APACS fan club

Discussion in 'Badminton Rackets / Equipment' started by clearng, Dec 13, 2006.

1. youthchean

youthchean Regular Member

Ulric,where n how much u bought it for?interested in gettin lethal as well

2. ulric5

ulric5 Regular Member

IT Manager
  3. weinsteinium

weinsteinium Regular Member

Actually, you should check out DinkALot's racquet review thread:
    http://www.badmintoncentral.com/forums/showthread.php?t=45209

The Tantrum 200 and Lethal 50 are his highest rated racquets and yes he reviewed a bunch of Yonex racquets (He didn't review the Nanospeed 9900 but he does review the NS9000). I'm not going to say that APACS is better than Yonex but the top-of-the-line APACS racquets match the quality of the top-of-the-line Yonex racquets.

There is a reason that there are so many people in the APACS fan club...they make a really good racquet at a very reasonable price.

4. Mark A

Mark A Regular Member

Lethal 60 stiffness?

Can anybody stack a Lethal 60 against, say, the Tantrum 200? I'm after my second APACS doubles racket but I can't get hold of one in UK for testing. APACS calls the L60 "medium stiff", but it uses graphite with a higher mod than the Tantrum 200 (which is described as "stiff"). Confused!:confused:

Not had a chance to play with the new T200 yet, but I'm already impressed with the stiffness, manoeurability and air-cutting ease. Looks like it's goodbye, Yonex...

5. bluecraze07

bluecraze07 Regular Member

Trust me Mark, the T200 is amazing. Once I picked it up, I have seriously not even used my Yonex, SOTX and RSL rackets once. It has been the only thing I've been using for the past two months. Its amazing!

6. ScorpioRed

ScorpioRed Regular Member

I've already asked in a different thread and I did not get any reply yet, so I will try it here :)

When not talking about written parameters, the ones of you who tried Tantrum 160 and Tantrum 200, what is your personal feeling from both rackets and the main differences which would make you go for 160 or 200? I know the materials and technology are different, but what you really get is more imporant.

Dinakalot's review choice for Tantrum 200 is well known from hi reviews, here is a one for Tantrum 160 http://badminton-racket.blogspot.com/2009/07/badminton-racket-review-apacs-tantrum.html.

I would like to order one of them, but both of them seem to be very good rackets based on what people say, unfortunatelly I can't try it before I order it from abroad. :confused:

So that's basically why I ask, as I try to collect as many info as possible.

7. ah_lee_ba_ba

ah_lee_ba_ba Regular Member

Freelance
    Need advice and help. Wanted a $80 ( Sing dollar) budget racket. Any recommendation for a racket, since I am a newbie here. Wonder what brand of string recommended? At what strength? Prefer more control, and on the defense side. Lastly, where can I get such a good price at which shop? Thanks. I love this site.

8. LD rules!

LD rules! Regular Member

welcome

welcome and hope you enjoy your time on BCDF
    Let's see depend wat u are lookin 4 !
    The clones are about 1/3 of the price and 3/4s as good as the yonex equivilent
    Maybe an edgesaber 7 would be a good choice for you
    However apacs also have their own line up of racquets that are worth checking out

9. ScorpioRed

Hello Apacs fands,

I am currently after Tantrum 200 or Tantrum 160, however I still can't decide which one should I get. I read a lot of positive about both models, although each if them is completely different technology and material.

As I can't test them in my hand here in CZ (will get them from abroad), I would like to ask the ones of you who tried Tantrum 160 and Tantrum 200, what is your personal feeling from both rackets and the main differences which would make you go for 160 or 200?

Thank you.

10. dorysan

dorysan Regular Member

11. weinsteinium

weinsteinium Regular Member

I haven't read a lot of reviews for the APACS Superlight, but DinkALot gave it a very good review in his racquet reviews: [​IMG] http://www.badmintoncentral.com/forums/showthread.php?t=45209

Basically it had the best power of any of the superlight racquets he reviewed and was still lightning fast like you'd expect out of a 78g racquet.

12. dorysan

dorysan Regular Member

thank you very mach.
    i am about to buy 1 tomorrow.
    have any idea what strings to put? (im about to string it with BG65).

13. ScorpioRed

14. ghooga

ghooga Regular Member

Bean Counter, Student
    I just bought myself an APACS Pro Fusion 2000 from eBay (yeah, from that regular guy from M'sia who sells nothing but APACS rackets).
    I've read good reviews about it. Having just came across a good offer for YY Ti-10, I have a change of heart now. Might end up purchasing the Ti-10 tomorrow since the loonie is soaring high up now. Am wondering if there's any taker for my APACS? Gimme your best offer, guys...

15. kazibul

kazibul Regular Member

wrong section..dude...:rolleyes:

16. Charlie Liu

Charlie Liu Regular Member

Engineer
    Ah Lee,
    Brought mine (Apacs Nano Power9900) at:
    Classic Sports Trading

Blk 94 Lor 4 Toa Payoh #01-34
    Singapore 310094
    Tel: 62538858

Have a choice of Yonex BG65, 66, 68Ti and 85. Strung mine with 68Ti but subsequently read from this forum that 85 is better.
    The shop owner insisted that I shall not use more than 24lb as I am a casual player.
    He has several brands, each with limited models. May be he can help you to order if you have any model in mind.

17. chouchoo

chouchoo Regular Member

Just got my Tantrum 200 in... I own a few NS9900s and I must say the Tantrum is easier and quicker to maneuver. I didn't really play any games with it but first impressions are great! Still love my AT900T tho... haha maybe I will bench that to try the Tantrum out more!

18. bluecraze07

bluecraze07 Regular Member

Why is Apacs starting to use non-overlapping grommets? It's such a pain to string them as you always have to fight through blocked grommets when doing crosses. Such a pain, what were they thinking?!?!

19. BJOOI

BJOOI Regular Member

marketing
    Can anyone tell me what the differences are for Lethal 50 and lethal 60? What's the pricing like? Thanks.

20. warlock110

warlock110 Regular Member

the lethal 60 on apac canada is actually cheaper than the 50. they are both over 100 USD though.