This wonderful place called VRC

Discussion in 'Vancouver Racquets Club' started by cappy75, Sep 2, 2004.

1. wood_22_chuck

wood_22_chuck Regular Member

Electronics Technologist
    Haha ... then Uncle cappy75, can you sign me in instead?

-dave

2. SmashingBird

SmashingBird Regular Member

Student, Badminton-student
    RICHMOND BC...ne hot girls from richmond that play
    good job guys, one mentions it and the other highlites it, awesome! I think both of you should stay away from vrc as far as possible tonight.

3. cappy75

cappy75 Regular Member

Depot Support Representative
    Er... dude, last time I checked... you're older than me:p!

4. richho

richho Regular Member

CSR
    Hey,Robert,

I will be there,no worry about that.

It is my great pleasure to sign you in.. :D

#124 richho, Oct 9, 2004
    Last edited: Oct 9, 2004
  5. speed78

speed78 Regular Member

Yeah! Don't understand why a man who's 30 something keep calling others "AUNT" or "UNCLE"......What could be more absurd than that?:confused: :mad:

6. richho

richho Regular Member

CSR
    :D When did cappy75 become uncle? Why cappy didn't let us know?

#126 richho, Oct 9, 2004
    Last edited: Oct 9, 2004
  7. SmashingBird

That was last time, times change, kinda like before I can beat you but now you can beat me. We, as human beings should learn to adjust and adapt to changes, whether in cultural, technology, religion, ***, badminton, color, and even age. If a person like yourself Cappy, cannot learn to adjust and accept changes, then you will never improve. We would've all still be barbarians and monkeys. Why would there be Daylight saving time if people don't care about changes, we would all be stuck in a world where we will never improve.

8. SmashingBird

Richo, uncle and auntie are just terms used with no particular meaning other than a show of respect, it does not mean a person is old. My cousin's son often calls me uncle. So it is not all too astonishing that Cappy is called uncle.

9. Winex West Can

Winex West Can Regular Member

Hi Tech
    Hmmm...count me in too? Hopefully I can get out early from dinner ...

Should be a good gathering then...If Wood_Chuck got dips on Auntie Speed78 then I got dips on Uncle Speed78. :D :D :D :D

SB, so you lost your games, eh? How did JChen99 do?

10. richho

richho Regular Member

CSR
    S/B,You always have your philosophy.Cappy75,are you ready to fight it back? I know you are very good at debate. :rolleyes:

11. cappy75

cappy75 Regular Member

Heh! Richho, haven't you learn all these times never to argue with SB:D? It goes nowhere:p.

I hope that I don't qualify as an uncle cuz my younger brother certainly hasn't start his family yet. Show of respect, eh:p? Even when the person tells ya not to address her/him with that title;)?

#131 cappy75, Oct 10, 2004
    Last edited: Oct 10, 2004
  12. cappy75

cappy75 Regular Member

Have to say that Sat. night is another smashing success. Certainly, I have had my share of good games. It's great to meet up with everybody again. Too bad I didn't get any games with Viver and Valourarc:(. Not to mention that he'll be returning to Toronto the next day. Bon Voyage, Valourarc:)!

Viver, it's a pleasure talking to you again. I am sure that an even greater pleasure to be had getting a game in with you:). Please feel free to pm me or timeless when you want to drop-in at the club again.

Seems that the wwc bros were on the offense against the Collingwood guys, certainly hope it's not a one-sided affair;).

#132 cappy75, Oct 10, 2004
  13. Winex West Can

Winex West Can Regular Member

Hi Tech
    Yeah, it was fun and a good turn out. Almost everyone who said they were going show did showed up (Viver, Mr & Mrs T, Mr & Mrs 15Love, Mr & Mrs Speed78, SB, Richho, Cappy, BMS, SchorienderCat - still looking for the rematch, Valourac, wwcbro). Didn't managed to play with/against everybody but the great part was the socializing afterwards ('til 3am!).

Nah, cappy, we were all tired so it wasn't fair to look at that last two games as the WWC bro against the Collingwood boys (eventhough we won both games :D).

14. timeless

timeless Regular Member

Comp. Eng.
    I hope everyone had as much fun as I did. I think I got to play with all the guests this time too. One thing I noticed, quite a number of players have shown noticeable improvements in their game. Great to see that everyone has been enjoying their badminton. Thanks to all our guests who graced us with their visit. It was really nice seeing you all again, and hopefully won't be too long until the next time. And yes, late night dinner and socializing was my favourite part hehehe :D.

15. wwcbro

wwcbro Regular Member

Gonna make this short....(typing with my laeft hand, right arm have no feelings... :eek: )
    Fun night/morning, thank you all....see you all in maybe 1 mth time, reckon that is how long it is gonna to take my body/arm to recover :D
    Yes, good friends & good food...and badminton!

p.s. Not sure about the good food....one thing for sure, not ever gonna to order "spicy char kuie teow ( malaysian style )" again!

#135 wwcbro, Oct 10, 2004
  16. wood_22_chuck

Electronics Technologist
    Man, if you guys didn't/haven't played with/against Viver, you have to put it on your agenda next BF gathering. He plays with brains and speed, quite astonishing for me actually! Viver and timeless made mincemeat against me and wwcbro.

I was quite surprised too that richho is smashing quite a bit too :D

So you remember me calling speed78 "a*ntie"? I got a 10 min lecture from her on that, HAHAHAHAHAHAHHAA :D

Nice meeting you again Valourac ... too bad we didn't have any games together.

The funniest incident for me that night? Before heading out to the restaurant, there's cappy75 giving detailed directions to BMS on how to get to the restaurant in Richmond. Fast forward to the restaurant and everybody's finished ordering, timeless gets a call on his cellphone. Cappy75 is lost. I almost sprayed out my Lemon Coke stifling my laughter. Finally he makes it in and does a sweeping bow being the most "fashionably late" one, HAHAHAHHAHAHAHA.

Thanks for the fun evening. It was most excellent. Thanks too Mrs. Timeless for recommending the Spicy Pork Chop with Noodles Soup. At $5.95 with 3 pieces of pork chop, that was SUPER!

-dave

17. timeless

timeless Regular Member

Comp. Eng.
    Was it too spicy or just not very tasty? That dish is certainly one of my favourites but if it wasn't good there, you can save me from ordering it in the future! :eek: :crying:

18. timeless

timeless Regular Member

Comp. Eng.
    Hehehe don't under estimate Viver! He has a life-time of badminton experience under his belt, and is still fit enough to dish it out! :D He certainly raised the bar of every game that night.

And yes richho has been improving a lot too!

I was on court at the time so I missed your scolding... but the Mrs. told me about it this morning *LOL* I wish I could have been there hahaha~ :D :p. Now you know how to properly pay respects to our sister! ;) :D

I was going to save Cappy the embarrassment of that one, but now that you've mentioned it, yes that was certainly HILARIOUS hahaha~.

I have to thank you for taking the Mrs' recommendation too since I got to chow down on your last piece of pork chop hahaha~! Thank you for offering it to me as it was indeed delicious :D :cool:.

19. wood_22_chuck

Electronics Technologist
    Oh hey, what ever happened to that forgotten Cab 20 Muscle on the bench anyway?

-dave

20. richho

richho Regular Member

CSR
    Dave,

Ya,you are rite,I don't smash quite often.However,to play against such an awesome player like you, I have to use all of my strength or beyond to smash.That's really exhausting me becoz the last game we played was really the long march. That's really fun playing all of you .