This wonderful place called VRC

Discussion in 'Vancouver Racquets Club' started by cappy75, Sep 2, 2004.

1. timeless

timeless Regular Member

Comp. Eng.
    I picked it up. Does anyone know who it belongs to? I'll put in the word to the office as well. Otherwise, perhaps the badminton gods are giving me a consolation gift for the recent loss of my two armortecs! :crying: hahaha

2. richho

richho Regular Member

CSR
    Timeless, got to go on and keep improving.There are still rooms for me to learn.Wut a pity that i didn't even have a game wif you,so i miss a chance to learn from you ;)

Also,thank you for your instructions on the work out stuff,but i have been painful on the muscle of the joint between arm and chest after i did that IN-OUT machine :crying:

Viver is extremely good at his deadly cross court drops,which marveled me last nite. :rolleyes:

3. timeless

timeless Regular Member

Comp. Eng.
    Richho, you see me all the time at the club so we can play anytime you wish!
    And as for the weight lifting, *LOL* what can I say except, I TOLD YOU SO!!! *LOL* :p :D To clarify for the other readers, Richho went nuts on his first(?) attempts at weight lifting and tried to go too heavy. Just be glad you didn't injure yourself Richho!

4. SmashingBird

SmashingBird Regular Member

Student, Badminton-student
    RICHMOND BC...ne hot girls from richmond that play
    ohyah, I saw that..hhahaha....face all red, trying to lift 240 lbs!! lol :D

5. viver

viver Regular Member

Hi everybody,

It was really a fun night for me. A special thank you to Timeless for signing me in. Haven't played so much for a long time, and played with many of the BFers here that haven't played before.

Started the night with Timeless against SB and BMS; this time more alert on SB as last time was fooled by his 'non-interested in the match attitude' :). As the club was still not quite busy, we 3 matches consecutively, if not mistaken. SB really justifies his name, went on smashing almost non-stop. :eek: BMS was not to be left behind, also kept up with SB on the smashes. Wow these guys are full of enegy - next time have to borrow Goku energy spectacles to find out their energy level.

Next played with WWC and BMS. haven't played against him for so long and forgot about his deadly half smash. Was caught badly by him quite a few times :eek: But having SB as my partner, I didn't have to worry much about the firepower. :D

Next was the games with Timeless, WWCBRO and WOOD_22_CHUCK. It was tough games - WWCBRO smashing like a sniper (accurate and powerful) partnering with a player full of tricks as WOOD_22_CHUCK. Tough tough game, but lucky to be with Timeless with his awesome jump-smashes :eek: My partner saved me a lot of work with his lethal attacks. ;)

Frankly after these games, my energy was almost all gone. These guys made me work so hard :eek:. Then came RichHo and played a few games with him. Ha, RH is quite a player and aggressive too - he smashed all the games and I just tried to lurk at the net while Rich was doing all the hard work.

Too bad did not have a chance to play with Cappy75, SchorienderCat, and did not get the opportunity to know Mr & Mrs 15Love, Mr & Mrs Speed78 and Valourac. Hopefully next time will be able to get to know and play with you guys.

My body is all aching for yesterday's beatings. But it was entirely worthwhile. Had lots of fun thanks to all of you and hope to see you guys again shortly for more beatings. :D

6. Break-My-String

Break-My-String Regular Member

Hey Guys!

Just to say thanks to everybody for the great fun on Sat nite at VRC, and thanks to Smashingbird for signing me in!

Between the big two heeps of snarfed turkey (& fixings) in my stomach and trying to find my timing to the shuttle, it was a load of laughs! ;) Now I know how Wood_22_Chuck, Cappy75, and Timeless felt playing last Wed nite in NorthVan right after dinner! :crying:

Playing with you guys and going out for late nite snack reminds me of my younger years! Although I was still too full from the turkey, food smells delicious, and conversation great! :D

Cheers!

P.S. I couldn't believe it! Cappy75 & Wood_22_Chuck shows up at Collingwood the same morning! Such diehards!

7. cappy75

cappy75 Regular Member

Depot Support Representative
    And darn it! I was early for once:p!

8. cappy75

cappy75 Regular Member

Viver made it sound as though we were abusing him or something:D... which was far from the case, fellows! Heard from second hand accounts that Viver brought his extensive experience fully bear onto his opponents, creating opportunities for his partners and chaos among his opposition:D. Next time, Viver... next time I will make sure to get in a game with you:)!

#148 cappy75, Oct 11, 2004
    Last edited: Oct 11, 2004
  9. wood_22_chuck

wood_22_chuck Regular Member

Electronics Technologist
    One thing that surprises me is that Viver is always in the right place. Whenever the shuttle is in the opponents court diagonally away from him, he moves closer to the net. Very few players actually practise this. Saved my racket from a near clash when timeless smashed down the center. Viver swings early and connect and I swing a bit later since I'm further back.

-dave

10. valourarc

valourarc Regular Member

Professional
    Thanks for the great night on Saturday (wish I could have played against more BFers but I guess that'll have to wait until next year)! Lots of fun games and good cheap food afterwards.

I was tempted to go out on Sunday too but I was too stiff. I don't know how Cappy75, Wood_22_Chuck and Break-My-String did it. You guys are incredible!

11. cappy75

cappy75 Regular Member

Heh! B-M-S had to be there the next morning cuz he runs the place. Wood_22_Chuck went there at a 'heavy price' exacted by his wife/partner/Master for his late-night gallivanting. Dave dude, you got my respect/sympathy:D. You know what? You shouldn't join VRC cuz you won't be able to survive the weekly heavy price imposed upon you for the little joy that you'll get playing at the club;).

#151 cappy75, Oct 11, 2004
    Last edited: Oct 11, 2004
  12. viver

viver Regular Member

Wood_22_Chuck,
    You are really nice with your words. I got me into trouble with your 'don't know where the shuttle lands' net play. And if not mistaken only caught you once with a cross court half smash. The following ones you were there waiting in the right spot. Positioning wise you are not worse;). As for myself, have to move to position accordingly to compensate my lack of fitness, speed and power :eek:. Not like you guys who have the power to smash and speed to recover and return wherever the shuttle is.

13. viver

viver Regular Member

Never believe in rumours! ;)

14. cappy75

cappy75 Regular Member

Well, harder not to believe when they come from players who has played with/against you:D. If there's consistency from different sources of a story, then it must be true:p!

15. wood_22_chuck

Electronics Technologist
    Guess Who Dropped By -- Sep 10, 2007

Awestruck! Thanks Sally :D

-dave

Attached Files:

16. cappy75

cappy75 Regular Member

Golly Gee, Dude! You have lost weight:eek:!!!

17. wood_22_chuck

Electronics Technologist
    Errrr, "sucking in your gut" doesn't constitute "losing weight"! BWAHAHAHAHA.

-dave

18. LazyBuddy

LazyBuddy Regular Member

Engineer
    Lucky you!!! :eek::D

19. Pete LSD

Pete LSD Regular Member

Soul Searching
    We are very lucky to have Sally drop by VRC . . . lots of fun :-D.

20. Nephrus

Nephrus Regular Member

I was wondering why this thread went right back to the top out of nowhere.... DAVE YOU THREAD HIJACKER.