Korea Badminton Scene

Discussion in 'Korea Professional Players' started by blabl, Jan 30, 2016.

1. blabl

blabl Regular Member

So as a conclusion I truly appreciate the sacrifices that all of you have made and the hard work that all of you have put in to play in the semifinals today. Anyway all the best to the Korean players and I wish that all of you will win the matches today although it is going to be very tough. I know that it is indeed not easy because all of you have to skip your grand and one year once great celebration of Chinese New Year to play in this tournament. I deeply and truly appreciate your effort.

Although I know that all the matches today will be very tough, I wouldn't want to wrote off your chances of winning. Today match. Anyway just go all out and play your level best today. I will be there to support all of you today.

2. blabl

blabl Regular Member

The match for today has ended. So here is a summary of Korea performance in Thailand Masters.

MS
    Son Wan Ho didn't play well today and lose to Hu Yun. But then as for this year I must say that this should be his best result due to his early rounds exit at the tournaments that he has participated. It is like a great breakthrough for him to reach the semi-finals.

Lee Hyun Il as usual did a great job. He maintained the standard. He played with full energy and stamina a such an old age. So as usual only Lee Hyun Il will play in the finals. Looks like Korea must depend on this old player forever. :eek:

3. blabl

blabl Regular Member

MD

Kim Gi Jung / Kim Sa Rang played extremely well today and won the match to play in the finals. Both did a good job today to win the game.

Ko Sung Hyun / Shin Baek Cheol once again lost today. Both have not been performing well and both of them always lose in the earlier round of the tournament. Today reaching the semi-finals is already a great breakthrough for both of them. Anyway it is going to be extremely tough for them to win over the Indonesian ranked no 2 player so both already did a great job today.

4. blabl

blabl Regular Member

WS

Sung Ji Hyun didn't play that well either today. She made quite a lot of mistakes today hence losing the game to Ratchanok. I sincerely hope to see her perform better. I believe that she can do it.

5. blabl

blabl Regular Member

WD

Jung Kyung Eun / Shin Seung Chan also didn't play well today. Both also seem nervous throughout the game. So indeed sad to know that there will be no WD representatives for Korea in the finals tomorrow.

6. blabl

blabl Regular Member

So as a conclusion only Lee Hyun Il and Kim Gi Jung / Kim Sa Rang will be playing in the finals tomorrow.

7. anugerahdina

anugerahdina Regular Member

an addition , jung jae sung now is coaching samsung electro mechanics . his origin bdmnton club

8. event

event Regular Member

Yes. Mentioned in Post #18 above.

9. anugerahdina

hehe sorry . just joined this thread

10. anugerahdina

lets talk about koreans prformance on All England today

11. blabl

blabl Regular Member

Okay here is the brief explanation.

12. blabl

blabl Regular Member

Okay here is a brief explanation about Korean performance.

All right I would admit that Korean players performance is below par and obviously their performance is poor. The results sp far have explained everything. All right there are a few contributing factors. Time of the match is very important. If the match I the last match it does contribute to the players poor performance. I know if I were so say it this way many people would say I am giving a lot of excuses. I did mention before that but some people ate strongly against it. However, this is the fact. And the factor of jetlag too. Usually Asia countries players are likely to have jetlag due to the time difference between European and Asian countries. I also said this before but some people are also against it.

Imagine a player travelling so far all the way from Asia to a European country. He or she needs time to adjust to the timing. Not easy. Some players are badly affected because they cannot adjust to the European time that well and some players cannot even sleep because of that.

Another thing imagine your match I the last match, played last and you are already at the stadium since early in the morning. Wouldn't that be so tiring for the player. But then of I were to say this again people might say that I am giving excuses again.

So very difficult to say. I summarise it as such the jetlag problem, the different time zone issues, cannot sleep well issue, and played last match issue.

As such all the players performance are badly affected. Imagine it.

Okay for the MS performance.
    Lee Dong Keun lost in the first round.
    Son Wan Ho lost in the second round.
    So summary of course their performance is poor. I have mentioned before that for Korea right now there is no good MS left except for Lee Hyun Il. I guess of Lee Hyun Il is playing this time the story would have been different.

Then the WS performance.
    bae Yeon Ju lost in the first round.
    Sung Ji Hyun lost in the second round.
    Summary here is the performance is poor of course.

Then MD performance.
    Ko Sung Hyun / Shin Bak Cheol lost in the second round.
    Kim Gi Jung / Kim Sa Rang lost in the second round.
    Only Lee Yong Dae / Yoo Yeon Seong advanced to play in the quarterfinals.
    Summary here is poor and inconsistent performance too. Sometimes Ko / shin will lose in the earlier rounds of the tournaments together with Kim / Kim. But sometimes they can advance to the finals. Last week both Ko and Shin did a good job advanced to the finals of the German Open in the MD and XD tournament but now both exit in the second round. To be honest I have seen Ko and Shin exit in the early round of the tournaments many times. Perhaps because both need to play in MD and XD thus I has taken a toll in their performance. To be honest it is very difficult for players to excel in both the MD and XD tournament at teh same time.

Then for the WD performance.
    Glad that 2 pairs reach the quarterfinals but then will there be able to reach the semifinals still remain as a question mark. We need to wait and see. But overall the WD performance is mediocre thus far.

Then the XD performance.
    2 XD lost in the First round of the tournament.
    4 XD lost in the second round of the tournament.
    So summary here is poor performance of course. Just imagine both Ko and Shin reach the finals of the German Open but this time they face the second round exit in both the MD and XD events. Yes I would say the different timing of European country and Asia country does have an effect plus the climate too but then if I were to dwell too much into the timing again people might say professional players must learn to deal wit te time difference. Imagine it te Korean matches are the last match of the day.

Just to say the last match of the day all involves the Korean players. Korean players all had to play the last match. I am saying it might have affected the players performance. But again if I were to say it some people will just say I am giving excuses. Okay. Imagine the Korean player is at the stadium since early in the morning till their last match late at night. Wouldn't they be tired? So that summarised everything. Whatever it is I really have to admit that the Korean performance is really poor in this tournament. Actually as a Korean fans and Korean supporter I am definitely very disappointed with this result.

13. blabl

blabl Regular Member

I myself sincerely hope that both the 2 WD and the MD will be able to win their matches in the quarterfinals today.

14. anugerahdina

thanks for ur summary . im have to collect some patience to read those all

15. anugerahdina

imho , the koreans maybe had a jetlag after playing at german open . and their physical power is slowing down

but it looks funny how Lee Deuk Choon force all his players to play in a gpg tournament ,but in an important tournament (all england ssp) , their prformace is suddenly fall down

btw,mybe we can exchange our social media ID to discuss further bout korean players hehe . im their big fans!!

16. Ch1k0

Ch1k0 Regular Member

N/A
    I doubt they're being forced to play so much. They need to play so much. It's the last legs of the Olympic qualifying period. When there's only 2 available spots in the doubles discipline. Every point they can earn counts. AE being an SSP carries a fair amount even if they got knocked out earlier.

17. anugerahdina

sometimes i thinkin about risking some injuries . it was very harmful for them

18. Ch1k0

Ch1k0 Regular Member

N/A
    Of course there's always a risk and of course we don't want our favorite sportsmen and women getting hurt. But that comes with their job unfortunately.

19. touya

touya Regular Member

Two more tournaments and they can rest for a while (at least until TUC)

20. soulpx

soulpx Regular Member

Trader
    Where is Kim So Yeong/Young?