APACS fan club

Discussion in 'Badminton Rackets / Equipment' started by clearng, Dec 13, 2006.

1. GoDLee

GoDLee Regular Member

English teacher
    I play with a fake Z Slash. Trust me, it's quite heavy. At least that's what my partners told me, they liked the strings (quite strange anyway)but did not like the weight. The paint sucks though, a little clash @ground or to another racquet & it is gone :D

2. jeffwind

jeffwind Regular Member

Thanks for ur advice...Do u try it b4? As i hav do the reseach bout it...it is less expensive among the good racket... may i noe the market price now? Thanks :)

3. jeffwind

jeffwind Regular Member

Hi Edwin,

Your Suggestion is good as my reference....As i am new to studying bout apac racket...the advice of u all really appreciate...
    I have do the research bout tantrum 200...its really a good racket to attack, i think tantrum 300 is the upgrate version of it?...but it show stiff+..this 1 i not so understand...can u explain wat its mean? thanks. :)

4. dorysan

dorysan Regular Member

Yes I did.
    well its good racket for its price, but if you can buy the tantrum 200/300 or the lethal 70/60 go for it thy are better in all aspects.

5. jeffwind

jeffwind Regular Member

Thanks Dorysan,

I will shop and look for these Racket... :)

6. Erique

Erique Regular Member

I have both Tantrum 200 and 300. Both have the same stiffness and Balance Point, I think T 300 has upgraded material not specification.

7. barca96

barca96 Regular Member

studen
    so the better materials make it more expensive..
    thanks

8. escape

escape Regular Member

Hi Jeffwind,

Apacs do make good rackets but there are some models which are not as good in quality, e.g. Z Slash, NS 9k comes to mind. I am using the Z Spark at the moment, and its actually quite good, had several clashes but no chip yet!! (fingers crossed)

The Tantrum 200 is one of the best rackets from Apacs and the 300 builds on it. The 300 is heavier (3U) whereas 200 is a 4U. When talking about about stiffness, its referring to the stiffness of the racket shaft & both 300 and 200 are rated as stiff. I had quick tries on both rackets and the 300 is only slightly stiffer. In short, the 200 is still suitable for doubles as its lighter, where the 300 is designed to be an all out attacking racket, better for singles.

In the end, it depends on yr kind of play, singles or doubles...actually then nano 900 (white or red) are also good rackets, I have a nano 900 white and its actually easier to use than the Z Spark. Nano 900 is also cheaper as its old model.

Mayb its better if you let us know your kind of play, what racket are you using and the problems you are facing. I am sure the forumers here are most willing to help.

Edwin :)

9. LD rules!

LD rules! Regular Member

Can anyone give me a review for the Edgesaber 10, and Z Spark ? Thanks (even if you just link me, I couldn't seem to find any)

10. jeffwind

jeffwind Regular Member

Erique, Thanks for advice. Tantrum 300 is upgrade material of 200? so tat means its more durable? ;)

11. jeffwind

jeffwind Regular Member

Thanks barca96... note it. :)

12. barca96

barca96 Regular Member

studen
    thanks but no thanks jeff
    cos it actually was a question hehe.
    sorry jeff. im not experienced in this :lol:

13. jeffwind

jeffwind Regular Member

HI Edwin, many thanks for ur detail explaination. Appriciate it.

The racket i aim is for single play.

The problem tat i face? erm...1st: smash less power...2nd: hard to receive or return ppl smash ball...but while i 'm using my racket..the net ball is playing retty well....my raket is 2U G5...2u is the weight of my racket, this 1 i noe....but may i noe wat means G5? actually i'm really Junior in badminton racket, b4 i join Badmintoncentral form..i really dun noe tat raket got so many knowledge to learn...lucky got expert like u all wiling to share ur exp to me..thanks thanks...:)

cheers

14. jeffwind

jeffwind Regular Member

Haha..jz thanks for ur respond....lol
    So Barca96 got exp in which apac racket?

15. Erique

Erique Regular Member

I cannot tell the durability issue, since I own both of the racket for less than a year, but according to the shop owner where I bought the racket said that T 300 suppose to be more durable.

16. haplorhine

haplorhine Regular Member

I just bought 2 Nano 9900 Power last week. The racket is head light with a medium stiff shaft. However, because the string tension (supposedly done by pros) was so horrible, I was not charmed by the racket's overall performance--I know it has potentials in men's doubles.

Anyhow, price-wise, the 9900 is in the same ballpark as a EdgeSaber Z Slayer Gold or a EdgeSaber S Slayer (Z Spark V3), which tells you something about the quality of workmanship. In contrast, a Tantrum 200 can retail for about 2.5x the price of the three rackets mentioned above.

Too bad no one in the States properly carries Apacs, not even in California. The prices charged by Apacs Canada and Apacs UK have a very large profit margin!

17. barca96

barca96 Regular Member

studen
    anyone of Singapore apac fans who want to buy racquets, pm me.
    i can buy and deliver for you in singapore next week.

ill be driving down on the 17th of July to meet old friends and grandparents.
    Ill be staying at bedok area.
    not looking to do business.
    just helping out as i know the prices in SG are more expensive than in Msia.

can buy with bag also because it will be safe in the car unlike bus

18. Charle

Charle Regular Member

hi, any review about apacs power concept 1100?

19. escape

escape Regular Member

Most welcome...happy I was able to help. Took me awhile to understand all the terminologies as well so I just want to help as much as I can.

The fact that you aim to play mostly single makes it slightly easier to choose a racket. Usually, most single players will use a head heavy, stiffer and overall slightly heavier racket (3U 85-89g)....bear in mind that I said usually. As you are a junior, I think a 2U is too heavy for you at the present moment. Maybe you want to look for a 3U or 4U racket instead.

From what you describe of your problems, I believe its your technique not so much on the racket that giving you problems, thats of course, from without seeing you in action! Definitely a lighter racket will give you faster returns when being smashed at. For racket recommendation, I would say try a Tantrum 200, Stern 100 or even Lethal 70 if you can find it. These 3 rackets are pretty durable from what I heard & see. Of course Apacs have some models that are pretty lousy in quality control.

G5 is the size of the grip - G5 is the smallest size. I think most Apacs rackets are G2 but try looking around, maybe you might get lucky!!!

Good luck hunting!
    Edwin

20. escape

escape Regular Member