APACS fan club

Discussion in 'Badminton Rackets / Equipment' started by clearng, Dec 13, 2006.

1. ExtremeCentral

ExtremeCentral Regular Member

Real Estate Salesperson (OTT)
    I'm selling away my Apacs Lethal 7 & 9 rackets. Pls check my post history for links to my FS thread.

2. Subang690

Subang690 Regular Member

sports writer
    Hey, thanks for the info... Actually, the reason I asked about the Edgesaber was because I was thinking of getting a cheap one.. But my regular tension is 26lbs and I have trouble controlling the shuttle with lower tension... The reason I want a cheap but good one is, I play with three different groups in a week, so different doubles partners have cost me a few chips on expensive rackets and a few broken ones too... hehehe... At the price, I think it is worth trying out and so I will.. haha

3. ExtremeCentral

ExtremeCentral Regular Member

Real Estate Salesperson (OTT)
    Am already getting used to the higher tension of 26lbs for the other Edgesaber Z-Spark racquet. Will sell away my Lethals as I felt the shafts were a little too flex for me.

4. Subang690

Subang690 Regular Member

sports writer

Hahaha... This is funny... I actually have one Lethal 9 and only used it a few times because it really sucks. Yes, it has a funny flex... Other Apacs in my collection is Stern 300 and Lethal 60, two of my best rackets though.. That's why I still trust Apacs for good rackets although the Lethal 9 really, really sucks....

5. Subang690

Subang690 Regular Member

sports writer
    Thanks man, already got my Z Spark... strung at 26lbs.. Just need to play!!! hahaha...

6. Charle

Charle Regular Member

hi, anyone can recommend apacs racket, must be light, and after stringing, must be head light..

thks!!

7. Subang690

Subang690 Regular Member

sports writer
    I would recommend Stern 300, usually around RM220-250 depending on where you look...It's weight is balanced, just slightly head heavy feel, very playable, good smashes too and very nice to play with high tension stringing.. Nice all-round racket, even comparable to high-end Yonex...

8. J-Dragon

J-Dragon Regular Member

Does anyone have a review on the VH2020 mentionned on apacscanada? thanks

9. barca96

barca96 Regular Member

studen
    or vh2000 as its called in some countries..

10. escape

escape Regular Member

No problem! Glad to find another Z Spark user. Just had my second game with the Z Spark and realized that the vibration is caused by off center hits. I am starting to enjoy using the Z Spark!!!

11. strafen

strafen New Member

Student
    is this any good? [SIZE=+1]Apacs Slayer 550 (5U) Badminton Racket[/SIZE]

[FONT=Verdana, Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif]Frame Meterial:[/FONT][FONT=Verdana, Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif]Hi Modulus Graphite,[/FONT] Super Slim, Carbon Nano Tubes (CNT)
    [FONT=Verdana, Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif]Shaft Material:[/FONT][FONT=Verdana, Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif]Hi Modulus Graphite + Carbon Nano Tubes (CNT)
    [/FONT][FONT=Verdana, Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif]Flex:[/FONT][FONT=Verdana, Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif]High[/FONT][FONT=Verdana, Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif]Weight:[/FONT][FONT=Verdana, Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif]82 +/- 1g 5U-G2[/FONT][FONT=Verdana, Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif]Length:[/FONT][FONT=Verdana, Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif]675mm[/FONT][FONT=Verdana, Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif]Max Tension:[/FONT][FONT=Verdana, Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif]33/36 lbs[/FONT][FONT=Verdana, Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif]Balance:[/FONT][FONT=Verdana, Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif]285 +/- 3mm[/FONT]
    http://www.badmintonbay.com/product_info.php?cPath=28_42_54&products_id=197

currently in high school badminton and I am unsure if this suits a mixed doubles person. (btw I am the male) :)

12. ah_lee_ba_ba

ah_lee_ba_ba Regular Member

Freelance
    Wow almost 9 months since I 1st touch badminton. Got 2 new racket of Apac during Feburary, after getting good references from BF, I had decided to get 2 new 'sword' for my collection.
    1) Apac Furious 900 ( used to be Nano 900 ( white/Red)) with YY BG65 string 23lbs, it just snapped out yesterday. Head heavy, good control, an overall good racket for its price.
    2) Apac EdgeSaber 10, strung with RSL Super Ti 630 ( word too small could be wrong) 23lbs. Very light and fast swing.
    I prefer to better control than smashing, so my liking still Sotx Super fighter SF101 and Apac Furious900.
    Hope it could be a good help to all. Shalom.

13. escape

escape Regular Member

Hi, I believe the Slayer 550 is a pretty new racket so info is sketchy at best. Had a swing with it just last week. Its best selling point is light weight, although not a 5U, its a low 80g range. Its not very head heavy but pretty stiff so it should b good for doubles play with good manoeuvrability. I didn't really play with it so I can't comment on its actual performance.

Why not consider a Edgesaber 10 or even NS 9900, both are tried and tested rackets for doubles.
    All the best!
    Edwin

14. strafen

strafen New Member

Student
    Its stiff? :eek:
    That was the only thing I was worrying about. For me I don't like edgesaber or Nano series. I liked the specs of the slayer and tantrums though :D

15. Subang690

Subang690 Regular Member

sports writer

Yea, imagine the YY Arcsaber-Z at RM700+ (that after really good discount) and te Edgesaber-Z Spark which is just a little bit more uncomfortable at RM95!!!! hahaha... Long live Apacs!!!

16. escape

escape Regular Member

Yeah I know about the pricing for an original Arc Z....Long Live Apacs too!!!

17. escape

escape Regular Member

Most of the tantrums are stiff shafts. Maybe you list what are the qualities you like in a racket instead of specifically mentioning the model. I am sure others will be able to help too.

Edwin

18. jeffwind

jeffwind Regular Member

Hi hi... i'm new at here..hope can get some advice from u all...
    I like to smash...any advice for me? nano 9900?
    By the way, may i noe where can i find Apac in SG?
    THanks ya ;)

19. dorysan

dorysan Regular Member

you can try the nano900 power.

20. escape

escape Regular Member

If you like to smash and good at it, then you can consider a Tantrum 300 or Lethal 70.

Good luck!
    Edwin