This wonderful place called VRC

Discussion in 'Vancouver Racquets Club' started by cappy75, Sep 2, 2004.

1. xXHilikusXx

xXHilikusXx Regular Member

no it doesnt lol,

but ya, i agree, vrc is sorta on a downhill slope if it continues on this outofdate adult piorty schedule. i mean as a junior i am too lazy to argue with the adults anymore, i mean one of them even accused my friend of having gangster relations recently lol

at anyrate, its much easier for us to go somewhere else and if u want to speak in an economic term, there are so many substitutes now vrc does no realize it no longer holds a monopoly on the badminton world in van/richmond anymore

2. cappy75

cappy75 Regular Member

Depot Support Representative
    I seriously doubted there won't be enough players to go around in the lower mainland that VRC would be in serious want for members. Joining the club is a lifestyle choice, it's really not easy to get in if you think about it. Also, not everyone drives and definitely not everybody would want to head down to Richmond for games. On the whole, our general level of play is higher comparing to most drop-ins (C2 excepted since they're a dedicated training center).

VRC has some comparative advantages that other places don't. I don't think it's necessary to list them all out to you since you're already a member;).

However I do share your concern about the disproportionate court time between Juniors and Adults. I will bring the issue to a board member when I see him. Maybe we could extend a later junior priority hour on friday or saturday nights.

3. Nephrus

Nephrus Regular Member

I think after 11:00 it should be free for all or as cappy said try and petition to get the hours extended to 6:30 pm. If juniors at whatever age level can make it out to VRC... granted their parent's approval they should by all means be allowed to come out and play. No point in putting away a good use of a 24/7 facility. I sometimes see juniors coming out to the club at 2 am just so they don't have to fight for court privs, which is ridiculous and unsafe. I do wish some of them would clean up after themselves though... heh.

P.S btw It was nice meeting you at VRC the other night Hilikus, I didn't introduce myself but we were rallying on the same court for a bit ...it would have been odd to approach you and say "hey, i know you online" hehe lol

#203 Nephrus, Jan 29, 2008
    Last edited: Jan 29, 2008
  4. Pete LSD

Pete LSD Regular Member

Soul Searching
    Darn, I missed xXHilikusXx in action!!! :mad:

5. Polar Bear

Polar Bear Regular Member

Engineer
    Refresh my memory here but doesn't adult priority simply mean that during the allotted period Adults have first crack at the courts? It was my understanding that Jr players may still use courts during 'Adult time' as long as there aren't adult players waiting. When I was a member I liked having the Jr. players around. Frankly, I've never understood the need to classify based on age. A badminton player is a badminton player period. Having said all this you have to remember that a Junior membership is priced at a discount to the regular 'adult' memberships. I think all members should pay the same fees and have the same priviliges. Even at a full membership price it is a good deal for the frequent (3+ times a week) player.

6. xXHilikusXx

double double woops

7. xXHilikusXx

Gotta love those washroom shots ;)

well polar the price discrimination is really to attract juniors to come ><

#207 xXHilikusXx, Jan 30, 2008
    Last edited: Jan 30, 2008
  8. Nephrus

Nephrus Regular Member

heh yes Hilikus you were with a youngster I believe his name was Andrew you would probably recognise me if you went to my facebook

9. Polar Bear

Polar Bear Regular Member

Engineer
    Well that is a bit of a simplification isn't it? I believe the price policy is to attract juniors to come during certain time periods where demand by adults is low.

I don't really think the issue is about allocation of playing priority as much as it is about simple respect.

10. xXHilikusXx

XD given up on respect with most adults, ever tell u about the time it was junior piorty and they were fixing the lights so 3 courts were available some women comes up to me and tries to bully me off ^^ i gave her the burn of her life while her friend stood beside her XD

that beside the point juniors arent just there to fill up the blank spaces, they use juniors to actually have a second gen coming in to replace the old things id believe at anyrate XD

but my proof that the system isnt working is jsut look at the training groups ^^ enuf said?

heres what my friend said

" this is bs theres no way to train as a competitive player here because the hours are so bs " - he's been an adult for a few years even when he said that.

at anyrate u can argue each to their own that vrc can be a community center like place, then i guess i have nothing to say then and let vrc become a daycare center

btw i am like a adult now and i still feel the suck ^^ at anyrate enuf said hehe ill get beaten since my pic is up there ;)