Mizuno Badminton 2017

Discussion in 'Badminton Rackets / Equipment' started by pizzaboi, Jan 14, 2016.

1. badmintony

badmintony Regular Member

Abugek sports shop in malaysia but only via facebook.

Sent from my SM-J320F using Tapatalk

2. ungangela

ungangela New Member

Hello, i was wondering where i can buy Mizuno's racket in Singapore i went there last time and visited a few stores and i found mostly yonex, lining, victor.

3. hm_andhika

hm_andhika Regular Member

Consultant and Technology Enthusiast
    You can visit queensway shopping centre
    There are many shops there selling Mizuno rackets

ungangela likes this.
  4. Poosay

Poosay New Member

You can try Smash Max at Bedok. They carry an almost complete range of Mizuno racquets. Prices are reasonable too.

Sent from my SM-G955F using Tapatalk

ungangela likes this.
  5. ungangela

ungangela New Member

6. hm_andhika

@pizzaboi bro, are we expecting new JPX series this year?

7. foo.tw

foo.tw Regular Member

It seems that Fortius series is going to have an Update in August.

Fortius Tour is going to have a balance point of 298mm.
    4u Fortius Tour-F is going to have a BP of over 300mm.
    A new family member- Fortius Tour V is coming : 4u only compact frame model.

8. hm_andhika

Prototype X1 is very repulsive racket and I really need to improve my control when using it. I will try Nanogy 99 at 29 lbs

Will share the result next week :D

9. i800Yoty

i800Yoty Regular Member

Got my hands on the JPX LTD, strung at BG80 27lbs. Hope I'm not too late to the post a review. Thought I would give my first impressions on it too (2 hours of play), however I am playing in a completely new environment which is about 15 degrees hotter so will take my own impressions with a pinch of salt.

I'm a front court player and my style of play is to create pressure from the front of the court with intercepts and kills. Counter attacking is my favourite form of defense.

In hand: Coming from a 3U racket to this 87g it is significantly lighter, feels more like a 4U racket to me. I can't help but think this is the main reason for my experiences. Headweight is slightly noticeable when holding the racket still, quick short wrist flicks are enough for you to feel the comfortable headweight. One thing that really shines is how stable this racket feels, there is little torque, and it definitely feels more stable than other yonex rackets I have played with. And yes this racket is fast, not bravesword fast but similar to jetspeeds.

Clears: Clears are decent, I don't feel like there is a racket that can't baseline to baseline clear once you are used to it. But you guys want to hear how the racket performs not me! So it does require timing adjustments as it is a fast frame and a light racket, so your swing does need to be more explosive than most rackets need to get that snappy sound. Hit it in the sweet spot and you will be rewarded with a very crisp and loud snap. Low speed clears are a good test of feeling the shaft's responsiveness as a baseline movement. Interestingly the shaft does not noticeable flex on low speed clears. This racket is very stable.

Drops: Clean drops, the racket is responsive and gives some good feedback so it's easy to control. I can play slightly tighter and more importantly faster drops with this racket.

Drive: Fast. Absolutely no problems here. G5 grip means lots of finger control and you can really drive it back fast and the stability of this racket means it's very accurate. Just be aware if you're not coming from an aerodynamic frame, despite this being a semi aeroframe, you will be framing and off centre hitting a lot of shots.

Net kills: Incredibly easy, light racket, stable and solid hitting platform. I have no questions about taking kills off the net even if I am under pressure. I can pull off a steep angled net kill moving from back court to front court at full stretch, being able to pull off such a shot under pressure is testament to the control of racket head, and speed of the frame. You won't gain any extra power off this racket for net kills unless you have a quick wrist. Very impressed with this racket's performance in this department and a joy to use at front court. Whether this outweighs the drawbacks of a lighter racket and power in the smash is yet to be determined.

Net play: Responsive and stable, head weight at low speeds isn't significant so you lose some awareness of the racket head but makes up for it with the vibrations you feel on contact. I prefer raw feeling rackets compared to the dampened yonex and some of the new jetspeeds feeling.

Defence: Similar department to net kills, very fast and you can place anywhere you want. It's so fast you'll get your racket head where the shuttle is even before the shuttle is actually there. If you want a better defending racket then you'll have to get to the shuttle and have faster reflexes first. This is an incredibly fun racket to play drive returns and net blocks. Makes it easy to play the fancier cross court blocks to the net against a full power smash to set yourself up for that winning net kill.

Smash: This is probably the most read part of a review so I'll try to give as much detail! Firstly, this is the most confusing part of the racket performance. Mostly because it's so fast that I barely hit a single smash on the sweet spot. I consistently hit the top frame on a full power jump smash, this will change with practise with the racket. However, you do definitely feel the lack of torque and stability as the head weight is prominent in a full swing. Moreover, you can feel the shaft really shine here. It's got this very rapid and sharp return phase, it's like a recurve bow upon releasing an arrow. Again you can really fill the stability of the head and shaft with essentially no torque, you'll be able to place this smash anywhere you want (once you get your timing right). I am adjusting to the swing speed but I have a feel that this racket is not a massive, one hit smash but rapid, sharper and accurate smash built for follow ups. These smashes will hopefully be powerful once I actually hit the sweet spot. Again, I need to see if this is a worthy trade off for that front court brilliance.

Overall: One of the most stable rackets I've played with (second only to the MX80). Essentially zero torque. Shaft that is snappy and accurate to a pin. Head weight is comfortable. Fast, probably too fast. Very light, would have really enjoyed this racket a little heavier. You want accuracy, speed and low torque then give this a try. Massive smashes, with older style of lifts, smashes and drops than this is probably not the racket for you, this is more suited to modern front court players. Subject to change once I play with it some more.

Will update with the faster swing departments once I get more used to the racket!

insanity, Okaharu, pizzaboi and 2 others like this.
  10. s_mair

s_mair Regular Member

Nice review! Such a shame that this racket is so hard to get around here. :(

11. hm_andhika

@i800Yoty Nice review bro. Good to know more people started to like JPX LTD
    @s_mair There are few shops in Malaysia, Hongkong and Taiwan that could ship the racket to European countries

12. s_mair

s_mair Regular Member

So far, I haven't seen the LTD in my usual shops like e78 or Racquetforce. I know that E-Link is supposed to have it, but their online shop is just a joke tbh. And also, with shipping and import tax, the price just makes the racket a lot less interesting all of a sudden. No idea why Mizuno is limiting the distribution of the rackets to only that few coutries when you can buy their shoes and other products easily all around the world.

13. badmintony

badmintony Regular Member

There's one shop called Abugek Sports that sells this racket for a very reasonable prize. It's only via facebook though and afaik, payment terms could be via western uniom although there's another way that i forgot already.

Sent from my SM-J320F using Tapatalk

14. i800Yoty

i800Yoty Regular Member

Apparently Mizuno is not shipping the JPX LTD to Hong Kong til late September. As far as I'm aware there's only Gala Sports that stocks it in Singapore. It's a very hard to get racket!

15. Martynas

Martynas Regular Member

for example I will be buying stuff only from manufacturers which have good and their own online shop (so far only two are like so), it is not some 70's anymore to use freaking local dealers and smugglers...

16. Poosay

Poosay New Member

Smash Max sells a pretty wide range of Mizuno racquets too!

Sent from my SM-G955F using Tapatalk

17. salepang

salepang Regular Member

Ch1k0, can you share about altius tour? you owned it right?

or anybody can review about altius tour..

thanks..

18. ThangPham

ThangPham New Member

Jpx LTd or Js10 :(. Help me. I play doubles. I like smash and fast.

19. Azrin Spurs

Azrin Spurs New Member

I already have Ltd, technix 1.2 and 8.5... atm my weapon is Ltd and 1.2... Ltd is definitely an attacking racquet suitable for those like to play midcourt and baseline.. 1.2 is more like all rounder racquet with excellent repulsion... 8.5 still experimenting ... I find need extra strength to do baseline to baseline or lifting defence to baseline but excellent in doing net drop and net drop/tap.

Trying to get x-1 but abuqek don't sell it ,. Coming from yonex users , 1 thing I notice is that mizuno racquet are more solid feel than other brands... no vibration. Since using never have tennis elbow problem again even though it labels as Stiff..

Sent from my TA-1004 using Tapatalk

20. Azrin Spurs

Azrin Spurs New Member

And talking about new mizuno racquet..is this true pizzaboi?? [​IMG]

Sent from my TA-1004 using Tapatalk