
    I would say the stiffness and slight head weight equate to responsiveness of LHI Pro is what I enjoy best but I am growing older and slower by the day so I am looking for a less demanding racket but still have enough control, speed and power to still "play decently".
    Sum up the above, H200 is the obvious choice BUT H800 modified version may fit your bill as H800 mod is closer to LHI PRo you currently play, I have mine at 316mm bp, but with a thicker grip, it easily moves to 308mm.

Sorry for the lengthy post it's just that it is rare to see Apacs enthusiasts in the forum. :)

ZDK1213 and boon_keng like this.
  10. Carbonex_7

I let go all my T200II too as it is too heavy for my liking, I am 100% on 4U bandwagon now.

11. Tantrum

Tantrum Regular Member

I think I'll keep mine. For when I play mixed doubles and the odd times I play singles.

12. ZDK1213

ZDK1213 Regular Member

IT professional
    Thanks for this. :)
    Will wait for your review of the mod H800P but seems i'll be very happy with either H200 or H800P

13. mageronix

mageronix New Member

Student
    Hi everyone, I was wondering if the Z-Ziggler or the Blizzard ZZ are more appropriate for me coming from a Voltric Z-Force (ZF1). Thanks!

14. TigerSmash

What makes you choose 4u over 3u?

15. Martynas

Martynas Regular Member

My blend pro S killed two duoras without any visible mark.... and it has thinner profile than nanoflares :)

16. Carbonex_7

I play 100% on double now so speed and less tiring racket is what I after, defensive counter attack and continuous smashing is the key to win in double play today. You practically can't kill with one clean smash today when your opponents are using 4U, 5U or 6U rackets. And those who use ultra light rackets, they know what they have on hand and won't give you a clean smash whole night.

visor likes this.
  17. Carbonex_7

None. ZF1 is stiff and head heavy, both ZZ and Blizzard are medium stiff. Try Slayer 99 II, Virtuoso Pro II or Blend Pro II, those are the handful stiff and head heavy rackets that apacs can offer.

18. Ronster

Ronster Regular Member

Which model plays similarly with a 3U arcsaber11?

19. mageronix

mageronix New Member

Student
    Thank you! I'll take a look at those too then.

20. ZDK1213

ZDK1213 Regular Member

IT professional
    IMHO and based on experience with AS11, the Virtuoso Performance has the closest in-game feel. Fast swing (faster than AS11), mid to mid-stiff shaft and just enough head weight to play all-around.