Lin Dan walkover in MO

Discussion in 'Malaysia Open / Korea Open 2011' started by xymaerts, Jan 21, 2011.

1. choonie

choonie Regular Member

Graduate Scientist
    wow... all they want is gold medal in OG, AG, TC, UC, SC...... Anything against these would be against their national interests (or more precisely, the interests of their BA people).. they are willing to do anything for those.. and with the resources of the whole country.

2. thunder.tw

thunder.tw Regular Member

The sad part is that it is totally uneccesary the Chinese players have all the talent they need to achieve their goals without resorting to such tatics. I'd still like to hear an explanation of how 24 hrs after disposing of his Korean opponent 21-15, 21-8 in 34 mins he injured himself to the point of being unable to compete. How hard did that Korean guy shake his hand after the match?

3. AlanY

AlanY Regular Member

90%? not even close! here is the full record of the W/O of this t'ment:

DEN 3 CHN 2 INA 2 MAS 2 NED 2 SIN 2 TPE 2 ENG/SCO 1 JPN 1

CHN has 2, same as 5 other and 1 less than DEN's 3.
    not to mention that being the best mean their players always go further into the t'ment thus more chances to get injuries thus withdrawn.

4. nokh88

nokh88 Regular Member

Badminton Trainee
    BWF is at the mercy of CHN and made to look like a fool!!

5. alexyong

alexyong Regular Member

LCW should be grateful as LD is generous :)

Imagine losing again in Malaysia, he would need to be sent to a psychiatrichospital

6. Yoppy

Yoppy Regular Member

I only have one word to say about LD 3 times withdrawals: CHEATING. And Cheater = Loser, so regardless if LD wins a thousand titles he's still a loser. If the reason is to follow LYB order, that does make him any better either. This will be his legacy, arguably the best ever player in history bowing to a team manager to loose matches.

You can argue the world that no rule has been broken, but its certainly has been manipulated. And I also think the withdrawal in MO is a total disrepect to the Malaysians. Why even turn up if they think MO title is not good enough for LD to win?? Isn't it the same as saying MO is a second tier tournament not as important as OG?? MO is surely not as important as OG, but to say that in their face?? In front of Malaysian crowd?? LYB must have ran out of sensitivity and simply doesn't care whatsoever others think/feel. ​

7. Yoppy

Yoppy Regular Member

I think cobalt means not only this MO but the past 6 months

8. demolidor

demolidor Regular Member

Now if you can look up the other 6 months prior, since he did mention "past 6 months" [​IMG]. Also discount 1st rounds main/qualifiers since that probably means they never showed up in the first place.
    The "NED 2" likely had food poisoning btw so withdrew ...

#28 demolidor, Jan 22, 2011
    Last edited: Jan 22, 2011
  9. Maximum

Maximum Regular Member

student
    isn't it the same as LCW? he lost to BP and he said that he was sick, fever or smth but he manage to beat BP flat 2 or 3days later. looks like they both have magic in them... :p
    i think if he withdraw when he has injury is better than to play n lose then announce his injuries. that will be an excuse and that is LCW's favourite style!

10. choonie

choonie Regular Member

Graduate Scientist
    It's not about how many times he won LCW, it's about how did he win LCW.... He only played LCW when he was on top form, only when he spent very long time (without taking any tournies) to finely tune his condition etc... LCW kept playing many Opens before important matches and these had not only reduced his time for quality trainings but also exposed him more to the coaching team behind LD. Only China can afford to have its top players kept for a long time just for one or two particular important games.
    On this occassion, I reckon that the Chinese team decided to let CL to
    1) Gain experience and confidence from their A-rated enemy - LCW.
    2) Once again, not to let LCW play LD when LD wasn't in his top condition. It's to maintain LD's superior confidence against LCW and also avoid any possibility for LCW to win LD (As it would reduce LCW's fear against LD).

Poor LCW... I hope MAS team can learn from China and play more mind games with them... especially Misbun and LCW...

11. jasonmarc

jasonmarc Regular Member

Will LD's injury recover in time for KOR Open....?

12. limsy

limsy Regular Member

kuli
    the injury is reported that he discover in the morning training
    but according to the news reporter,he not even in the morning training

anyway,when cl getting the badminton lesson from lee chong wei,the crowd was yelling:where is lin dan
    lol
    some even leave after the 1st set

13. bogensaebel

bogensaebel Regular Member

student
    of course..he'll ask the 'injury' to heal itself...if not he'll play even with broken leg...:D:D

14. pjswift

pjswift Regular Member

Agree.
    CL missed his opportunity to measure against LCW in SSM Finals when he lost to the evergreen PG.

A CL win would have boosted his confidence and LYB actually believe that might be possible with a W/O set up.

Unfortunately it misfired. It's hard to believe that LCW went from struggling against Tommy S. in first round to demolishing CHN's future MS1.

CL's confidence would have been so shredded I wouldn't be surprised LYB would withdraw him from Korea Open.

15. cobalt

cobalt Moderator

Yes
    Sure, you may even have a valid comeback here. But remember, LCW at least shows up and plays the game in his debilitated state. That's called commitment. I mean, commitment to the game, respect for your paying public and a sense of personal integrity.

The CBA has sent out two very insolent signals in the past 6 months: the man is more important than the game. And the ends justify the means. Not good.

16. choonie

choonie Regular Member

Graduate Scientist
    Haha... In China, the badminton players are responsible to no one but their boss LYB.

17. extremenanopowe

extremenanopowe Regular Member

Chief Coach. The best and still active.
    www.extreme-power.org or xtremexn.blogspot.com
    haiz.. I don't know what to say. I wish they can be as professional as possible just like those tennis ace. Too many injury. Who to blame? ;)

18. Ton-Min-Bad

Ton-Min-Bad Regular Member

Of course it's a pity that LD withdraws from tournaments on a regular basis. We all would like to see him play much more often.

But maybe he just listens to his body signals much more carefully than others in order to compete successfully for many years from now. He is only human being and it seems as if he can't do it like LCW does.

LCW chooses to do it the other way round. He tries to play as much as possible, also because there aren't too many opponents in his own country which could compete with him.

Although it's very controversial something in me says: LD is such a great player who has already won so many important titles that I can somewhat accept his behaviour.

#38 Ton-Min-Bad, Jan 22, 2011
  19. OneToughBirdie

OneToughBirdie Regular Member

engineer
    There is always 2 sides to a coin looking at one issue. You are right CHN players answer to the big boss...and LYB is answering to someone higher up who is holding the cheque book...too bad this 'higher up' person does not value sportsmanship, fair play and respect the paying-to-see badminton fans that this 'higher up' tolerates match fixing, WO, etc as long as LYB brings home the gold medals in tournaments that count.
    The fact that LYB keeps his job, continue to rule with an iron fist, is testamony to what degree the 'higher up' authority values LYB performance. And LYB is rich doing this, figure that out. On the other hand, you have BAM, a fragmented organization run by amateurs (as some posters stated that) and no unity in the malaysian camp and open warfare with threats of resignation, so how much better is that?

20. Ton-Min-Bad

Ton-Min-Bad Regular Member

Problem still is: It is not really known who is responsible for the withdrawal: LYB or LD himself...?

#40 Ton-Min-Bad, Jan 22, 2011