YONEX Voltric Durable Grade (vt7DG vt10DG)

Discussion in 'Badminton Rackets / Equipment' started by Alex_Xu, May 29, 2016.

?

Is it right for companies to encourage higher tensions?

1. Yes

49 vote(s)
    58.3%
  2. No

35 vote(s)
    41.7%
  1. swsh

swsh Regular Member

Student
    Couldn't get it today either (10dg). Apparently it's been delayed by a day again at the dealer (main contact from sunrise). Starting to lose faith and hope tbh.

2. swsh

swsh Regular Member

Student
    I have it finally....... It'll be strung at 35 cross tomorrow. Will it have 1 less on main or 2 less, we'll see but the cross will be 35 atleast for the first time. String used will be 80Power. Same machine as used in the Indian Super Series (thankfully so no issues with tension not being true or something like that) and I'll play with it right away or at most after 10 minutes of it getting strung for a good few hours.

Initial impression from the dry swinging (when it had dummy strings):
    • Much heavier than 4U Voltric Force
    • Very similar to ZF2 I used yesterday for a few shots
    • Noticeably stiffer than force. Shaft comparable to ZF2. It's been a day so maybe I don't quite remember it precisely but it felt extremely similar in shaft stiffness. I can see the appeal.
    • Pinkish red?! My father was head over heels about how beautiful this looked to him colors wise. I can't disagree. Would fit in really well with the same color clothes lin dan wore. You might require some manhood counselling after looking at this.
    • I can't say I'm a big fan of the techy silver accents. Wish it was strictly matt black and matt pinkish red.
    After a few dry swings you know this racket will tire you out. I like this because force after awhile felt like it was perhaps too easy and a challenge is quite intriguing. The shop is the only one I think that keeps most of the victor stuff so I bought two powders from them as well! Instantly reminded me of paul when I entered given how much victor was around me haha. Anyhow, can't wait to test it out with decent tension and report back given I've forgotten about the last experience I had with the 10dg (borrowed) which lasted for only few points.

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

Total expenditure in Rupees:
    Racket - 3950/-
    BG80 Power - 450/-
    Victor Powder - 160 x2 = 320
    = 4720/-

Overall cost for the racket = 3950 + 450 + 150 (stringing which'll be done soon)
    = 4550 which is 1100 off the MRP even after all the things.
    (Decent price overall)

#82 swsh, Apr 27, 2017
    Last edited: Apr 27, 2017
  3. Severus Bolton

Severus Bolton Regular Member

Programmer/Developer
    I have been playing a lot of RSL Millenium Attack 3200 rackets for 2 years. (breaking two of them)
    Is this a strictly better racket?

4. Severus Bolton

Severus Bolton Regular Member

Programmer/Developer
    Chuck Norris

5. Fornax

Fornax New Member

Information Technology
    I bought one after reading Paul's review of 10DG (thank you very much Paul) from Khelmart for equivalent of 70 USD. The racquet came with unnamed strings w/low tension. After about an hour of "testing" at my club, I ordered two more. Playing with stock strings meant clears lacked bite, and smashes werent as fast as I expected, but the overall feel of the racquet was exactly what I wanted. How Yonex managed to produce a DG racquet with thickness comparable to mainstream racquets is best left to experts, I was simply happy to get something close to VTZFII and that too for 1/3 the price.

Please dont get me wrong, I am not a bargain hunter, and have owned a Nanoray 900, and multiple voltric mid range models, all found their way to the basket after breaking mid way. Maybe something about the way I play, or the duration I play (2-3 hrs of doubles).

I have also ordered 3x BG80 and hope to play with VT10DG for atleast an year.

6. Fornax

Fornax New Member

Information Technology
    Three questions
    1. Thats a really great price, where did you get such a price?
    2. Did you get the high tension gutting done? If so, can you share your gameplay experience?
    3. Where do you play?

7. swsh

swsh Regular Member

Student
    1. Sadar Bazar. The prices have been upped now and the new price of MRP is 6150 while one piece now costs 4150.
    2. Yes. It's really not a big deal and the crispness of the string bed is very enjoyable till the string pops. I wouldn't recommend it since you'll be riddled with injuries if you're arm isn't ready for it.
    3. Siri Fort, Delhi.

8. Kento

Kento Regular Member

I own two Yonex Voltric 7 DG racquets. One is strung at 30lbs tension with Aerobite whilst I just bought the other and it still has its BG65 factory strings and 20lbs string tension. I am looking to re-string this with BG66 Ultimax at 32lbs tension and seeing how it plays.

Yes, the Voltric 7DG is a terrific racquet and I bought both of mine at the ridiculously low price of £44.99 from Decathlon in London. In fact, the second racquet was the last Voltric 7DG left in the store. They had been previously retailing at £89.99 but as Yonex are now phasing the Voltric DGs out from their range, this model is fast becoming scarce so buy up as many as you can whilst they are around. Mine are the blue and black coloured racquets with a French distribution code number on them as Decathlon is a French company.

I generate a lot of power by using a very fast racquet swing which is required as this model has a stiff flex shaft.

The high tension on my first racquet demands accurate hitting of the shuttlecock from the very small sweet spot and I am able to do this more or less consistently. The Aerobite string is very good for precise control of the shuttlecock and the head-heavy nature of the racquet means that smashes are brutally strong if done with correct technique. Alternatively, both sliced and wrist smashes are easy to do with this particular model and string combination.