Is BAM going in the right direction?

Discussion in 'Malaysia Professional Players' started by cobalt, May 22, 2011.

1. nokh88

nokh88 Regular Member

Badminton Trainee
    Jealous? Unhappy? Why did they pick this time when the MAS SSP is going on?

But again, I think they overstayed their usefulness.

2. Cloudx

Cloudx Regular Member

Yeah, no offence to Rashid. No doubt he's a great player but as a coach, i really didn't see much of his contribution especially in LCW matches he mostly sit there and be quiet, even during timeout he will be quiet all the time.

3. Cheung

Cheung Moderator

wannabe badminton phototaker
    Just reading the star online news. The board have backed Morten with a budget and his organisational changes. I guess they were backed into a corner where there is no way out.

Looking forward to a revival with a new and current crop of players. I remember a discussion on TV about it taking more than a year to develop a player to professional level.

4. pajrul

pajrul Regular Member

looking at the results of the mens singles.. seems to me, Rashid is a timely bailing out before the **** hits the fan, in terms of public backlash.

But i dont understand Rosman's leaving. his girls are the only BAM survivors today, he is doing good, way better than Rashid. With morten frosts help, he could do better, I wish he could stay.

5. nokh88

nokh88 Regular Member

Badminton Trainee
    I would say Rosman is doing fine and his charges are improving and need more time.

As for Rashid he was relying on LCW to keep his job all this while.

6. pajrul

pajrul Regular Member

i didnt know Romanian badminton has ties with BAM ...:)

7. eaglehelang

eaglehelang Regular Member

Published: Tuesday March 31, 2015 MYT 9:40:00 PM
    Updated: Tuesday March 31, 2015 MYT 9:43:07 PM
    Frost not worried over snub from coaches

by rajes paul

Morten Frost (left), seen here with singles coach Tey Seu Bock and BAM general manager Kenny Goh (right). - filepic

Morten Frost (left), seen here with singles coach Tey Seu Bock and BAM general manager Kenny Goh (right). - filepic

KUALA LUMPUR: There is no need to press the panic button.

Badminton Association of Malaysia (BAM) technical director Morten Frost was cool, calm and collected as he tried to restore some order following the shock exit of two top coaches – Rashid Sidek and Rosman Razak.

The duo had, on Monday, turned down BAM’s new two-year contract.

Frost said that Rashid would not be coaxed back into the national set-up as he had enough coaches – Tey Seu Bock, He Guo Quan and Hendrawan – to handle the men’s singles department.

The Dane said that his plan to revive Malaysian badminton would go on despite the “minor hiccup”.

“It’s a challenging and changing situation in BAM. We want to wish both the coaches all the best and good luck to them,” said Frost.

“They’ve done a great job over the years and we’re very thankful.

“Rashid and Rosman have decided to take up offers outside the BAM and which pays better. We negotiated with them but were unable to reach an agreement.”

It is learnt that Rashid and Rosman are set to join Cheras BC, who are owned by Raezal Hussein. Cheras BC play in the Kopiko Purple League.

Frost also named former woman doubles player Lim Pek Siah to take charge of the women’s doubles department, replacing Rosman.

“She is actually an experienced coach. She has worked in Japan and has some international exposure. She is very keen and happy to work for the nation. She will partner with Wong Pei Tty,” said Frost.

Pek Siah, who won the 2002 Manchester Commonwealth Games gold medal with Ang Li Peng, is glad to be back after leaving BAM 13 years ago.

“I treat it as a challenge. I know the current crop of doubles players and I can work with them,” said the 36-year-old Pek Siah.

“I started my own centre PS Lim Sports Arena in Subang five years ago and coached many juniors. Now, I’ll focus on grooming the national players.”

http://www.thestar.com.my/Sport/Badminton/2015/03/31/Frost-not-worried-over-snub-from-coaches/

8. nokh88

nokh88 Regular Member

Badminton Trainee
    I am using cellphone. I realised the error and edited it but you were fast. :)

9. Loh

Loh Regular Member

Semi-Retired
    Well the cellphone has given me lots of problems by being too smart!

10. Cheung

Cheung Moderator

11. Justin L

Justin L Regular Member

Sorry, wrong post. Bumped.

#2151 Justin L, Apr 2, 2015
    Last edited: Apr 2, 2015
  12. ngkt67

ngkt67 Regular Member

Latest news:

Frost announced the MS players Lee Chong Wei, Liew Daren, Iskandar Zulkarnain Zainuddin and Cheam June Wei will be coached by Hendrawan while coach Tey Siu Bock will take over Chong Wei Feng and other remaining players...

Meanwhile Tan Kian Meng will change from men single to mixed double in order to upgrade his speed and attack...

13. wanttoplaydaily

wanttoplaydaily Regular Member

Malaysia badminton is going downhill whether you like it or not.

14. ngkt67

ngkt67 Regular Member

one by one every MAS players going to get cut down salary after their disaster performance in this week Chinese Taipei Open...

15. RVStrike13

RVStrike13 Regular Member

Student
    It's really up to the players at this point. The constant change of leadership has done nothing for the team. First round exits are just way to common now. It seems that the players are under huge amounts of pressure to succeed or just don't have the drive and passion anymore. It'll be interesting to see what happens to Malaysia in the next few years once LCW retires.

16. ibelieveindevil

ibelieveindevil Regular Member

I want to bring out something before everyone like to discuss, are we discussing at the right thing?

By bwf standards, they rank tournament in such order, by both intensity, prize money and recognition, of course, ranking points as well.

1: Olympics, world Championship, surdiman Thomas, Uber....

There will only be 1 individual and 1 team event for the year. And winners can claim to be champion of word. Lcw won none. Ld won maybe 15. U can see the difference here. Support from teammates is essential and winners are expected. Thing like WC, anyone other than Chen long, Lin Dan or Lcw winning it will be a major upset. Currently Lcw is the only Malaysian with the potential to win it.

2.1 SSP and finals
    2.2 SS
    Major events and regular for top 10 players. Officiallt, iirc, all top 10 players are to Join all SSP events and SSP are limited to 5 events, finals usually comprises of the same Players. SS events have around 7(I not very sure) but most top 10 joined where possible.

3.1 gpg
    3.2 gp
    Gpg events offer 7000 points, which is goog even for top 10 players, while gp offers 5500(previously 5000) usually events will be participated by players who is ranked11 to 50, plus few top 10 players, who stay near, or even home country, usually the hot favourites to win. Malaysia held gpg annually and Lcw often joined. Gp event is usually held at places without so much financial support or consider developing. 5500 points is surely better than 5000, but top 10 players seldom join as they probably must get to the finals for better ranking.

4.1 international challenge
    4.2 international series
    4.3 future series
    What does these smaller events offer? International challenge is actually the basis for emerging players, which unfortunately most PPL don't know. Lee/yoo won't 1 when they formed to test thier strength n get 4000 points for it. IS and F'S offered much lower points however

17. ibelieveindevil

ibelieveindevil Regular Member

Question is what's our players standard?

18. Loh

Loh Regular Member

Semi-Retired
    Frost cool over Kim Her’s departure, wishes him well

Published: Monday July 27, 2015 MYT 5:38:00 PM
    http://www.thestar.com.my/Sport/Bad...cool-over-Kim-Hers-departure-wishes-him-well/ The Star online

by rajes paul

[​IMG]BAM technical director Morten Frost (left) speaking to woman singles shuttler Tee Jing Yi at the recent Singapore SEA Games badminton competition. - BERNAMA

KUALA LUMPUR: Morten Frost is not fretting over the departure of mixed doubles coach Tan Kim Her.
    On Monday, the Badminton Association of Malaysia (BAM) technical director Frost said Kim Her’s absence would not disrupt the national training programme.
    Kim Her has inked a five-year contract with the Badminton Association of India (BAI) as the men’s doubles coach. It is Kim Her’s third stint abroad after coaching in South Korea and England from 2005-2010.
    “It is a good decision by Kim Her. It is good for him but sad for us,” said Frost.

“That’s how it is. It is an open market out there. He has received an offer that we cannot match. Even if we can match the deal, the experience of going to another country is valuable to Kim Her. We wish him all the best,” added Frost.
    Kim Her will likely be released by the BAM at end of August.
    Although the number of coaches under his care is depleting, the cool Dane said that everything was in order.
    “I have spoken to all the coaches. We can cover up and distribute the work flow. There is no need to panic.
    “Obviously we will have to look for a replacement but we are not in a rush. The candidate has to meet our criteria and that can take time.
    “Personally, I prefer to find someone in Malaysia. We are building a lasting system and it is important to have a local figure to fit in my plan,” added Frost.
    Kim Her is the fourth prominent coach to leave the BAM stable after Frost took charge in March.
    Rashid Sidek and Rosman Razak left to join Sports Affairs in May while He Guo Quan quit last month to join Purple League outfit Ampang Jaya BC.
    In January, four junior coaches – Zhou Kejian, Chong Kien Ling, Poh Chai Boon and Chin Tze Seong – left the Bukit Jalil Sports School (BJSS) set-up.

19. Cheung

Cheung Moderator

I really wonder if he will last five years in India.

20. ngkt67

ngkt67 Regular Member

after LCW retired, seems like it is time for all the Malaysia MS department to rise up as LCW successor (better don't wait till LCW's sons come up), don't be like Indonesia MS department, still haven't found Taufik Hidayat successor...