Wang Yihan ( 王仪涵 )

Discussion in 'China Professional Players' started by suetyan, Sep 22, 2008.

1. PinkDawg

PinkDawg Regular Member

Wang Yihan has such a difficult time playing with injury, as nearly any other successful women's singles player does because her play is heavily dependent on footwork. My hope is that she'll heal up well so she can excel with her footwork. It is useless to have an attack without a follow-up. I hope for better training in her near future. :D

2. Cheung

Cheung Moderator

wannabe badminton phototaker
    Her playing style is so physical.

How long can she last for?

3. Zomania

Zomania Regular Member

Student
    I think so. And she didn't look good after Singapore Open. I hope she will get well soon.

4. Zomania

Zomania Regular Member

Student
    Congratulations to Wang Yihan for winning AG gold!!

5. PinkDawg

PinkDawg Regular Member

Yes! She put on quite the show. I must admit, LXR was off her game, but WYH forced many of LXR's mistakes by playing a physically demanding game herself, and forcing LXR to do the same.

6. Zomania

Zomania Regular Member

Student
  7. Zomania

Zomania Regular Member

Student
  8. senior888

senior888 Regular Member

Consultant
    The thing is she knew she was the underdog - but she's so determine to win
    and finally she won by fighting, fighting and fighting - you can see how she
    tried by talking to herself....motivating herself and shutting out her
    her brilliant opponent. In the end, guts and determination triumph over sheer
    skills and amazing talent!

9. PinkDawg

PinkDawg Regular Member

I was glad to see the energetic WYH, not the dead-strings WYH from the world championships. :)

10. Mr. Epic

Mr. Epic Regular Member

Student
    She's regained her best form in time to defend her Denmark crown.

11. bdfreak87

bdfreak87 Regular Member

12. Justin L

Justin L Regular Member

I make bold to suggest that Li Yongbo let Wang Yihan come under Zhang Ning and be mentored and trained specifically by her. Their special teacher-student relationship might be just what she needs for I see WYH's problem is to do largely with herself.

13. Justin L

Justin L Regular Member

WYH started 2015 on the wrong note. While the fact that she suffered a rare defeat to Saina at the semifinal of the AE may not seem disastrous, it's how she played and lost that bodes ill, particularly in G2 where she simply collapsed.

That it might be just a one-off incident attributed to her impatience and eagerness to redeem herself and make up for last year's flops as Chen Jin put it, her loss to Busan O at the quarterfinals of the following Swiss Open GPG going down 21-13 and 21-15 in an error-laden game - proves otherwise.

I'm worried that her self-confidence and inner belief may take a big hit. For the time being at least,it would probably be an uphill struggle for her to regain her footing. Is it a sign that she's going downhill so soon?

14. Cheung

Cheung Moderator

wannabe badminton phototaker
    And this is the same Wang Yi Han that was playing well against Lin Dan in practice.

Was she at the China team training in Hainan?

15. Zhierl

Zhierl Regular Member

WYH is over, she is very fragile now, WSX still have chance, she rarely beaten fair always give hard fight.
    CBA need to find new methods or coach, or they will follow Indonesian WS history.

Hmmm, to me China now seems get their fruits.
    After neglected their junior in WS/MS year after year, generation after generation.
    So, when LXR not available, who else now? CBA wants instant result, so they prefer talented born player, despite a champ also can born by years of training.
    Sun Yu and others still not there, coz lack exp. Others, when 1 year no result kicked back to home.

HBJ, this promising girl also have same fate, 1 year maybe only 2/3 tourney. When she blossom, her opponent esp same group already mature, when she mature her age already old, don't expect ZN mode miracle.
    Other country send their player despite junior to many tour to get exp, many lose is ok, fruits for the future. Exact opposite to CBA.
    This occur too in MS. I think CBA in self destruct mode.
    Thomas Cup already send warning, but they seems still not awake.
    Next Uber Cup will very hard for China, me think.

16. Justin L

Justin L Regular Member

Like I said, that sparring match with Lin Dan was only for 7 points and, most importantly, I'd expect Lin Dan to take it lightly; he might just be having fun.

Of course, WYH was at Lingshui, Hainan, for the 52-day winter training. For LXR,iirc, she only had two full weeks of proper all-round training before the AE.

#2376 Justin L, Mar 13, 2015
    Last edited: Mar 13, 2015
  17. Justin L

Justin L Regular Member

Most of what you said is right. Sad but true.

Talented juniors like Sun Yu and He Bingjiao should have been given plenty of opportunities to play at the senior international circuit much earlier. Only by giving them lots of exposure and gaining experience at an early age, would their potential be realized to the full sooner rather than later.

Just look at the ROW juniors like Intanon, Tai TY, Akane Y, etc - after a couple of hard knocks playing regularly, they are already making their mark on the world stage, with a head start.

18. RedShuttle

RedShuttle Regular Member

There is not much to say about WYH other than that she was visibly hampered by injury. A few points into her match against Busanan at Swiss Open, it was clear that WYH can't even move forward.

WYH just needs time to heal at this point. If she can't recover, that would be the end of her career. If she can recover in a few months, we will see the athletic WYH again.

19. Justin L

Justin L Regular Member

I didn't know she was injured or something , haven't read any reports about it but she was repeatedly caught by Busanan's dropshots, very unusual. Indeed, WYH's characteristic dynamic game was missing, her ability to pile on the pressure nowhere evident in that match.

Hope that's the explanation and patiently look forward to her coming back strongly. It'll be such a shame for her to just fade away.She's always been one of my favourites. Wish her all the very best.

20. anilsreedhar

anilsreedhar Regular Member

Why is this forum so quiet? HI everybody. Is Wang yihan playing in the malaysian open?