Golden Gate Badminton Club, Menlo Park, CA

Discussion in 'Golden Gate Badminton Club ( GGBC ) (CLOSED)' started by mayst982, Mar 25, 2005.

1. kwun

kwun Administrator

BC Janitor
    so to summarize, this is the fare schedule for the coming few weeks in GGBC:

on and before June 11th : 10am-9pm fee : $5
    June 11th-13th : 10am-11pm fee : FREE
    June 14th - June 30th : 10am-11pm fee: $5
    July 1st onwards : 10am-11pm fee : $10

i hope i got that right. mayst982 please correct the info if not.

2. kwun

kwun Administrator

BC Janitor
    the system is the same as VRC in Vancouver, where some of the organizers used to play in. that reminds me, i forgot to take a picture of the queuing system, ah well.

what you said is correct. all rackets moves down one slot with any court opening up. as for who is responsible for doing that, i guess it is people who cares, ie. the people near the front of the queue.

3. wood_22_chuck

wood_22_chuck Regular Member

Electronics Technologist
    Here's the pic I posted, during LB's visit:

Racket queue.

-dave

4. cooler

cooler Regular Member

Surfing, reading fan mails:D, Dilithium Crystal hu
    i forgot, does each group play 1 game or 1 match on each rotation :confused:

5. Cheung

Cheung Moderator

wannabe badminton phototaker
    I do agree the wall seems a little close to the end of the court. Still look s acceptable though.

Looks very nice to me. Can't really comment on the white ceiling but I'm sure I've played good badminton in worse conditions.

6. lilayzunboi

lilayzunboi Regular Member

I didn't get the queuing system very much either since knowing me and a lot of people, we'll likely forgot. But, maybe we'll learn to just remember instinctively after going there for a while.

As far as white ceiling, I don't find it that bad, but then maybe I'm just used to being in gyms with less than ideal paint schemes(South City anyone?).

7. Urkel

Urkel New Member

Sally Lam and founder Mike Yang will be interviewed on San Francisco-based SingTao Radio (FM96.1) by a mandarin-speaking host from 9 to 10am on Tuesday June 7. Tune in and call the 800 number to ask them to explain the queuing system. ;)

8. mayst982

mayst982 Regular Member

Attached Files:

9. GGmike

GGmike Regular Member

Dear ALL Badminton Friends!!

Hello everyone! Finally I can have the opportunity to write here at the most popular site in the increasingly expanding World of Badminton! We have Kwun to thank for that!

I want to announce that we are going to have our GRAND OPENING on JUNE 11, SATURDAY at 11AM!! I extend our cordial invitation to all of you to attend our Grand Opening or to check out our gym this weekend. Drop-in play is FREE for 3 days from June 11th to June 13th from 11AM to 11PM! Finally, this day I have anticipated so much has arrived and I hope all who love badminton will join us on this auspicious day and play till you drop!

There has been much talk on this site and in the badminton hot lines about our club and I hope you will just come on over and see for yourselves! Beauty is in the eye of the beholder, so no matter what you have heard about GGBC, good or bad, it is better to see and experience it for real! Our goal is to give you the ULTIMATE BADMINTON EXPERIENCE which is our CLUB MISSION! We sincerely hope that we have done our very best to reach this plateau. I really do thank you for your patience and I hope you will come and join us to have some roast pig, hang out and play fanatically at our Grand Opening! We have fantastic courts, great facilities and a resourceful and wonderfully friendly team of Staff. We’ve reached the finish line hand in hand as a team and I hope you will feel our passion for badminton after you experience our club!

We will be there to greet all of you on our opening day! See you then and Thank You once again for your love of badminton! Lets all get the World to PLAY!

Yours Sincerely,

Mike Yang and Ben Lee, Management and Staff

From Golden Gate Badminton Club

10. GGrebecca

GGrebecca Regular Member

Hello All Badminton Lovers,

Here at the GGBC Golden Gate Badminton Club the staff would like to welcome all of you who would like to try out our new badminton club! We are super excited about our club and hope you will come visit us during our Grand Opening and of course our open hours after that! Attached here is the Grand Opening Flyer, our promotions for the Grand Opening month and a letter from our Founder Mike Yang as well as, Co-Founder Ben Lee. We do hope you will come no matter what you are doing over the weekend. All the Staff of GGBC will be ready to greet and play with you! See you then!

Best Regards, Rebecca

PS. Because of anticipated traffic during the opening, court time will be limited to 7 points per game and a 3-minute warm up! Thank you for your patience!

THANK YOU to all fellow badminton enthusiasts who have posted notice of our prices, membership fees and other information on our behalf!

(Sorry, having trouble getting the site to upload the pdf files, will enclose later.)

11. Han

Han Regular Member

Engineer
    Feedback

So any feedback from those who attended the grand opening?

12. B3nny H4nn4

B3nny H4nn4 Regular Member

today was the first time that i went to GGBC when it was fully done. I must say that mike and ben have truly outdone themselves...the gym is BEAUTIFUL! the flooring is excellent and the proshop offers many selections of rackets at a reasonable price. I had alot of fun when i went there because i saw tony gunawan whom i haven't seen since last year and most importantly i met kwun for the first time and i also saw many other celebrities there. I hope that somehow in the near future they can hold national tournaments at GGBC. There were HECKA ppl there today...lol...but the staff contolled it very well and kept everything organized. So yeh...go check it out! They are still having free play tommorow and monday.

13. Chrispywu

Chrispywu Regular Member

haha yah.. it was really controlled.. the really awesome singer-lady was controlling the queuing system- which i must say is pretty organized..

i went both grand opening day and the day after..
    haha because it was FREE!! and i live really close by

i really like the place.. and the best of it is the nice staff.. ^_^

over n out!

14. Cheung

Cheung Moderator

Sounds like a who's who event of badminton!

Any pictures?

15. Cheung

Cheung Moderator

Nobody has ANY pictures?? :crying:

16. lilayzunboi

Check on page 4 or 5 there are pictures there I think.

17. Cheung

Cheung Moderator

Very few people around for a Grand Opening event. :rolleyes:

18. newplayer

newplayer Regular Member

Does GGBC provide free shuttles?

Hi,

In my badminton club, shuttles are provided freely. The rules in my club is such
    that brand new shuttles are for games only and used/old shuttles can be used
    during practice. Does GGBC have similar policies?

newplayer

19. B3nny H4nn4

B3nny H4nn4 Regular Member

haha i dun think so...but dood! if they DID gave out new birdies...that would be sooo expensive! lol

20. lilayzunboi

haha. yep, i was the only other person there... :p