Is BAM going in the right direction?

Discussion in 'Malaysia Professional Players' started by cobalt, May 22, 2011.

1. Petersen

Petersen Regular Member

I recall MF had many Clashes with Team Denmark in the 00 among other he was fired as Peter Gades coach after 6 weeks, it never came out why,, only that both MF and PG was disappointed about it due they had a great cooperation together..
    I think MF spot out his very own talents from a younger group of players, those player aren't always on the administrations white list coz they wont give any results right here and now

alien9113 and Cheung like this.
  2. Cheung

Cheung Moderator

wannabe badminton phototaker
    I suggest getting support from the outside first and establish your customer base for the food stall.

3. yayachico

yayachico Regular Member

I'm not saying he is not professional, nothing like that. Its just that he does not get the respect he deserved. I'm just saying that he is not a malaysian but he committed his all to BAM, helped malaysia to produce olympic medalists and what does he get in return? no respect from the team and upper management but a bunch of boycotts that start from mens singles dept. The motivation is just not there anymore to continue. MF has been wanting very badly to help bring malaysia back to the top, as we all can know from his commentary during matches but all that ends up in disappointment, one after another.

justinloong likes this.
  4. Gigabit

Gigabit Regular Member

Banker
    For one, Malaysian sport will do and fare better without politicians running the sport association.

And no one sportsman and sportswoman is greater than the association or the sport.

5. ngkt67

ngkt67 Regular Member

ya, just like Denmark badminton team, totally no politicians involving...

6. lurker

lurker Regular Member

Asked whether he had met Norza since he tendered his resignation, Frost said: “I have no comments.”

Asked if he was leaving because of his soured relationship with Chong Wei, he replied: “I have no comments.”

Asked whether he was given full mandate to run the show the technical director, he said: “I have no comments.”

“I'm leaving on amicable terms. I’ve given six months’ notice and I’m waiting to discuss some other details. I have no comments on policy or personal questions — it’s not going to bring anything good,” said the Dane.

Read more at http://www.thestar.com.my/sport/bad...r-has-not-been-a-failure/#k6DTrloO3UyTRSuK.99

confirm mouth got shut off if want that severance pay

7. ngkt67

ngkt67 Regular Member

in Malaysia, rumors the people who speak the truths will get 'tong simen'...
    thu MF is wised not to speak anything at all...

8. Petersen

Petersen Regular Member

I hope MF will continue his work as talent scout, and keep on finding raw unspoiled talents, on his list of merits he have Jan Ø. Jørgensen
    MF took him to Århus Elite Club in 07-8 as far I remember. Jan Ø came from a smaller Club in North-DK and was trained up-scaled some few years by MF in Århus Elite Club where MF was the Daily Sports leader. A few years later Jan Ø became the player who drew DK-Badminton throughout some veryvery lean years and kept on promoting the sport and showed the upcoming talents that badminton isn't down-scaled tennis,,more than ever new young players meet again up in the clubs, some of them was passionate and dedicated everything for the sport, and that's is IMO the fresh green grass tiny DK walks around on right now.
    MF was later dismissed From Århus elite club in ultimo 00/ discrepancy without further details,, but If I guess,, it could have been something to do with certain interest groups AGAIN.

9. CIA-99

CIA-99 Regular Member

Something opposition would say. I mean, rumours that Sungai Buloh is innocent.

10. badlove

badlove Regular Member

Court Cowboys

USD20,000 per month is a big pay, should have at least got gold medals they're yearning for. Rexy was making around U$D15,000 a month in his 4 year term with PBSI, but at least he brought 1 Olympic Gold and 3 World Championship Gold.

11. CIA-99

CIA-99 Regular Member

Seems like BAM is really tight on budget.

12. Cheung

Cheung Moderator

wannabe badminton phototaker
    I think smart. Consistent with previous comments. He has never been quoted as saying inflammatory remarks.

13. ownz.uno

ownz.uno Regular Member

Let's see what the future after this.

#2353 ownz.uno, Sep 22, 2017
    Last edited: Sep 22, 2017
  14. wanttoplaydaily

wanttoplaydaily Regular Member

There is no future from BAM if nothing change.

15. renbo

renbo Regular Member

That was when? There is no inflation in Malaysia? 15000 8 years ago is not 15000 today.
    Moreover, is getting gold at Rio was his main objective? He got hired quite shortly before the Olympics, so his influence could not have been the most determinant factor.

16. stanleyfm

stanleyfm Regular Member

He was referring to Rexy's period with PBSI, that is during 2013-2016. And yes, the main goal was to recover the lost gold olympics. Majority of badminton lovers in Indonesia actually believe that he was the significant person in terms of refurbishing athlete managerial in such to support athlete in performing their best and is seen as the key in reclaiming back the gold medal at Rio.

17. renbo

renbo Regular Member

I see, a salary from INA, not MAL. Well, the situation might be quite different in the two organizations, and the economical aspect might differs as well. Better compare the previous technical directors' salary in BAM.

What I was saying was about MF's objectives, not Rexy's. MF objectives, as far as I know (I might be wrong) was to build up a new generation of players. That takes some years. Rio was with old players only, though of course a positive influence there is certainly a good thing too.

18. lasalleguy

lasalleguy Regular Member

wannabe player
    BAM probably spent way too much resources and attentions on LCW, and not enough on the juniors. A high level first tier player takes many years to develope. Look at Japan, head coach Park was hired from Korea, what? more 10 years ago? The Japanese results these days show it self. When was the last time BAM the Thomas Cup? Sudirman cup? Japan won in 2014 beating Malaysia 3-2. Nothing against LCW, I love LCW for all his efforts he put in, but he should leave BAM and go independent like others thus the juniors will get developed. Just an idea .........

19. samkool

samkool Regular Member

too pre-occupied to work
    what is lcw's incentive to leave bam? they pay for everything. would you leave the house that feeds you and start paying your own way? there's no guarantee his sponsors will start picking up his bills... why should they?

20. badlove

badlove Regular Member

Court Cowboys
    If you're referring juniors, then it would probably shown in their juniors during SEA Games on their soil as host and yet it was Thailand (which is currently under Rexy) that took the spotlight. Correct me if I'm wrong, but SEA Games result reflected a lot on Morten Frost's performance hence the hammer might have fallen following their SEA Games failure. They only managed to clinch one gold with Goh Jin Wei (finished 3rd overall), while Thailand emerged as overall champion with 4 gold.